GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 24 Jun 2018, 17:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all UCLA FEMBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2021!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Admitted
19 Mar, 2018
Private, GMAT: 680, Q44, V38; GPA: 3.2; WE: 60 months; United States, NY; via Phone
Denied from Full Time program, invited to interview for FEMBA. Accepted 1/30
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 8
Re: Calling all UCLA FEMBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2018, 17:00
1
Did anyone else go to Super Saturday on Feb 2?

Would love to hear what everyone else thought. A little nervous on my end!! The waiting game begins now!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 8
Re: Calling all UCLA FEMBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2018, 17:01
Quote:
Applied Early Decision
Admitted on: 2018/03/19
GMAT: 720, Q46, V42
GPA: 3.56
WE: 72 months
Location: United States
Heard back via: Phone



Just wondering, how does someone apply early decision?
1 KUDOS received
USC Marshall Thread Master
avatar
B
Joined: 31 Oct 2017
Posts: 59
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
WE: Marketing (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all UCLA FEMBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2018, 17:07
1
entertainmentjunkie I think what shocked me most about Super Saturday was that everything leading up to your interview was designed to calm you down and get you relaxed before your interview.

If you've been to an open house, Super Saturday is reminiscent of that - networking and refreshments in that main foyer area, and almost feeling like you're pre-interviewing when sharing your background with other students.

What's nice about it though is that by the time you get to the interview, even if you arrived only 30 minutes before, you've already had a "warm up" so to speak so you're not going into the interview cold.

Interviews are done by a mixture of admissions staff, some alumni, but mainly second year students. They almost exclusively go through your resume (90% of the interview is resume based) so just be prepared to speak on every stop on your resume and what you learned from it, or what you contributed.

Because it's FEMBA, they'll want to know how thoughtful you've been about planning the commute (if you have one) and time commitments since apparently it's a hard adjustment for most people when they start the program.

One last thing, I've noticed that UCLA tried to pair applicants with an interviewer whose MBA focus closely mirrors what you've expressed on your application. All in all, just be yourself and it'll be a pretty chill experience.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 8
Re: Calling all UCLA FEMBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2018, 17:13
jsmallwood82 wrote:
entertainmentjunkie I think what shocked me most about Super Saturday was that everything leading up to your interview was designed to calm you down and get you relaxed before your interview.

If you've been to an open house, Super Saturday is reminiscent of that - networking and refreshments in that main foyer area, and almost feeling like you're pre-interviewing when sharing your background with other students.

What's nice about it though is that by the time you get to the interview, even if you arrived only 30 minutes before, you've already had a "warm up" so to speak so you're not going into the interview cold.

Interviews are done by a mixture of admissions staff, some alumni, but mainly second year students. They almost exclusively go through your resume (90% of the interview is resume based) so just be prepared to speak on every stop on your resume and what you learned from it, or what you contributed.

Because it's FEMBA, they'll want to know how thoughtful you've been about planning the commute (if you have one) and time commitments since apparently it's a hard adjustment for most people when they start the program.

One last thing, I've noticed that UCLA tried to pair applicants with an interviewer whose MBA focus closely mirrors what you've expressed on your application. All in all, just be yourself and it'll be a pretty chill experience.



Agree with your points! I had a great interview and good last point! My interviewer is in the same field that I want to get into. Now the waiting game begins!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Nov 2012
Posts: 26
Concentration: Strategy, Statistics
Re: Calling all UCLA FEMBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2018, 17:16
entertainmentjunkie wrote:
jsmallwood82 wrote:
entertainmentjunkie I think what shocked me most about Super Saturday was that everything leading up to your interview was designed to calm you down and get you relaxed before your interview.

If you've been to an open house, Super Saturday is reminiscent of that - networking and refreshments in that main foyer area, and almost feeling like you're pre-interviewing when sharing your background with other students.

What's nice about it though is that by the time you get to the interview, even if you arrived only 30 minutes before, you've already had a "warm up" so to speak so you're not going into the interview cold.

Interviews are done by a mixture of admissions staff, some alumni, but mainly second year students. They almost exclusively go through your resume (90% of the interview is resume based) so just be prepared to speak on every stop on your resume and what you learned from it, or what you contributed.

Because it's FEMBA, they'll want to know how thoughtful you've been about planning the commute (if you have one) and time commitments since apparently it's a hard adjustment for most people when they start the program.

One last thing, I've noticed that UCLA tried to pair applicants with an interviewer whose MBA focus closely mirrors what you've expressed on your application. All in all, just be yourself and it'll be a pretty chill experience.



Agree with your points! I had a great interview and good last point! My interviewer is in the same field that I want to get into. Now the waiting game begins!


Mostly similar comments as the above, however the last point about being in your field... that was not the case for me. Not sure how it was designed, but I have a finance background and was interviewed by someone with an engineering field. Maybe just luck of the draw for others above?

Good experience overall, however I was just accepted into the Haas EWMBA program, so I am planning to enroll in that program instead. Best of luck to everyone on their applications!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 8
Re: Calling all UCLA FEMBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2018, 17:35
laca2021 wrote:
entertainmentjunkie wrote:
jsmallwood82 wrote:
entertainmentjunkie I think what shocked me most about Super Saturday was that everything leading up to your interview was designed to calm you down and get you relaxed before your interview.

If you've been to an open house, Super Saturday is reminiscent of that - networking and refreshments in that main foyer area, and almost feeling like you're pre-interviewing when sharing your background with other students.

What's nice about it though is that by the time you get to the interview, even if you arrived only 30 minutes before, you've already had a "warm up" so to speak so you're not going into the interview cold.

Interviews are done by a mixture of admissions staff, some alumni, but mainly second year students. They almost exclusively go through your resume (90% of the interview is resume based) so just be prepared to speak on every stop on your resume and what you learned from it, or what you contributed.

Because it's FEMBA, they'll want to know how thoughtful you've been about planning the commute (if you have one) and time commitments since apparently it's a hard adjustment for most people when they start the program.

One last thing, I've noticed that UCLA tried to pair applicants with an interviewer whose MBA focus closely mirrors what you've expressed on your application. All in all, just be yourself and it'll be a pretty chill experience.



Agree with your points! I had a great interview and good last point! My interviewer is in the same field that I want to get into. Now the waiting game begins!


Mostly similar comments as the above, however the last point about being in your field... that was not the case for me. Not sure how it was designed, but I have a finance background and was interviewed by someone with an engineering field. Maybe just luck of the draw for others above?

Good experience overall, however I was just accepted into the Haas EWMBA program, so I am planning to enroll in that program instead. Best of luck to everyone on their applications!




AH! Congrats!! Best of luck to you :)
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Sep 2016
Posts: 2
Location: United States (CA)
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.6
Re: Calling all UCLA FEMBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2018, 11:57
1
The waiting game starts! Good luck to everyone in R1!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Dec 2013
Posts: 1
Re: Calling all UCLA FEMBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2018, 16:42
Taking the GRE March 1st and completing my application by March 6. Excited and anxious. All advice welcomed.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Mar 2018
Posts: 2
Re: Calling all UCLA FEMBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2018, 11:20
anyone hear anything yet??
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Nov 2012
Posts: 26
Concentration: Strategy, Statistics
Re: Calling all UCLA FEMBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2018, 11:30
cwintro wrote:
anyone hear anything yet??


You probably won't hear anything until the notification date, which is March 29th for Round 1. I know sometimes schools will call a few days before the actual notification date, but that's probably still 2 weeks from now.

Hope that helps!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Mar 2018
Posts: 2
Re: Calling all UCLA FEMBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2018, 16:37
laca2021 wrote:
cwintro wrote:
anyone hear anything yet??


You probably won't hear anything until the notification date, which is March 29th for Round 1. I know sometimes schools will call a few days before the actual notification date, but that's probably still 2 weeks from now.

Hope that helps!


Thanks! Saw on some of the other year's threads that sometimes it's earlier than the notification date. just curious!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Feb 2017
Posts: 6
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V29
GPA: 3
Re: Calling all UCLA FEMBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2018, 16:58
1
cwintro wrote:
laca2021 wrote:
cwintro wrote:
anyone hear anything yet??


You probably won't hear anything until the notification date, which is March 29th for Round 1. I know sometimes schools will call a few days before the actual notification date, but that's probably still 2 weeks from now.

Hope that helps!


Thanks! Saw on some of the other year's threads that sometimes it's earlier than the notification date. just curious!


Same here... followed last years thread thinking they would let us know around the same time.

Something to keep in mind, last year UCLA had 3 rounds. This year UCLA only has 2 rounds, and the 1st round's timeframe is the same as round 2 last year. In the previous year Round 1, UCLA waited until the last few days to start notifying students.

Curious to see what happens this year.

Good luck to everyone!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Mar 2018
Posts: 10
Location: United States
Re: Calling all UCLA FEMBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2018, 02:40
1
I didn’t realize last year had three rounds, instead of two. Thanks for that info! Now we shall continue to wait and see!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 29 Mar 2017
Posts: 1
Premium Member
Re: Calling all UCLA FEMBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2018, 15:47
Any responses in for R1 applicants?
1 KUDOS received
USC Marshall Thread Master
avatar
B
Joined: 31 Oct 2017
Posts: 59
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
WE: Marketing (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all UCLA FEMBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2018, 16:19
1
trompt wrote:
Any responses in for R1 applicants?


Funny that you mentioned this - I had to call Anderson's admissions team today because I got an offer from another school, with the deposit due 3/23, but I am still awaiting decisions from Haas and Anderson.

I was told that right now, they still haven't made any selections at all outside of the no brainers (top or bottom 1%) and that even if someone got in, they would notify people a lot closer to the 3/29 decision date, but not much earlier.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Posts: 8
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.67
Re: Calling all UCLA FEMBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2018, 22:50
I got an email fro Anderson asking me to ship my original degree certificate. I did not know that they needed this even to make a decision. I already attached a soft copy earlier though.
Did any of you get such a request ? The whole process was smooth though . The admissions officer was friendly and gave me crisp and prompt responses. She assured me that they will send out the certificate as and when they verify that the certificate is an original
USC Marshall Thread Master
avatar
B
Joined: 31 Oct 2017
Posts: 59
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
WE: Marketing (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all UCLA FEMBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2018, 00:17
Sharan Sadras wrote:
I got an email fro Anderson asking me to ship my original degree certificate. I did not know that they needed this even to make a decision. I already attached a soft copy earlier though.
Did any of you get such a request ? The whole process was smooth though . The admissions officer was friendly and gave me crisp and prompt responses. She assured me that they will send out the certificate as and when they verify that the certificate is an original


That's interesting. Was it like the degree itself?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Feb 2017
Posts: 6
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V29
GPA: 3
Re: Calling all UCLA FEMBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2018, 00:19
Sharan Sadras wrote:
I got an email fro Anderson asking me to ship my original degree certificate. I did not know that they needed this even to make a decision. I already attached a soft copy earlier though.
Did any of you get such a request ? The whole process was smooth though . The admissions officer was friendly and gave me crisp and prompt responses. She assured me that they will send out the certificate as and when they verify that the certificate is an original



Was your degree from OUS?

I only had to submit a hard copy of my official transcript.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Posts: 8
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.67
Re: Calling all UCLA FEMBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2018, 00:22
Hey Guys!

Yes -- I have applied from India. I dont know whether that changed the equation and asked for a degree hard copy.

I fedexed the original from India. Is this uncommon ? Did any of you have to ship your original degree certificate ?
Re: Calling all UCLA FEMBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2021!   [#permalink] 13 Mar 2018, 00:22

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 77 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all UCLA FEMBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2021!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mihir0710



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.