GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 08 Dec 2019, 13:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

USC Marshall MBA.PM (2016 Intake)Class of 2019 Calling all applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
USC Marshall MBA.PM (2016 Intake)Class of 2019 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Sep 2015, 04:33

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: USC Marshall MBA.PM (2016 Intake)Class of 2019 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Sep 2015, 04:34
Good luck to all applicants applying to MBA.PM this year!!

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

USC Marshall Thread Master
B
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35
GPA: 2.7
WE: Analyst (Entertainment and Sports)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: USC Marshall MBA.PM (2016 Intake)Class of 2019 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2015, 11:21
Good luck to everyone applying. I'm hoping my upcoming GMAT attempt in october goes well.

I couldn't find any deadlines on the USC website, it just states that they start taking applications September 1st and results will start December 1st, are there no rounds this year?
MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2015, 11:37
Johnny250 wrote:
Good luck to everyone applying. I'm hoping my upcoming GMAT attempt in october goes well.

I couldn't find any deadlines on the USC website, it just states that they start taking applications September 1st and results will start December 1st, are there no rounds this year?

I noticed that too; Seems no admission rounds this year

Good Luck!!

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2015, 22:43
Johnny250 wrote:

They're on rolling admissions this year. Applications opened Sept 1. Good Luck on your GMAT! :)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GRE 1: Q157 V166

GRE 2: Q160 V167

GRE 3: Q163 V166
GPA: 3.72
WE: Law (Law)

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2015, 15:08
This thread is awfully quiet given that decisions are supposedly being released today.

I submitted my application in mid-October. Did not receive any communication from AdCom (including no invitation to interview). It is a little discouraging. I know AdComs are really busy, but Anderson and Haas have both been contacting me regularly -- inviting me to events, keeping me posted about application status, etc. -- so an email from Marshall (even a generic bulk email) would go a long way right now.

Has anyone heard anything?

Good luck to everyone!
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2015, 16:58
CrucialTaunt wrote:
This thread is awfully quiet given that decisions are supposedly being released today.

I submitted my application in mid-October. Did not receive any communication from AdCom (including no invitation to interview). It is a little discouraging. I know AdComs are really busy, but Anderson and Haas have both been contacting me regularly -- inviting me to events, keeping me posted about application status, etc. -- so an email from Marshall (even a generic bulk email) would go a long way right now.

Has anyone heard anything?

Good luck to everyone!

This was my exact experience last year when applying. USC had absolutely 0 effort when it came to "courting" me. I already received multiple e-mails and an acceptance from Anderson before I even got an interview request from USC. I withdrew my application because they took too long and I did not enjoy the process whatsoever.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2015, 18:20
Cares wrote:

This was my exact experience last year when applying. USC had absolutely 0 effort when it came to "courting" me. I already received multiple e-mails and an acceptance from Anderson before I even got an interview request from USC. I withdrew my application because they took too long and I did not enjoy the process whatsoever.

Thanks for confirming what I suspected. FWIW, I called the Admissions Office today. Someone picked up on the first ring, and he was very polite and professional. He said that a lot of the admissions directors are traveling internationally right now for recruiting, so things might be a little delayed. He also explained that they are still sending out interview invitations to the applicants who applied when the application first opened on September 1, so I am behind them in the process (makes sense).

Overall I'm still disappointed with the slowness and lack of proactive communication about the process or any attempt to "recruit" me, but I was impressed with the AdCom rep I spoke with today.

It seems that based on the timing estimates I heard today, I will have a decision from UCLA Anderson before I even get an interview invitation (assuming I would get one) from USC Marshall. That's a little frustrating given that my Marshall app went in well before the Anderson app, but... nothing can be done at this point, except to keep waiting.

As always, best of luck to all applicants! Please post if you receive any news!
Manager
Manager
MISSION : 800
WE: Design (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2015, 20:50
https://www.marshall.usc.edu/mba/admissions

Round 1: October 19, 2015 >December 18, 2015
Round 2 : January 8, 2016 >April 1, 2016
Round 3 : April 8, 2016 > May 27, 2016

3 rounds are there as shown on the website.
I am gonna apply to USC in the second round.
Any suggestions..?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2015, 10:21
dpo wrote:
https://www.marshall.usc.edu/mba/admissions

Round 1: October 19, 2015 >December 18, 2015
Round 2 : January 8, 2016 >April 1, 2016
Round 3 : April 8, 2016 > May 27, 2016

3 rounds are there as shown on the website.
I am gonna apply to USC in the second round.
Any suggestions..?

Those are for full-time MBA applicants. This thread is for part time (MBA.PM), which has rolling admissions.

It looks like the full time thread is more active than this one.

Good luck!
-Crucial
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2015, 22:05
CrucialTaunt wrote:
Cares wrote:

Thanks for confirming what I suspected. FWIW, I called the Admissions Office today. Someone picked up on the first ring, and he was very polite and professional. He said that a lot of the admissions directors are traveling internationally right now for recruiting, so things might be a little delayed. He also explained that they are still sending out interview invitations to the applicants who applied when the application first opened on September 1, so I am behind them in the process (makes sense).

Overall I'm still disappointed with the slowness and lack of proactive communication about the process or any attempt to "recruit" me, but I was impressed with the AdCom rep I spoke with today.

It seems that based on the timing estimates I heard today, I will have a decision from UCLA Anderson before I even get an interview invitation (assuming I would get one) from USC Marshall. That's a little frustrating given that my Marshall app went in well before the Anderson app, but... nothing can be done at this point, except to keep waiting.

As always, best of luck to all applicants! Please post if you receive any news!

I just received an email inviting me to schedule for an interview today. However the interview is scheduled to be sometime in January. I feel like they won't give us a decision until around February. Please let me know if you hear anything from the Adcoms! :) Best of luck to all of you!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2015, 12:02
Hi. Was planing to apply for usc marshall, university of maryland and questrom (boston university) . Have a gmat score of 620, internationl student with more than 15 yrs of w.e. what could be the likely chances for admit in full time mba?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2015, 12:36
I am surprised how slow it is in this forum. I am a current MBA.PM student at Marshall and what I can tell you is that the rolling applications is new for this year. Last year I applied about a month after Anderson and everything fell in line along the same time line. I had my interview with USC early Jan and received my admit about a week after that. The program had gone through some administrative transitions in the fall so I suspect that could be the reason for the delays.

I would also urge you to put little stock into the shortage of correspondence to applicants. USC is a great school with a strong brand and my experience in the program thus far has been incredible.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Good luck everyone.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2016, 13:47
Today I received an email invitation to interview. They will be conducting interviews Jan 11-29. Anyone else get the email?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2016, 16:20
I have my interview tomorrow afternoon.

None of you guys had your interview yet?

:oops: scare
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2016, 17:47
jngshin wrote:

Mine is next week.

Good luck on your interview! If you get a chance, please post a de-brief from the interview when you are done. I have heard (anecdotal) that the interviews are relaxed and conversational, similar to UCLA's. I would be curious to know if that is your experience.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2016, 21:37
jngshin wrote:

I have mine tomorrow too! I'm super nervous already, this week flew by! Good Luck! :)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2016, 17:38
Interviewing tomorrow! I promise to post when it's done.

Anyone who has already interviewed want to share theirs?
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2016, 10:49
For those who recently got interviewed, have you heard anything back yet? They said I would hear a decision by last week but nothing yet..
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2016, 10:52
younpa wrote:
For those who recently got interviewed, have you heard anything back yet? They said I would hear a decision by last week but nothing yet..

I have not. When I spoke with the interviewer last week, he indicated they "would respond quickly," but he didn't specify an exact timeframe.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: USC Marshall MBA.PM (2016 Intake)Class of 2019 Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 18 Jan 2016, 10:52

Go to page    1   2   3    Next  [ 49 posts ] 

USC Marshall MBA.PM (2016 Intake)Class of 2019 Calling all applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status