Last visit was: 13 May 2024, 08:51 It is currently 13 May 2024, 08:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2065 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 149 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation GMAT 720 6Yrs Exp [#permalink]
Expert Reply
debmalyasen11 wrote:
Hello Experts,

Please Evaluate my profile and suggest me some good Business Schools to Apply.
Interest in Operations-marketing.

Planing for round 2.
Indian Male, 28 yrs old.
B.Tech Engineer from non-IIT.
6 years Experience in IT/Consulting.
Working in India in a Multinational Company which is in top 30 in fortune global ranking.
GPA(8.19/10)
GMAT - 720
Extracurricular - Cricket( Played upto intra-State championships); Vocalist; Also participated in several NGO activities through Organization - But didn't collect any certificates for that. So could be considered NILL.

I have opted to send scores to Kellogg, LBS, Insead, Judge, HEC - a sequence Presented as per preference.

Please evaluate my profile and Genuinely suggest me my acceptance possibilities in above colleges. I understand that besides figures there are other important parameters - you can consider a decent application with Essay, LOR and SOP.

Also suggest me Other business schools you find suitable to my stats.

Thanks in advance.
Have a good day [WHITE SMILING FACE]

Based on what I see here, your profile looks decent enough but you come from a very competetive applicant group of course, so you need something that makes you stand out. I am not saying you don’t have it, but it’s not clear here what your “secret sauce” could be. (It’s often something like a personal back story, achievements during your career, post-MBA goal etc.)

But in order to improve your chances you really need to find that “secret sauce”. If you find that hard to do, you are always welcome to contact the ARINGO team directly and we can try to help. (https://aringo.com/mba-process-registration/)

But without something that makes you slightly unique within your applicant pool I am not very optimistic, so taking time to work on this is really a must for you!

Good luck!
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thanks for sharing your profile. With the information given, you can be in contention at the schools listed, you check off most of the boxes but given your profile and your competitive demo, your profile will not stand out amongst other applicants assuming the avg application. I would consider a few other schools like Ross, Tepper, and Kelley as well to round out your target schools given your interest in Ops/Marketing
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Thanks for sharing your profile. You carry a decent profile.While assessing your application, top b-schools looks for candidates who have demonstratednleadership qualities in their professional or personal lives. Leadership qualities don’t necessarily mean leading teams – they could also mean the initiatives you had taken, your achievements, impact-orientation and career progression.

Considering the information you have provided, below mentioned are some of the b-schools you should consider while applying.

CMU Tepper
IE Business School
Duke University Fuqua School of Business
University of Virginia Darden School of Business
University of California Berkeley Haas School of Business
University of California Anderson School of Management
Yale University - Yale School of Management
University of Chicago Booth School of Business
University of Minnesota Carlson School of Management

It would be better if you could share more about your profile like the name of the institution you have graduated, post mba goals so that we could help you in suggesting the right b-school based on your over all profile.
GMAT Club Bot