Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 20:37 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 20:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
MBADecoder wrote:
adityan92 wrote:
Hi, please evaluate my profile.
Male - 25 years old
Work experience : 4 years in one of the top investment banks, 3 years as operations analyst and 1 year as business intelligence spealicist. My role involved automation of processes and data analytics. Received outstanding reviews consecutively throughout my career till date. Learned VBA coding and understood codes for java and python. (Can expand more on this)
Leadership roles : 1.vice president education of my corporate toastmasters club.
2. Backstage manager for my college theatre production house.
Professional certifications : cleared CFA level 2 exam
Education : bachelors in business management CGPA 3.0 out of 4.0.
Class 12th (best of 4) : 75%
Class 10th : 81.8%
Extra curricular : 1.toastmasters club
2. Automation enthusiast.
3. Theatre in college.
4. Mun in college.

I have more accomplishments in my work space than colle

Sent from my Moto G (4) using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

A lot will depend upon your GMAT score- that's an important element in the admissions process.
What you have mentioned here seems good, but I am missing some more information - what are your achievements at work, how has your career progressed? why do you want an MBA and what will you do after the MBA?

Having more accomplishments at work as compared to college is a good thing- college was in the past, whereas professional achievements are current. Don't be guilty about it :)

I am so sorry, forgot to add that. I have a keen interest in finance, I realized that I want to be in equity research, hence I started working towards CFA. Preparing for CFA has helped me a lot in all spheres of life. I work in an excellent IB, However a role change requires a good base. ISB will give me that base and I want to re-brand myself as an equity research analyst. Post my MBA intend to give my CFA level 3 exam.

Few of my achievements at work : I have saved over 150 hours worth of work with my VBA based applications.
2. Managing my day to day work + my toastmasters club has taught me some great skills.
3. Consistent performance throughout my tenure.

Additionally, I have gained a very keen interest towards home automation. I am a raspberry pi enthusiast too, and I intend to build my own devices. This is a side hobby I have.

I am focused on getting a decent GMAT score. My recent mgmat mock 1 score was 540. I have good amount of mocks lined up, spending time equally on verbal and quant. Hopefully I will be able to get a good score here.

Thanks for your reply. I look forward to hear more.

CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [1]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
shreyascashyap wrote:
Hi. Would appreciate it if the experts could shed some light on my chances and evaluate my profile.
Male - 28

10th - 96% ( Karnataka state board, one of the highest in the state)
12th - 78.66% (Karnataka state board)
Engineering - 66.77% First Class (Instrumentation Engineering)

GMAT - 710 Q-47 V-40 AWA-5 IR-8

Work exp - total 69 months by Mar'18, out of which 45 months have been abroad at South Korea, Iran (1+ year), UAE and Saudi Arabia(1+year). Work has been mostly in offshore drilling rigs and petro-chemical and power plants. I work in the field of industrial plant automation and work for a Japanese MNC. Worked on the world's largest operational gas field.
Post-MBA: I want to move to a EPC company in either the petrochem or power industries and work in operations/strategy. I have experienced the basics of constructing and running a plant(as a vendor), now want to get more hands on and go into a firm that does the actual planning and design.
Extra curricular - brown belt in karate, practice mixed martial arts. Volunteer at a NGO working to improve green cover in cities over the weekend.

Hi Shreyas,
Things look good at your end- the international experience sounds solid. Given your operations role on the rig, I am assuming you have good leadership stories to tell, which will help to differentiate you. I think your career goals need more thinking in terms of how aspirational they are and whether they need an MBA at all- an MBA is not the norm in EPC companies, so the post MBA position and the longer term goals should help you achieve a position that another two-three years of work experience will not open up to you.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 507 [1]
Given Kudos: 68
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
adityan92 wrote:
Male - 25 years old
Work experience : 4 years in one of the top investment banks, 3 years as operations analyst and 1 year as business intelligence spealicist. My role involved automation of processes and data analytics. Received outstanding reviews consecutively throughout my career till date. Learned VBA coding and understood codes for java and python. (Can expand more on this)
Leadership roles : 1.vice president education of my corporate toastmasters club.
3. Theatre in college.
4. Mun in college.

I have more accomplishments in my work space than college.

Here is my 2 cents:

• Please remember that you need to show your contribution and impact in any activity rather than mere participation or impressive designations. Do not forget to talk about the impact you had on others as a toastmaster.
  • Do not focus on multiple extra curricular activities ( especially those that are more than years old). Instead, highlight your impact and passion in only one or two of them.
  • Do not focus on highlighting Java or python skills. These skills are important to an MS program , not an MBA. Morever, these skills will not differentiate you from the pool.
  • If possible, you should consider explaining the low GPA in an optional essay.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi Vivek, thanks for your reply.

I would definitely incorporate these for my low GPA. My aim is to show my CFA as a compensation against my low score. My low score was primarily due to my involvement in other activities, as I grew older I was able to manage my time better and hence was able to take on more activities.

mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Expert Reply
adityan92 wrote:
adityan92 wrote:
Male - 25 years old
3. Theatre in college.
4. Mun in college.

I have more accomplishments in my work space than college.

Sorry, forgot to add this.Currently preparing for my GMAT, exam is on Jan 2. Aiming 700+, but let's see! I will be applying for class of 2019.

Hello,
In my view based upon the short info here, I would say you have the following strengths:
-variety of extracurricular activities, looks like both past & present (note that this can make more impact if you have some strong stories of leadership and commitment and impact within any of them)
-respectable work experience
-analytical/quant skills
-CFA

Then the following weaknesses:
-undergrad grades

And the following unknowns:
-GMAT!!!
-specific work related achievements
-any other life stories that could be relevant
-any international exposure
-career goals
-recommendations, essays, interview which all make an impact

While the GMAT won't likely 'get you in', it could easily hold you back based upon how competitive the applicant pool is so don't underestimate its importance and the value of thorough preparation. Overall your decision at ISB will likely come down to the 'unknown' list above, many of which are still within your control in terms of how you present yourself and your profile. Feel free to check in with us for a more in-depth resume review and consultation if desired either now or after GMAT, at www.mbamission.com/consult. Good luck in the process!
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Expert Reply
adityan92 wrote:
Male - 25 years old
3. Theatre in college.
4. Mun in college.

I have more accomplishments in my workspace than college.

Hi adityan92,

Thanks for writing in :)

First things first, you need to work towards a GMAT score upwards of 700. We strongly recommend that you focus on getting a good score in the attempt that you have planned. Once this is done, you need to focus on creating an application, comprising essays that are strongly representative of your achievements at work, the skills you have garnered, and how you will use your expertise to contribute to the ISB class :)

Should you need to discuss this in detail, please do reach out to us :)

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Hello...It will be really helpful if you can assess my profile for an MBA programme. I don't belong to engineering field.

I have completed my BDS(BACHELOR OF DENTAL SURGERY). in year 2010.I followed it up with a post graduation MDS(MASTERS OF DENTAL SURGERY).My under graduation is from manipal university and I had a total of 64 percent marks.My post grad is from RAJIV GANDHI UNIVERSITY.

I Have been working as a faculty in govt college for 18 months.I have a non profit venture ngo which works in breast cancer awareness.I have also had a work experience of 6 months in a charitable clinic.i was also working as a senior resident in a private medical college.
It would really helpful if you can give me an insight on my profile
Thank you

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [0]
Given Kudos: 154
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 2.8
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
dhruv kacker wrote:
Hello...It will be really helpful if you can assess my profile for an MBA programme. I don't belong to engineering field.

I have completed my BDS(BACHELOR OF DENTAL SURGERY). in year 2010.I followed it up with a post graduation MDS(MASTERS OF DENTAL SURGERY).My under graduation is from manipal university and I had a total of 64 percent marks.My post grad is from RAJIV GANDHI UNIVERSITY.

I Have been working as a faculty in govt college for 18 months.I have a non profit venture ngo which works in breast cancer awareness.I have also had a work experience of 6 months in a charitable clinic.i was also working as a senior resident in a private medical college.
Thank you

Hi Dhruv, your profile looks quite strong. All MBA programs prefer diversity in the students enrolled. So the fact that you do not belong to engineering background will work in your favor.
ISB requires a minimum of 2 years work experience, so that should be fine in your case. As your acad scores are not quite strong, so you need to have a good GMAT score.
I hope a score of 680 for your profile will be good enough to get interview call.

All the best.

Regards,
Ankit Kaushik
Send PM
Expert Reply
dhruv kacker wrote:

Thank you

Hi dhruv kacker,

The good part is that you have a very differentiated work experience and business schools love that :) Having said this, a lot will depend on your GMAT score (particularly to compensate for your grades during BDS) and you must aim upwards of 700. Further, very crucial, of course, will be the projection of your career goals. Not only will you need to show a seamless sync among your existing experience, short-term aspirations, and long-term goals but also appropriately bring out the need for an MBA.

If you are able to take care of the above-mentioned points, you will have a strong chance at ISB! :)

Hope this helps. All the best! :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
WE:Project Management (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
I intend to apply in R2 for the MBA class of 2019 (2018 intake). Would appreciate an evaluation of my profile.

WE : Will complete 5 years 8 months by the time I start school (April 2018)

Nationality: Indian
GMAT: 730 (Q50, V39, IR 6)

International exposure: Have never had the opportunity to work abroad, but have worked in cross functional teams throughout.

Education: Post Graduate Diplioma in Banking (CGPA 8/10)
Bachelor of Technology: (CGPA 6.1/10)

Professional Experience:
> 3 years at ICICI Bank (India's leading Private sector bank) as a Corporate Credit Risk Analyst. Here I was involved in various processes over the 3 years. (Risk monitoring, Governance, QA, Regulatory, Reporting to Senior Management etc)
> 2 years at Barclays India. Areas of work include Compliance, Risk Assessment, and Project Management

Both the roles above involved liaising with cross functional teams in London, Singapore, Canada, U.S., Bahrain etc.

Extra- Curricular:
Have been involved in CSR(Corporate social responsibility) activities. Active participant in educating underpriviliged kids (among other activities) at various company-empanelled NGOs. Have also been involved in local social work organised within the residential community.

Active participant in sports throughout my school years. University captain of the football team along with being chief sports coordinator.

My biggest fear is that my overall academic record is rather weak and I would like to know what I could do to overshadow this. Is the steady improvement after graduation enough? Does the 730 in GMAT help? I have also recently completed an Executive Education course from Judge Business School, Cambridge - sponsored by my company.

Would love to hear some views. Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 12
Schools: ESADE '22 (A)
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V35
Send PM
Hello everyone ..
Greetings for the day!!

It would be really helpful if someone can evaluate my profile !

24 Male, Indian
10th - 87%
12th - 93%
BTech- 9.3 CGPA (Automobile Engineering, SRM University)
Work Experience - 26months & continuing
Working in Hyundai Motor’s R&D

Achievements in Hyundai :
3 Patents (1 international)
Best innovation award

Achievements in College :
Best Paper presentation award
Received merit based scholarship
Was part of national champion formula student team (also participated in Formula student Germany)
3 months internship on Total productive maintenance..

I have one more year to prepare my self for ISB.(2019 intake)
Looking forward for suggestions to enhance my profile...
Also, I have just started my preparation for Gmat and I am aiming for 730+

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Send PM
Expert Reply
Harshet wrote:
I intend to apply in R2 for the MBA class of 2019 (2018 intake). Would appreciate an evaluation of my profile.

WE : Will complete 5 years 8 months by the time I start school (April 2018)

Nationality: Indian
GMAT: 730 (Q50, V39, IR 6)

International exposure: Have never had the opportunity to work abroad, but have worked in cross functional teams throughout.

Education: Post Graduate Diplioma in Banking (CGPA 8/10)
Bachelor of Technology: (CGPA 6.1/10)

Professional Experience:
> 3 years at ICICI Bank (India's leading Private sector bank) as a Corporate Credit Risk Analyst. Here I was involved in various processes over the 3 years. (Risk monitoring, Governance, QA, Regulatory, Reporting to Senior Management etc)
> 2 years at Barclays India. Areas of work include Compliance, Risk Assessment, and Project Management

Both the roles above involved liaising with cross functional teams in London, Singapore, Canada, U.S., Bahrain etc.

Extra- Curricular:
Have been involved in CSR(Corporate social responsibility) activities. Active participant in educating underpriviliged kids (among other activities) at various company-empanelled NGOs. Have also been involved in local social work organised within the residential community.

Active participant in sports throughout my school years. University captain of the football team along with being chief sports coordinator.

My biggest fear is that my overall academic record is rather weak and I would like to know what I could do to overshadow this. Is the steady improvement after graduation enough? Does the 730 in GMAT help? I have also recently completed an Executive Education course from Judge Business School, Cambridge - sponsored by my company.

Would love to hear some views. Thanks in advance.

Hi Harshet,

Thanks for your query.

First things first - you definitely have a strong GMAT score, substantial work experience (with reputed companies), and decent if not exceptional extra-curricular engagement(all very important elements). Of course, it would have been nice to know what all you have achieved throughout your professional career (in terms of awards, as well as leadership/managerial experience). Furthermore, yes, your GPA is on the lower side. However, your GMAT should be able to cover up on the same.

Having said the above, it is important that you now give it your everything in preparing a stellar application that focuses on your achievements, on the elements that make you an ideal fit for ISB, and, most importantly, focus on showcasing a very logical correlation between your existing professional experience and your future goals. If you are able to take care of this, you will have a very strong chance at ISB.

Should you need to discuss your case in greater detail, do get in touch with us.

Hope this helps.

All the best! :)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Eeshangeel wrote:
Hello everyone ..
Greetings for the day!!

It would be really helpful if someone can evaluate my profile !

24 Male, Indian
10th - 87%
12th - 93%
BTech- 9.3 CGPA (Automobile Engineering, SRM University)
Work Experience - 26months & continuing
Working in Hyundai Motor’s R&D

Achievements in Hyundai :
3 Patents (1 international)
Best innovation award

Achievements in College :
Best Paper presentation award
Received merit based scholarship
Was part of national champion formula student team (also participated in Formula student Germany)
3 months internship on Total productive maintenance..

I have one more year to prepare my self for ISB.(2019 intake)
Looking forward for suggestions to enhance my profile...
Also, I have just started my preparation for Gmat and I am aiming for 730+

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Hello Eeshangeel,

You indeed have a very strong academic background and significant achievements to showcase during your time at Hyundai.

It is great that you are aiming for 730+ as a score around this mark will immensely strengthen your case. Hence, while your GMAT prep should be the top priority you could also look at involving yourself in certain CSR/social-sector activities or simply search the vicinity for social clubs (such as Toastmasters) and align with the same. On the professional front, try taking up leadership roles at work so as to have enough talking points in terms of achievements, people-oriented roles, and cross-cultural exposure :)

With the above taken care of, focus on creating an application that amply reflects your potential for ISB and projects a logical sync among your existing experience, short-term goals, and long-term aspirations.

Hope this helps.

All the best! :)
Intern
Intern
Schools: ISB '16 (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
Send PM
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile for the Early Entry Option.

GMAT- 740 (V39, Q50, IR 6) - 14th Nov,2017
10th- 86.6%
12th- 89.6%
Integrated Master of Science - Chemistry (5YR), IIT Kharagpur - 7.41/10

Work experience- 1 year 5 months

EXL Service (1 years 5 months)
Working as a Consultant in Retail & Media vertical of EXL.

Work place achievements:
1.Only fresh recruit out of a batch of 300 to be awarded “Rising Star – Q3 2016” for exceeding management expectations.
2.Received accelerated promotion within 1 year.

NGO experience:
1. Mentored 20 socially challenged children (age group 12-14) for their upliftment in Izhevsk, Russia in a volunteering project.

International Experience:
1. One of the two students all over the world to be selected for summer research position at CNRS, Castres (France)

Awards & Achievements:

1. Institute Blue - Conferred by the Director for contribution to the Sports & Games at IIT Kharagpur and for bringing laurels to the institute in different competitions including Inter-IIT Sports Meet
2. Gold medalist, Cricket, 50th Inter-IIT Sports Meet (IIT-Bombay) - Inter IIT Sports meet is the annual sports meet of Indian Institutes of Technology. The meet is a General Championship consisting of 15 different Sports and Games for both boys and girls.
3. Silver Medalist, Cricket, 49th Inter-IIT Sports Meet (IIT Guwahati)
4. Bronze medalist - Inter-Hall Choreography, Football & Hindi Dramatics
5. Hall Blue : for contribution in cricket
6. Special Mention : for hostel related activities
7. Medals in Inter-university sports tournaments

Positions of Responsibility:
*Contested for the post of Vice-President, Gymkhana (highest student position of IIT KGP); soapbox attended by 2000 students
1. Vice Captain, Inter-IIT Contingent, IIT Kharagpur- 51st Inter-IIT Sports Meet (IIT Madras)
2. Cricket Captain - Hostel
3. General Secretary, Sports - Hostel
4. Core Organising Team Member of Shaurya (Inter-collegiate sports meet of IIT KGP)
5. Cricket Secretary, Gymkhana

Internships:
1. Housing(dot)com
2. Laboratoire de chimie de coordination, Toulouse (France)
3. Dr.Reddy’s Laboratories
4. Hetero Drugs

Scholarship:
Recipient of INSPIRE scholarship for 5 years.

Thank you very much for the consideration.
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
pm12345 wrote:
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile for the Early Entry Option.

GMAT- 740 (V39, Q50, IR 6) - 14th Nov,2017
10th- 86.6%
12th- 89.6%
Integrated Master of Science - Chemistry (5YR), IIT Kharagpur - 7.41/10

Work experience- 1 year 5 months

EXL Service (1 years 5 months)
Working as a Consultant in Retail & Media vertical of EXL.

Work place achievements:
1.Only fresh recruit out of a batch of 300 to be awarded “Rising Star – Q3 2016” for exceeding management expectations.
2.Received accelerated promotion within 1 year.

NGO experience:
1. Mentored 20 socially challenged children (age group 12-14) for their upliftment in Izhevsk, Russia in a volunteering project.

International Experience:
1. One of the two students all over the world to be selected for summer research position at CNRS, Castres (France)

Awards & Achievements:

1. Institute Blue - Conferred by the Director for contribution to the Sports & Games at IIT Kharagpur and for bringing laurels to the institute in different competitions including Inter-IIT Sports Meet
2. Gold medalist, Cricket, 50th Inter-IIT Sports Meet (IIT-Bombay) - Inter IIT Sports meet is the annual sports meet of Indian Institutes of Technology. The meet is a General Championship consisting of 15 different Sports and Games for both boys and girls.
3. Silver Medalist, Cricket, 49th Inter-IIT Sports Meet (IIT Guwahati)
4. Bronze medalist - Inter-Hall Choreography, Football & Hindi Dramatics
5. Hall Blue : for contribution in cricket
6. Special Mention : for hostel related activities
7. Medals in Inter-university sports tournaments

Positions of Responsibility:
*Contested for the post of Vice-President, Gymkhana (highest student position of IIT KGP); soapbox attended by 2000 students
1. Vice Captain, Inter-IIT Contingent, IIT Kharagpur- 51st Inter-IIT Sports Meet (IIT Madras)
2. Cricket Captain - Hostel
3. General Secretary, Sports - Hostel
4. Core Organising Team Member of Shaurya (Inter-collegiate sports meet of IIT KGP)
5. Cricket Secretary, Gymkhana

Internships:
1. Housing(dot)com
2. Laboratoire de chimie de coordination, Toulouse (France)
3. Dr.Reddy’s Laboratories
4. Hetero Drugs

Scholarship:
Recipient of INSPIRE scholarship for 5 years.

Thank you very much for the consideration.

Hi there,
Is this for the PGP early entry? Impact is quite important in terms of admissions to that program, and your involvement in activities, leadership, and impact demonstrated sounds like it would suit the program, and your GMAT looks solid as well. It will be important to execute your application well and make a good case for the fact that you know why and how the program will help you in your next career steps, and what you'll contribute to the program as well, but looks like you have a good start... may just need to prioritize what elements of your life and involvement thus far to focus on in your apps, as quality is more important than quantity.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi guys!!
Need some feedback on my profile and steps ahead as I plan on applying in fall 2018! It would be great if I get some solid guidance amongst alumni with prior application experience :)
So, basics:

GMAT score: 710
Degrees:
B.Sc. (Statistics) with Economics honours certification, GPA: 3.85/4
M.Sc. ( Economics) with GPA: 2.92/4
Work experience:
2 years of analytical consulting experience within the retail domain with a recent promotion and several on-shore assignments.
Lookout for a job currently in the social consulting space/ holding offer with a consumer products company.

Several internship experiences ( National Stock Exchange, wealth management firm)

Extra-curricular:
Mentor at an educational NGO that aims at ensuring sustainable outcomes for students of shelter homes where I lead a group of 40+ volunteer workforce that looks after teaching students in the subjects of English and math, raised around 1 lakh funds for the same in the course of a year, organized several city wide events and awareness campaigns for the same.

Trained classical dancer and singer with certification of 3 and 5 years respectively.

Learning French on a professional level.

Participated and won in regular elocution, debate, seminars, festivals in school and college in capacity of an organizer and a delegate.

Selected for a 3 week Indian leadership exchange program by NYU Stern School of business in New York while pursuing undergraduation

The above captures briefly about my accomplishments so far. Please advise on the kind of colleges I should reach out for and the value additions that would help me in the next year before applying. Thanks in advance :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Please provide Profile Evaluation - ISB (for 2019-2020 Batch) - I know its early, but have to plan

I presently work in a Public Sector Bank as Senior Manager
Total Work Experience - 08 years (in Bank) and 04 Months (in IT - Cognizant as Programmer Analyst Trainee)

In Bank, Joined in December 2009 as Assistant Manager and then got first Promotion to Manager in September 2013, second promotion to Senior Manager in July 2017.

As Assistant Manager I have worked in Credit Dept. handled loans of all kinds Retail, MSME etc.
As Manager, I headed 03 Branches - 01 Urban,01 Rural and one Metro Branch as Branch Manager.
Presently, as Senior Manager I am now posted in a Metro Branch as Second Line Manager presently assisting Assistant General Manager in all the dept (operations, advances, deposits).

I have worked in 07 different cities and four different states in almost all parts of country during this tenure.

I also completed Distance learning PGDM from IMT,Ghaziabad - CDL (as we get extra marks for completing PGDM during promotion in Bank)-- Should I mention it in my application?

Present Certifications (External - awarded by Indian Institute of Banking and Finance)-
Certified Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers (CAIIB)
Diploma in Treasury, Investment and Risk management in Banks
Certificate in Digital Banking
Certificate in International Banking
Certificate in Trade Finance

Qualifications -
PGDM (Distance Learning)- 2012 to 2014
BE (Electronics and Telecom Eng) - 2004 to 2008 - 81.80% (Excluding 1st year marks) ; 84.10% (including 1st year marks)
12th - CBSE - 72%
10th - ICSE - 78.33%

Extra Curricular - School Quiz Winner (GK, Memory test), Head Boy of House (Blue)..."dont know if its relevant"
College - Co-editor in Department magazine.

Hobby - Cooking (I love it!!! Stress Buster for me)

What should be a good score in GMAT and whether Public Sector Banks profile stand chance as I do not have corporate background...

Why MBA? - I have been working in credit department for a long time and have processed many kinds of loans - In public sector, we are more like generalists...and not particularly specialist in a single type of work and though I worked in credit department but we can easily handle day to day branch operations/deposits/locker/clearing/customer complaints/NPA recovery/Suit Filing at DRT/Civil Suits and any other miscellaneous dept. as and when need arise. MBA will help me to make a career shift and I can use this immense work experience to add to my knowledge.

Awards -
Received Appreciation Letter as Branch Head for performing Best in Retail loans in State - 02 times
Received Appreciation Certificate - Black Belt - Overall Performer
Received Internal "Hindi" Implementation Award - Second prize in Urban Branch Category all over India
Received Appreciation Letter for successfully Implementing "Demonetization" with Zero Customer Complaints as Branch head
Received Appreciation Certificate for performing excellent in NPA recovery Campaign.

I have not seen any of my colleagues who wants to pursue MBA full time because a Public Sector Bank provides excellent Job Security and their long term plan is to continue with the present Bank. Though I think differently, Bank has provided me with immense exposure to almost so many industries (MSME, Mid corporate, Large corporate), government machinery (functioning), Police, Courts, etc and I want to use this knowledge for better understanding of businesses through Formal Education.

International Experience - NIL (cant do anything about it as the opportunity is very less).
Voluntary Social Work - Done with the help of Bank (mostly in the area where Branch is located) - also related with Government Sponsored Program's implementation, Conducting Financial Literacy Camps.

Target School - ISB, IIMA.

Please provide your suggestions and comments.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  64   65   66   67   68  ...  307