Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:54 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [2]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [3]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy, Statistics
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 128
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
WE:Marketing (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA FEMBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]
Kudos
Polishing off my application to submit for R1 by end of this week. Any experts on here with help on assessing candidacy?
Invited to Interview
22 Jan, 2018
16 Jan 2018, 16:10
laca2021 GMAT: 690, Q49, V35; GPA: 3.48; WE: 102 months; United States, CA; via Email [#permalink]
Admitted
19 Mar, 2018
17 Jan 2018, 20:05
CoachRusco GMAT: 720, Q46, V42; GPA: 3.56; WE: 72 months; United States; via Phone
Applied Early Decision [#permalink]
Invited to Interview
22 Jan, 2018
23 Jan 2018, 00:02
Private, GMAT: 690, Q49, V35; WE: 87 months; United States; via Email [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 660 Q41 V40
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.72
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA FEMBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]
App is in for R1!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Submitted on Sunday. Anyone have any guidance on how to prep for interviews?
Invited to Interview
22 Jan, 2018
23 Jan 2018, 17:17
Private, GMAT: 700, Q47, V38; GPA: 3.6; WE: 60 months; United States, CA; via Email [#permalink]
Invited to Interview
22 Jan, 2018
23 Jan 2018, 19:03
Private, GRE: 310, Q154, V154; GPA: 3; United States, CA; via Email [#permalink]
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
If it helps anyone, here are interview experiences shared by previous FEBLA candidates on forum...

theBestFella wrote:
theBestFella wrote:
Received call about 20 mins ago, In as well!!

I received few messages over the holidays about my experience of interview on Super Saturday so I decided to share here for the benefits of others who are applying or looking to apply for future rounds.

Personally I wouldn't call it an interview, I felt it's more like a optional opportunity for a current student (interviewer) who hasn't read your application nor essays to know more about you in the 30ish-minutes chat, he or she can then recommend you in ways they see fit.

I arrived about 30 minutes before the scheduled time. On the check-in list there were about 15-20 people interviewed in the same time slots, few were fly-in. All of us were waiting in the hallway of the library, I guess we were all quite nervous because there weren't too much conversation going on. When the time came we were led to library for a brief 10 minutes introduction about the interview. Then they started to call us by name, I was among the first few got called that my interviewer and I just decided to sit outside the library and started to chat.

I didn't get many (if any) hard questions during my interview. Make sure you know how to answer basic questions such as walk through resume, future goals, prior job transition (how and why?), background, why UCLA and any numbers you put in the resume. Oh and one question I didn't except was how I prepared GMAT.

After the interview, my interviewer took me to the hall downstairs for an informal coffee chat with program director and some current students for networking opportunity.

Overall it was a pretty positive experience. Don't over stress yourself preparing the questions, if you did the research ahead of time while writing essays you should have known the program very well. Just know your resume, go out there and be yourself.

Cares wrote:
trizzy3 wrote:
Interviews are this Saturday... any advice?

Just be relaxed. You're interviewing with a current student or alumni of the program. You'll get asked about your resume so if course be prepared to talk about what you're proud of and your successes. Be sure to know why you want to spent $140k and commit your next 3 years to an MBA too. There isn't a right answer of course but have an answer.

You'll get an opportunity to ask about the program and work life school balance. Getting an interview is over half the battle in my opinion. I feel like over half the people in my interview block were admitted.

I'll be there Saturday for class and I'll try and drop by between classes.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Tips for "I am unique because....." essay

engineermba1620 wrote:
Energy2020 wrote:
adarshshetty wrote:
Hi All,

Can someone who got admitted share how they started off writing "I am Unique because..." essay. I know it is about core values and anecdotes to explain oneself, but I am unable to figure out how to start. I just need to know what the first paragraph or first few sentences can be like, I can write the rest.

Any templates, sample piece of first few sentences that I refer to? I unable to figure out how to complete the sentence "I am unique because ...".

Well since this is the personality/Tell Your Story essay, I'd say the beginning is arguably the most important part. I wouldn't worry about having to complete the sentence (not sure if it actually matters) until after you've written the bulk of your essay.

All applicants without a doubt have their own sets of goals, and motivating factors behind getting an MBA, but the point of this prompt is to see how you can communicate those traits in a way which makes you stand out.

This is your chance to get creative. Think about your favorite books and movies. Some start at the end and go backwards to fill in the gaps. Others describe a single event or phenomenon in such vivid detail that characterizes the rest of the story. Don't be afraid to think outside of the box!

Good luck, and hope to see you as a fellow FEMBA 2020!

Talk about something that sets you apart from everyone else. Adcoms don't want cookie-cutter candidates. What's that one personality trait, activity, or passion that would make the adcom say "wow! this person's interesting". Also, don't start the essay with "I am unique..." It's tacky. Dive right into it and tell a story. Then, summarize it with "I am unique because..." in the last paragraph.
Invited to Interview
22 Jan, 2018
25 Jan 2018, 00:14
Private, GMAT: 640, Q49, V29; GPA: 3; WE: 84 months; United States; via Email [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Is everyone invited to interview?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [1]
Given Kudos: 310
GMAT 1: 610 Q47 V27
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V37
WE:Supply Chain Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
caligirl91 wrote:
Is everyone invited to interview?

If you're asking if every person applying is invited to an interview, the answer is no. However, since the FEMBA program does have a much higher acceptance rate, you will probably see a high rate of people invited to interviews.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Kudos
Asking because I got this email right after I applied:

"Congratulations! You have successfully submitted your online application to the UCLA Anderson School of Management's Fully Employed MBA Program.

To sign up for an optional interview on February 3rd, 2018, please follow the link below:

REGISTER FOR FEBRUARY 3RD, 2018 INTERVIEW ».

Please make sure you have ordered/sent all EXAM SCORE(S), OFFICIAL HARD COPY UNDERGRADUATE TRANSCRIPTS and GRADUATE TRANSCRIPTS (if applicable). Your application will not be reviewed until all necessary official documents have been received.

It is important that you keep your original email address used on the application, and equally important that the address femba.admissions@anderson.ucla.edu is added to your 'safe' list, or otherwise not filtered out as spam. This will permit us to send you pertinent emails through the course of the admissions season.

Your admissions decisions will be released through the online application system on the admissions notification date for the round in which you applied.

Thank you for your application,

Fully Employed MBA Admissions
UCLA Anderson School of Management"
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 310
GMAT 1: 610 Q47 V27
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V37
WE:Supply Chain Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
caligirl91 wrote:
Asking because I got this email right after I applied:

"Congratulations! You have successfully submitted your online application to the UCLA Anderson School of Management's Fully Employed MBA Program.

To sign up for an optional interview on February 3rd, 2018, please follow the link below:

REGISTER FOR FEBRUARY 3RD, 2018 INTERVIEW ».

Please make sure you have ordered/sent all EXAM SCORE(S), OFFICIAL HARD COPY UNDERGRADUATE TRANSCRIPTS and GRADUATE TRANSCRIPTS (if applicable). Your application will not be reviewed until all necessary official documents have been received.

It is important that you keep your original email address used on the application, and equally important that the address femba.admissions@anderson.ucla.edu is added to your 'safe' list, or otherwise not filtered out as spam. This will permit us to send you pertinent emails through the course of the admissions season.

Your admissions decisions will be released through the online application system on the admissions notification date for the round in which you applied.

Thank you for your application,

Fully Employed MBA Admissions
UCLA Anderson School of Management"

My apologies, it seems like every FEMBA candidate does have an option to go in for an interview. I also took a look at the Full-time FAQ page and it clearly states on their that interviews are by invitation only.

https://www.anderson.ucla.edu/degrees/f ... aq#x182864

"When/How do I sign up for an admissions interview?
After you submit your online application, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to register for an interview slot."

"Yes. An on-campus interview provides candidates with an opportunity to put a face to their application. Interviews will be scheduled once your online application has been submitted and application fee paid. Only one interview will be conducted for each applicant. In some circumstances, the Admissions Committee may request a candidate interview. For full details, and on-campus interview dates and deadlines please visit Admissions."

It does beg the question, since the interview is optional, can you get accepted without an interview?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
I'm confused. there's the on campus interview on 2/3 but is there a separate interview where you are invited?

thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 128
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
WE:Marketing (Computer Software)
Send PM
GMATClub just doesn’t have an option for you to say “scheduled own interview after application” haha since UCLA is a bit unique in that regard in that you can take advantage of an automatic interview spot if you want.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts