It is currently 14 Dec 2017, 20:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation GMAT 720 6Yrs Exp

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation GMAT 720 6Yrs Exp [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2017, 14:19
Hello Experts,

Please Evaluate my profile and suggest me some good Business Schools to Apply.
Interest in Operations-marketing.

Planing for round 2.
Indian Male, 28 yrs old.
B.Tech Engineer from non-IIT.
6 years Experience in IT/Consulting.
Working in India in a Multinational Company which is in top 30 in fortune global ranking.
GPA(8.19/10)
GMAT - 720
Extracurricular - Cricket( Played upto intra-State championships); Vocalist; Also participated in several NGO activities through Organization - But didn't collect any certificates for that. So could be considered NILL.

I have opted to send scores to Kellogg, LBS, Insead, Judge, HEC - a sequence Presented as per preference.

Please evaluate my profile and Genuinely suggest me my acceptance possibilities in above colleges. I understand that besides figures there are other important parameters - you can consider a decent application with Essay, LOR and SOP.

Also suggest me Other business schools you find suitable to my stats.

Thanks in advance.
Have a good day [WHITE SMILING FACE]

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Admissionado
G

Kudos [?]: 1002 [0], given: 49

Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Re: Profile Evaluation GMAT 720 6Yrs Exp [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2017, 00:13
debmalyasen11 wrote:
Hello Experts,

Planing for round 2.
Indian Male, 28 yrs old.
Working in India in a Multinational Company which is in top 30 in fortune global ranking.
GPA(8.19/10)
GMAT - 720
Extracurricular - Cricket( Played upto intra-State championships); Vocalist; Also participated in several NGO activities through Organization - But didn't collect any certificates for that. So could be considered NILL.

I have opted to send scores to Kellogg, LBS, Insead, Judge, HEC - a sequence Presented as per preference.

Please evaluate my profile and Genuinely suggest me my acceptance possibilities in above colleges. I understand that besides figures there are other important parameters - you can consider a decent application with Essay, LOR and SOP.

Thanks in advance.

Hey there,
I’d love to help you out but without more info it’s gonna be hard. Where do you work? What do you do? How quickly have you advanced? Do you have any leadership? What are your great achievements? Do you have notable community service?

Especially your work experience will define your profile.

All of these will play important roles in your evaluation.
Best,
Jon

And feel free to drop us a line for a more full-on Free Consultation: http://bit.ly/mbafcGC

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado | Packages | Success Stories | Team

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Kudos [?]: 1002 [0], given: 49

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2017, 05:47
A few more perspectives/questions to ponder on debmalyasen11:
  1. The profile contours sound interesting but the nature of work as Jon mentioned is not clear. IT/Consulting is as generic as things go. As you think about your application, you will have to be able to articulate your profile in a far stronger manner.
  2. For reasons mentioned here, we do not speculate on school selection. Purely basis your GMAT though, some of your current programs can definitely be very very aggressive though.
  3. For INSEAD and other European programs, the article here will be important to keep in context.
  4. You don't necessarily need certis to show volunteer work as long as you've done the work.

Hope this helps some.

Cheers,

MG (Manish Gupta)|The MBA Crystal Ball Team

Email: mcb at mbacrystalball dot com

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consultant
S

Kudos [?]: 340 [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2017, 06:30
debmalyasen11 wrote:
Hello Experts,

Planing for round 2.
Indian Male, 28 yrs old.
GPA(8.19/10)
GMAT - 720

Thanks in advance.

Based on what I see here, your profile looks decent enough but you come from a very competetive applicant group of course, so you need something that makes you stand out. I am not saying you don’t have it, but it’s not clear here what your “secret sauce” could be. (It’s often something like a personal back story, achievements during your career, post-MBA goal etc.)

But in order to improve your chances you really need to find that “secret sauce”. If you find that hard to do, you are always welcome to contact the ARINGO team directly and we can try to help. (https://aringo.com/mba-process-registration/)

But without something that makes you slightly unique within your applicant pool I am not very optimistic, so taking time to work on this is really a must for you!

Good luck!

https://ARINGO.com/ – MBA Admissions Consulting

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

All statistics verified by Ernst & Young

Kudos [?]: 340 [0], given: 2

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 257 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2017, 19:07
Thanks for sharing your profile. With the information given, you can be in contention at the schools listed, you check off most of the boxes but given your profile and your competitive demo, your profile will not stand out amongst other applicants assuming the avg application. I would consider a few other schools like Ross, Tepper, and Kelley as well to round out your target schools given your interest in Ops/Marketing

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Kudos [?]: 257 [0], given: 0

Director
Director
B
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA

Kudos [?]: 113 [0], given: 6

Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2017, 01:29
Thanks for sharing your profile. You carry a decent profile.While assessing your application, top b-schools looks for candidates who have demonstratednleadership qualities in their professional or personal lives. Leadership qualities don’t necessarily mean leading teams – they could also mean the initiatives you had taken, your achievements, impact-orientation and career progression.

Considering the information you have provided, below mentioned are some of the b-schools you should consider while applying.

CMU Tepper
IE Business School
Duke University Fuqua School of Business
University of Virginia Darden School of Business
University of California Berkeley Haas School of Business
University of California Anderson School of Management
Yale University - Yale School of Management
University of Chicago Booth School of Business
University of Minnesota Carlson School of Management

It would be better if you could share more about your profile like the name of the institution you have graduated, post mba goals so that we could help you in suggesting the right b-school based on your over all profile.

General Education
m:+91-99800 44412 , +91-90350 50056
w: http://www.genedmba.com e: info@genedmba.com

Kudos [?]: 113 [0], given: 6

Re: Profile Evaluation GMAT 720 6Yrs Exp   [#permalink] 24 Nov 2017, 01:29

Profile Evaluation GMAT 720 6Yrs Exp

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap