Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 10:07 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 10:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Schools: Wharton '26
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GPA: 3.46
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
randyharrism10 wrote:
I submitted cover letter stated that I want to join entrepreneurship tracks, but just know after submitted that the tracks is no more offered. What does this mean for my chances? will it damages my applications?

So two cases- if you submitted the applications stating what you did before the decision was made, you have nothing to be worried about but a clarification addition note in your application stating your plans to pursue entrepreneurship after this change will not hurt. If you did so after the decision, they’ll think you’re poorly researched. And in that case you definitely lose a few points if not the whole application. But to quote one of my MBA professors, "The competition between MBA candidates goes in decimals not whole numbers". So, idk what situation you’re in but I thought might as well

We do have a free mock interview lottery you can apply for at MBA Conquerors in case you get invited to the interview. If you get an interview invite and want a professional feedback, you can always try that.
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hello confusedsoul29,

I hope you are doing well. Admission to the MIT Sloan MBA program, like other top MBA programs, is highly competitive, and candidates are evaluated holistically. While being an Indian male engineer with 10 years of work experience and a GMAT score of 750 is a strong foundation, it's essential to consider all aspects of your application.

Beginning with your academics, a GMAT score of 750 is excellent and falls well within the range of scores accepted at MIT Sloan. You mentioned having "average academics." Although the weight given to academics varies by school, it's essential to address this aspect in your application. Be prepared to explain any upward trends or circumstances that might have affected your academic performance.

Ten years of work experience is significant and can be viewed positively, especially if you have demonstrated leadership, impact, and career progression during that time. While your work experience is valuable, it's important to ensure that it aligns with your career goals and the MBA program's focus. MIT Sloan values candidates who can contribute to the classroom and benefit from the program's offerings.

Strong recommendation letters from supervisors or colleagues who can attest to your leadership abilities, teamwork, and impact in the workplace are crucial.

It's important to note that MIT Sloan, like other top MBA programs, considers a variety of factors in their admissions decisions, and each applicant is assessed individually. Your work experience, GMAT score, and other components of your application are all important, but so is the overall impression you make as a candidate. Be sure to put your best foot forward in your application, address any weaknesses, and make a strong case for how you will contribute to and benefit from the MIT Sloan MBA program.

Good luck with your application!
We offer a limited number of complimentary profile evaluations each week . We match you with the students and alums of top B-Schools according to your background and target schools. In this call, the experts will try to dig out your USP for top B-schools and provide you with honest feedback on your profile and chances to your target schools.

Feel free to schedule a free profile evaluation call with us to discuss your profile better and give a fair evaluation of your chances of admission to top Business schools.

Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
Meet our Panel of Consultants.
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com
MBA and Beyond

confusedsoul29 wrote:
Does an Indian male engineer with 10 years of work experience stand a chance. Gmat 750 and average academics.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
randyharrism10 wrote:
I submitted cover letter stated that I want to join entrepreneurship tracks, but just know after submitted that the tracks is no more offered. What does this mean for my chances? will it damages my applications?

They still have the entrepreneurship and innovation certificate right? I can see it on website, even i mentioned it

Businessconquerer wrote:
So two cases- if you submitted the applications stating what you did before the decision was made, you have nothing to be worried about but a clarification addition note in your application stating your plans to pursue entrepreneurship after this change will not hurt. If you did so after the decision, they’ll think you’re poorly researched. And in that case you definitely lose a few points if not the whole application. But to quote one of my MBA professors, "The competition between MBA candidates goes in decimals not whole numbers". So, idk what situation you’re in but I thought might as well

Sorry when was the decision made if you’re aware of the date?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Sloan (MIT)
Send PM
randyharrism10 wrote:

When did MIT remove E+I Track. I still see it in the website as part of certificates. MBA Students are allowed to pursue upto 2 certificates.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
dingbling wrote:
Sorry when was the decision made if you’re aware of the date?

They release articles/blogs on their website when they make such decisions to make it public, the earliest blog/article will be the date you

you

You’re looking for*

The chat is buggy, I think, the message got sent before I could finish the sentence

Merci4 wrote:
When did MIT remove E+I Track. I still see it in the website as part of certificates. MBA Students are allowed to pursue upto 2 certificates.

Yeah, I am not saying that. There have been cases where people got to know this in some infosessions, I guess, I am still verifying that information from trusted sources. I never suggest my clients discuss anything beyond the curriculum that remains on their website here- https://mitsloan.mit.edu/mba/explore-pr ... curriculum. I’ll keep you guys posted when I get a confirmation on whether the Entrepreneurship track has actually been removed or not, but here is what most people mean by the track - https://entrepreneurship.mit.edu/wp-con ... -MBA23.pdf

Stay informed folks, don’t buy into fake news!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Was told "they are now called certificates and not tracks"
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Schools: Ross '26 (II)
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Hello everyone I see a interview invite from Sloan on live wire. Did Sloan started rolling out interview invites?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Send PM
Satyaraj wrote:
Hello everyone I see a interview invite from Sloan on live wire. Did Sloan started rolling out interview invites?

Not seen any

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
has anyone received an interview invite for the mba?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
GPA: 3.46
Send PM
Kudos
I literally just met Dawna levenson yesterday in jakarta. She said that invitation will be sent next week. Keep calm
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 299
Send PM
Any idea around which date does Sloan send out invites? Like what was the trend in previous years?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 242
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 2.7
Send PM
Niksthebest wrote:
Any idea around which date does Sloan send out invites? Like what was the trend in previous years?

27th Oct I think
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Does anyone know if they send out interviews in bulks to all students like Harvard or in small batches each week?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Schools: Ross '26 (II)
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
mlindak wrote:
Does anyone know if they send out interviews in bulks to all students like Harvard or in small batches each week?

+1
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 4
Send PM
bulk
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
Send PM