Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 07:26 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 07:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Operations, Statistics
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
shibin wrote:
Target 730... You got a good score in verbal. focus on quant and you can easily cross the 730 mark. All the best. We are in same boat. :)

Hi Shibin

You got admits from Bocconi and AGSM. Are you planning to join any one of them?
I have some time before second round of ISB. Will try to increase my score if I can. I have been scoring around 720 in my GMAT prep mock tests. So my score on actual test may be around 710(-10/+10 points for actual exam).
But I don't know if 710 would be good enough to get an admit to ISB with the kind of profile I have. Or should i apply to other schools such as Smith(Maryland), AGSM, Melbourne business school, Ivey(Canada), XLRI(India)- Executive MBA, UC irvine or HKUST.
Any suggestions?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Operations, Statistics
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
No, I am not joining AGSM or Bocconi.
Be positive and work for ISB. There are people with similar profile who made it to ISB.
Meanwhile, you can try other schools to be on a safer side. It depends on where you want to do your mba and pursue your career.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
shibin wrote:
No, I am not joining AGSM or Bocconi.
Be positive and work for ISB. There are people with similar profile who made it to ISB.
Meanwhile, you can try other schools to be on a safer side. It depends on where you want to do your mba and pursue your career.

Thanks a lot Shibin.
I am aiming to join b-school in Canada, USA, Asia or India. Any suggestions as to which schools would be the best for me(on the safer side) if I go with my current score?
Some of the names i am thinking of are : Rotman(Canada), Ivey(Canada), Smith(USA), UC Irvine(USA), any other suggestions in USA would be welcome, HKUST(Hong Kong), NTU(Singapore), XLRI(India), IIM-L(India). Any other suggestions?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 337 [0]
Given Kudos: 144
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
ag111 wrote:
Can anyone who has submitted his/her application please confirm if they received any confirmation email from ISB post submitting their application? My application portal says application submitted but haven’t received any email. Please advice.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Hello ag111,

I don't think they are sending an email confirmation. If the status on the portal is 'Submitted', then I believe you are good to roll.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.71
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Yup. Confirmed it. Thanks btw.

It is bit confusing though. We are so used to getting confirmatory email that not having it raises suspicion. :)

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

I know. I freaked out too :)
Send PM
Expert Reply
pramraika wrote:
vivek6199 wrote:
pramraika wrote:
Hi All

I am a B.Tech graduate from a Tier 2 college in India. I have 2 years experience in UCO Bank as Assistant Manager and along with that I have passed Level 2 exam of CFA Program and I do independent Equity Research. I am targeting for the batch of 2019.
SSS- 87.5%
+2- 75.00%
Btech- 68.50%

Need evaluation on my profile.

Many parameters are missing. Please mention your age, GMAT details of work exp ( promotion, leadership evidence), community involvement and most importantly your post MBA goals.

Thanks for your reply

I am 23 years old and planning to give GMAT in December'17.
Right now I am leading a team of 5-6 members involved in performing all operations of the bank, right from handling customers to back office work.

I am a national level badminton player and was the captain of my college badminton team. I was involved in organizing various cultural events in my college and being a member of the placement team, I have organized various placement camps in the college.

I want to move to Equity Research and Portfolio Management post my MBA and for that I am managing a small portfolio as an evaluation of my work.

I want to know my chances and approximate score that I should target.

Hi pramraika,

We are a bit late in replying to you but we do hope this reaches you in time.

You have a fairly good profile for ISB, complete with leadership experience and strong extra-curricular engagement. While targetting a score of 720+ will give you a very good chance at ISB, a lot will also depend on how well you create your application. Do remember to play on your strengths and achievements, as well as show a logical sync between your existing experience and future goals and how the MBA will help bridge the gap :)

Should you feel the need for a detailed profile evaluation, feel free to reach out to us :)

All the best!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.1
WE:General Management (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Anyone else ABatExpertsGlobal, vivek6199?

Your evaluations would be great :)

You've given your opinion already sir EduSimplified Thanks much!!

Sirakri wrote:
Hello, experts and fellow ISB aspirants!

I hope you all had a great weekend. Can you take a minute to review my profile and chances?

Indian, Male, 24 years.

Class X - 89% (Andhra Pradesh State Board)
Class XII/Intermediate - 87% (AP State Board)
BBA - 6.9/10 - First Class (KL University, Vijayawada - NAAC A)
(Dropped out of BTech - in 6 months - to pursue my dream career.

GMAT 1 - 660 47Q, 34V, 3IR, May 25th
GMAT 2 - 700 48Q, 38V, 5IR, Oct 5th

Work Experience - 30 months post-graduation work experience (by the time the class commences.) But 5+ years of overall work experience.

Entrepreneur focusing on Entertainment Industry with expertise in e-commerce. Started up at the age of 18 generating a turnover of around 1 crore in the first fiscal year whilst pursuing BBA. Have incorporated a company, with 5 years of good standing as of today, abroad in the same year to meet international business needs.

A crucial part of a shortlived event management startup. Presided over 10s of entrepreneurship meets in UG university. Part of core marketing team of UG university's marketing team for its national level Science andTechnology fest. Have not participated in a lot of social welfare programs apart from those conducted by the college.

Post-MBA goal: To continue as an entrepreneur scaling my business, entering new and superlative layers of the industry with the learnt skill from B School.

Please review the above profile and help me in choosing alternative schools too.

Regards,
Siva.
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Sirakri wrote:

I hope you all had a great weekend. Can you take a minute to review my profile and chances?

Indian, Male, 24 years.

Work Experience - 30 months post-graduation work experience (by the time the class commences.) But 5+ years of overall work experience.

Entrepreneur focusing on Entertainment Industry with expertise in e-commerce. Started up at the age of 18 generating a turnover of around 1 crore in the first fiscal year whilst pursuing BBA. Have incorporated a company, with 5 years of good standing as of today, abroad in the same year to meet international business needs.

A crucial part of a shortlived event management startup. Presided over 10s of entrepreneurship meets in UG university. Part of core marketing team of UG university's marketing team for its national level Science andTechnology fest. Have not participated in a lot of social welfare programs apart from those conducted by the college.

Post-MBA goal: To continue as an entrepreneur scaling my business, entering new and superlative layers of the industry with the learnt skill from B School.

Please review the above profile and help me in choosing alternative schools too.

Regards,
Siva.

Hi Siva,

Thanks for posting your details. From the limited info here, I would say your diversified entrepreneurial experience will be valuable and memorable in the application process. However I would still anticipate it may be an uphill battle for you, given where your GMAT is at, and the shorter length of your full-time post-undergrad work experience, given that the average incoming student at INSEAD has close to 6 years. Yes the startup experience earlier will count for something, but they do still look at that post-undergrad years #. I'm also gathering that you don't have much in terms of community or international experience. Certainly you can always give it a shot with the hopes that your experience will garner enough interest, and try again in another year if needed, and perhaps a more thorough resume review would allow us to better assess that experience (www.mbamission.com/consult if interested). (Side not also curious about your note about 'dropped out of Btech). But for INSEAD for this year/point in your career in my view, I'd say next year may be more ideal if possible... stronger GMAT could help if it was an option, and in terms of other schools to look at, there are options such as HEC, IE, ESADE, IESE, Bocconi, Imperial, CASS for example...... you'd still be competing against applicants with higher GMAT and more experience and community/international experiences, but chances are slightly higher than INSEAD. Hope that helps, good luck!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Send PM
Hi Guys!

Almost all ISB (PGP) admissions interviews are taken by ISB Alums. That’s why I have planned mock interviews with ISB Alums who have experience of taking over 100 interviews. There will be 2 interviews conducted, each with a different ISB Alum and of course, feedback provided later. But there are limited slots available for select few (10 to be precise). Please PM me if you guys are interested.

Best,
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GRE 1: Q170 V155
GPA: 4
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
EduSimplified wrote:
Hi Guys!

Almost all ISB (PGP) admissions interviews are taken by ISB Alums. That’s why I have planned mock interviews with ISB Alums who have experience of taking over 100 interviews. There will be 2 interviews conducted, each with a different ISB Alum and of course, feedback provided later. But there are limited slots available for select few (10 to be precise). Please PM me if you guys are interested.

Best,

This is amazing, thanks :) PM'ed you
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: PMI
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 103
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GPA: 3.9
WE:Operations (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
You have pretty decent grades in 10th and 12th but not for graduation. Also, compared to those in this work experience range, you would be better off with a GMAt score 20-30 points higher, which would serve to in part offset the graduation scores being low. That said, more than how many start ups you have been part of, failed/ succeeded or mentored, what is important is what value did you add/ take away and how the MBA is important to you in your short and long term goals. Hope that helps. In case you need further customised help, please feel free to PM. Good luck!

Sirakri wrote:
Anyone else ABatExpertsGlobal, vivek6199?

Your evaluations would be great :)

You've given your opinion already sir EduSimplified Thanks much!!

Sirakri wrote:

Indian, Male, 24 years.

Regards,
Siva.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sirakri wrote:

Indian, Male, 24 years.

Regards,
Siva.

Hi Sirakri,

Apologies for the delayed response but we hope this reaches you in time.

The good part about your profile is that you have a differentiated profile, complete with start-up (entrepreneurial) experience that is sought after by ISB.

Having said the above, you BBA scores are a bit of a concern. Further, while 700 on GMAT is alright, we would recommend that your push for a slightly higher score to help minimize the impact of your GPA. However, what is most important at this point is how well you project your future goals, detail out the plain for scaling your business, and portray how the MBA will support you in the same :) An application that clearly explains the relevance of the MBA in your journey coupled with a slightly boosted GMAT score will make you a strong fit for the ISB program.

We would like to take this opportunity to offer you a free profile evaluation and should you feel the need for a detailed discussion around the same, do reach out to us :)

All the best! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 515
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V37
Send PM
Hi all..

My profile is as below:

Btech (2008): 75% ---- Kurukshetra University
12th (2004): 85% ----CBSE
10th (2002): 88% ----CBSE

Working in Aviation PSU (Airports Authority of India) since 2011.
7 years work experience. Designation: Manager

Need evaluation of my profile
Send PM
Expert Reply
whistler1986 wrote:
Hi all..

My profile is as below:

Btech (2008): 75% ---- Kurukshetra University
12th (2004): 85% ----CBSE
10th (2002): 88% ----CBSE

Working in Aviation PSU (Airports Authority of India) since 2011.
7 years work experience. Designation: Manager

Need evaluation of my profile

Hi whistler1986

Thanks for your query.

While you have a considerable amount of work experience, we will need much more information on your role, achievements, leadership experiences, GMAT score etc. in order to evaluate your profile.

Thanks.

All the best!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Hi Whistler,

Aviation as an industry is something that will definitely raise the interest levels of the ad com. However, you will need to add more details about your profile - GMAT score, Roles and Responsibilities, Extra curricular and most importantly your post MBA goals.

Please feel free to reach out to me at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com/+919701215544 in case you want to discuss further and get an evaluation from an ISB alumni.

Cheers
Arijit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Hi. Would appreciate it if the experts could shed some light on my chances and evaluate my profile.
Male - 28

10th - 96% ( Karnataka state board, one of the highest in the state)
12th - 78.66% (Karnataka state board)
Engineering - 66.77% First Class (Instrumentation Engineering)

GMAT - 710 Q-47 V-40 AWA-5 IR-8

Work exp - total 69 months by Mar'18, out of which 45 months have been abroad at South Korea, Iran (1+ year), UAE and Saudi Arabia(1+year). Work has been mostly in offshore drilling rigs and petro-chemical and power plants. I work in the field of industrial plant automation and work for a Japanese MNC. Worked on the world's largest operational gas field.
Post-MBA: I want to move to a EPC company in either the petrochem or power industries and work in operations/strategy. I have experienced the basics of constructing and running a plant(as a vendor), now want to get more hands on and go into a firm that does the actual planning and design.
Extra curricular - brown belt in karate, practice mixed martial arts. Volunteer at a NGO working to improve green cover in cities over the weekend.
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
shreyascashyap wrote:
Hi. Would appreciate it if the experts could shed some light on my chances and evaluate my profile.
Male - 28

10th - 96% ( Karnataka state board, one of the highest in the state)
12th - 78.66% (Karnataka state board)
Engineering - 66.77% First Class (Instrumentation Engineering)

GMAT - 710 Q-47 V-40 AWA-5 IR-8

Work exp - total 69 months by Mar'18, out of which 45 months have been abroad at South Korea, Iran (1+ year), UAE and Saudi Arabia(1+year). Work has been mostly in offshore drilling rigs and petro-chemical and power plants. I work in the field of industrial plant automation and work for a Japanese MNC. Worked on the world's largest operational gas field.
Post-MBA: I want to move to a EPC company in either the petrochem or power industries and work in operations/strategy. I have experienced the basics of constructing and running a plant(as a vendor), now want to get more hands on and go into a firm that does the actual planning and design.
Extra curricular - brown belt in karate, practice mixed martial arts. Volunteer at a NGO working to improve green cover in cities over the weekend.

Hello, shreyascashyap,

You definitely have a strong profile, complete with international exposure, decent extra-curriculars, and strong academic scores (at least at the school level). Your GMAT score is also around the median score at ISB. Both of these factors make you a strong candidate.

Having said the above, a lot will depend on how well you present your strengths and achievements, as well as the how strongly your portray the sync among your existing experience, short-term goals, and long-term vision. There are a good two months before you submit your application and we strongly recommend that you put in a good amount of time in drafting a set of quality essays :)

Should you feel the need for a detailed discussion, please feel free to reach out :) We will be happy to help!

All the best!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  63   64   65   66   67  ...  307