Last visit was: 11 May 2024, 01:54 It is currently 11 May 2024, 01:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Operations, Leadership
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.85
WE:Operations (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 510 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi andy,

Thanks for sharing your profile.

I am an ISB alum and run an admission consulting firm, CrackAdmission.

To give you an accurate evaluation of your profile, I will need more information from your side including which IT company are you working with, which college did you graduate from, do you have international experience, industry knowledge, extra curricular initiatives, break up of your GMAT score among others.

I have worked with applicants who have got in to ISB with score as low as 660. However, you will need to showcase something in your candidature that stands your apart from the rest of the 'Indian Male IT pool' and generates interest in the admission committee.

Please feel free to get in touch with me at +919701215544 (calling ) / +919911716471 (https://gmatclub.com/chat) to discuss further.

Thanks
Arijit
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Expert Reply
deepudiscover wrote:
Thanks in advance to evaluate the profile

Background-31M, Indian

GMAT: 660, 51Q, 27Q, Preparing for another attempt

12-86
B.Tech-75 with honor's

Professional: 7+ years of experience. started as an Engineer Trainee at Infosys (India) and then moved on to Technology analyst within 3 years. I was instrumental in doing a PoC (proof of concept) resulting in a multimillion contract. I further built a cross-functional QA team to assist with implementation. Seeing my integrity and technology advances I was chosen to lead the team at the client location and establish deeper relationships, winning employee of the quarter award. I moved on to VMware, USA as a Member of Technical staff responsible for a crucial project with beverage industry leader to create a smart machine and was awarded for going above and beyond to identify an error that saved around $400k

International Work; 4+ years

Extra- Curricular: I use my creativity through Dramatics as a tool to educate people and spread awareness. I was a state level boxer and now help kids interested in boxing with basic training and equipment. I am active with Teach for India and other Non-Profit organizations. I co-founded an environment club In the very first year, we planted 15000 trees around our community and organized educational trips, quizzes, and seminars & guest lectures. This club is being run by current students.

Hobbies: Numismatic, poetry-writing

Hi deepudiscover,

Lots of positives in your profile. International work experience definitely helps and so do the professional accomplishments. Extracurriculars are exemplary. The only down side is your GMAT. A score of 660 can ruin your chances. If you can push your score to 700+, armed with the right essays, you can definitely meet the finish line.
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 336 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Expert Reply
shwet265 wrote:
Please evaluate my profile...

GMAT score: 700 (Q50,V34,IR8)

Btech (Mechanical Engg) from IIT (ISM) Dhanbad. CGPA of 7.02/10
10th : 91.4 %
12th: 91%

Age 25, Male.
Working exp: 4 years in PSU (Maharatna Company)
Recipient of CBSE scholarship
Should I have to take GMAT again

Target Colleges: ISB, NUS singapore, Insead, LBS

Thanks

Hi there,
Without knowing much about the depth of your leadership and management experience and impact you've made etc, thus far I would just say yes with a 700 I'd try again given how competitive the Indian engineering applicant pool is at ISB and the others mentioned, and how high that applicant pool tends to score. Quant looks solid so see if you can maintain that or raise just slightly and focus on improving verbal. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Hi, Thank you for your reply. I took my GMAT today, but my score was lower than in the mocks. I scored 630 only while in the mocks i was scoring 660-670. Given that the R1 deadlines are very close, can you please recommend what should i do? Do i stand any chance at ISB, Rotterdam, St. Gallen, Insead or NUS?

Is ISB out of picture with this score, despite having a NON IT profile with international experience?

Thanks,
Raunak

Apphelp wrote:
Raunak_Bhatia wrote:
Hi! Please evaluate my profile.

Indian Male candidate (27 years old) with bachelors in commerce from Mumbai University. Decent Academics (X-80%, 12-85%, Bachelors-75%), 6 years of work experience (including 3 years of International experience) with a Market research company focusing on research projects on new product launches and Pricing and promotion strategies in the FMCG domain. Currently working as a Senior Consultant in Poland.

In terms of extra curricular, I was elected House Captain in my last year of schooling, captained school/club cricket teams for 3 years, Played district level cricket in the Under 15 levels, active member of Rotract club during my college days and Community service groups at work.

In terms of the GMAT, i am taking on 30th Sept, but i am stuck around the 670 levels. Would that be a okay score for my profile? Target Schools: ISB, IE, NUS, Nanyang, EDHEC.

Looking forward to your feedback!

Hi Raunak_Bhatia,

Your profile can come across as a strong one, if you can elicit good leadership examples from your background. Examples of projects that involved market research/pricing, but eventually contributed to successful business outcomes would help too. The international experience is good. Also, make sure that your future goals are linked to your current accomplishments/strengths.
Your extracurriculars from school and college may seem dated, and you might need to dig a few from recent work.

In terms of GMAT 670 is definitely on the lower side, for international B-schools you would need a 700+ and for ISB a 680+, and of course, the higher the better. Foreign B-schools often expect a higher GMAT from Indian Applicants.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.71
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Raunak_Bhatia wrote:
Hi, Thank you for your reply. I took my GMAT today, but my score was lower than in the mocks. I scored 630 only while in the mocks i was scoring 660-670. Given that the R1 deadlines are very close, can you please recommend what should i do? Do i stand any chance at ISB, Rotterdam, St. Gallen, Insead or NUS?

Is ISB out of picture with this score, despite having a NON IT profile with international experience?

Thanks,
Raunak

Apphelp wrote:
Raunak_Bhatia wrote:

Indian Male candidate (27 years old) with bachelors in commerce from Mumbai University. Decent Academics (X-80%, 12-85%, Bachelors-75%), 6 years of work experience (including 3 years of International experience) with a Market research company focusing on research projects on new product launches and Pricing and promotion strategies in the FMCG domain. Currently working as a Senior Consultant in Poland.

In terms of extra curricular, I was elected House Captain in my last year of schooling, captained school/club cricket teams for 3 years, Played district level cricket in the Under 15 levels, active member of Rotract club during my college days and Community service groups at work.

In terms of the GMAT, i am taking on 30th Sept, but i am stuck around the 670 levels. Would that be a okay score for my profile? Target Schools: ISB, IE, NUS, Nanyang, EDHEC.

Looking forward to your feedback!

Hi Raunak_Bhatia,

Your profile can come across as a strong one, if you can elicit good leadership examples from your background. Examples of projects that involved market research/pricing, but eventually contributed to successful business outcomes would help too. The international experience is good. Also, make sure that your future goals are linked to your current accomplishments/strengths.
Your extracurriculars from school and college may seem dated, and you might need to dig a few from recent work.

In terms of GMAT 670 is definitely on the lower side, for international B-schools you would need a 700+ and for ISB a 680+, and of course, the higher the better. Foreign B-schools often expect a higher GMAT from Indian Applicants.

Yes, 630 definitely takes out of competition for Insead, ISB, Rotterdam, NUS. Please re-take and target R-2. For ISB 680+(though 680 may still keep you at sword edge). I would recommend 700+ to give yourself a shot at all schools you mentioned.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Raunak_Bhatia wrote:

Thanks,
Raunak

Apphelp wrote:
Raunak_Bhatia wrote:

Hi Raunak_Bhatia,

630 will negatively impact your chances at the your target B-schools. We recommend that you identify your areas of weakness and try to push for a 680+ score. We have also seen that candidates who have hit the wall with GMAT are often able to crack GRE. Therefore, if you feel you're getting stuck with GMAT, you may try your hand at GRE instead. Almost all B-schools including ISB accept GRE scores.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 580 Q41 V30
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE:Real Estate (Real Estate)
Send PM
Hi Everyone,
I am a first time applicant o ISB so just wanted to get a sense of the quality of my profile.

Background: Indian Male Candidate. 10th:86%; 12th:69%; Engineering :65%; GMAT:720(Q:49,V:40)

Completed my B.E in Mech. Engineering. Worked for 2.5 years after that as a Design Engineer in Mumbai, designing and analysing connections for structural buildings in the US for a Medium sized MNC. Started off as a Junior Engineer but progressed very quickly to become a Project Leader in the 2.5 years. Got a chance to train new recruits, evaluate employees as well as estimate bids for projects which was valuable in my opinion.
Post that, I completed a Supply Chain Mgmt Certification as I wasted to change the direction of my career.
Also in the break I have worked for 6 months as a voluntarily unpaid intern at an NGO, leading one of the biggest projects they had at the time.
I also have a certification in Astronomy. I have also been a member of a Toastmasters Club for the last 6 months.

Looking forward to any kind of suggestions/inputs or an evaluation.

Thanks in advance for your time.
Shane de Souza
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
SMD0907 wrote:
Hi Everyone,
I am a first time applicant o ISB so just wanted to get a sense of the quality of my profile.

Background: Indian Male Candidate. 10th:86%; 12th:69%; Engineering :65%; GMAT:720(Q:49,V:40)

Completed my B.E in Mech. Engineering. Worked for 2.5 years after that as a Design Engineer in Mumbai, designing and analysing connections for structural buildings in the US for a Medium sized MNC. Started off as a Junior Engineer but progressed very quickly to become a Project Leader in the 2.5 years. Got a chance to train new recruits, evaluate employees as well as estimate bids for projects which was valuable in my opinion.
Post that, I completed a Supply Chain Mgmt Certification as I wasted to change the direction of my career.
Also in the break I have worked for 6 months as a voluntarily unpaid intern at an NGO, leading one of the biggest projects they had at the time.
I also have a certification in Astronomy. I have also been a member of a Toastmasters Club for the last 6 months.

Shane de Souza

It is not clear why you took the break. Also, it is unclear why did you do that certification and how did the certification help you to transform your career.
If certification has helped you, then why are you doing an MBA now?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 580 Q41 V30
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE:Real Estate (Real Estate)
Send PM
vivek6199 wrote:
SMD0907 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Shane de Souza

It is not clear why you took the break. Also, it is unclear why did you do that certification and how did the certification help you to transform your career.

I quit my previous job because firstly the job wasn't in the field I wanted to get into but since it was a college campus placement I took it at the time, second, It wasnt very challenging environment and without trying to sound too boastful, it was a bit too easy as you may have noticed in the progress from a trainee to a project leader in 2.5 years. I always wanted to get into the Supply Chain Management side after my Engineering in a Manufacturing company but the hiring companies always wanted some sort of Operations Experience or a Course. So the course I did was a basic one, just to get familiar with the terms of Supply Chain Management and build a foundation. The course is a beginning in redirecting my career to where I originally wanted to go. And the MBA will give it the required boost.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hi Experts ,

Please review my profile for ISB :
Class 10th : 85%

Class 12th : 67%

B-Tech : 76%

GMAT : 680(Q49,V34)
Work Ex: 5 years

Extra Curriculars: District Level Cricket, Represented my College University and now the company i am working for .
Representing my Company in Badminton.
Professional playback singer(Have sung one bollywood song)

Many awards in my current company to showcase my talents.

Best Regards,
Vaibhav
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
SMD0907 wrote:
vivek6199 wrote:
SMD0907 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Shane de Souza

I quit my previous job because firstly the job wasn't in the field I wanted to get into but since it was a college campus placement I took it at the time, second, It wasnt very challenging environment and without trying to sound too boastful, it was a bit too easy as you may have noticed in the progress from a trainee to a project leader in 2.5 years. I always wanted to get into the Supply Chain Management side after my Engineering in a Manufacturing company but the hiring companies always wanted some sort of Operations Experience or a Course. So the course I did was a basic one, just to get familiar with the terms of Supply Chain Management and build a foundation. The course is a beginning in redirecting my career to where I originally wanted to go. And the MBA will give it the required boost.

You need to demonstrate that you have utilized your time effectively after the break. An online certification and toastmasters cannot be counted as a full time engagement. By the time you enter a school, your gap in employment would be significant.
While preparing for MBA, people are either running towards something or running away something. You might say that your learning curve has flattened but never portray yourself as a candidate who is running away from something or someone who wants to use MBA to get a job.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 510 [1]
Send PM