Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 13:21 It is currently 06 May 2024, 13:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 195 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
GPA: 3.92
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 195 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
GPA: 3.92
Send PM
Re: Profile evaluation request (B4 consultant, high GPA) [#permalink]
CriticalSquare wrote:
Hi there!

Thanks for sharing your profile with us - we love all of the details! You mention you're a few years away from applying - why is that? HBS and GSB are known to take value candidates with your level of work experience, and several of the other M7 are following suit. Your main focal point outside of your career advancement is going to be the GMAT. It sounds like you're already on top of that and making strides to cross the 710 mark. Earn the best score you can. A 730+ coupled with your killer GPA will open many doors for you.

With that, no one will question your intelligence or ability to handle a rigorous MBA curriculum. The question will then shift to your leadership and achievements. Hopefully there has been some vertical progression with at least one promotion and several opportunities to take on leadership roles. If this is not the case, you want to make sure you focus on this in the short term. I like your involvement activities, and hopefully you're having a true impact in these organizations - these are things you'll want to highlight throughout your application. Feel free to take a look at some of our free resources as you think about the different schools as well as your approach on how to put your best foot forward in your upcoming application. Best of luck!

Thank you for your response!

Realistically, I don't think this year is the right year for me to go back to school. I would like to wait until at least next year to apply.

I have had two promotions - consultant 2 and senior consultant. I also plan on taking advantage of an opportunity to work in the firm's India office (more of a complex) to train staff members on technical matters.

As far as my EC goes, I can point to tangible improvements in the quality of the organizations I have led. For example, when I was recruitment chair of my fraternity, I recruited the largest pledge class in the history of my chapter two semesters in a row.

Lastly, would it be worth applying to HBS and Stanford? I am a bit worried about sinking time into an application that has a significantly lower chance of being accepted than an application to a school like Duke or Michigan. My end goal is transitioning to MBB, so the specific school I go to is secondary to the connections that the school has with those organizations.

Once again, thank you for your response! You are providing an invaluable resource to the GmatClub community.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile evaluation request (B4 consultant, high GPA) [#permalink]