Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 01:13 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 01:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5428 [110]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [2]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [1]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51453 [4]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Stepping into my 10 years long MBA dream! [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Incredible journey abhimahna - from the RC ladder approach to looking at applicantlab modules together. We have come a long way. Cheers to more years of collab and helping each other out.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V35
Send PM
Many congratulations, inspiring story not only for typical Indian Engineering applicants but for all MBA aspirants.
Journey makes the end sweeter, All the Best for your MBA.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 90
Send PM
Stepping into my 10 years long MBA dream! [#permalink]
Congratulations Abhimahna! You are an inspiration to many of us. All the best for MBA

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
Send PM
abhimahna. Thank you for this post and also your debrief. Congratulation for what you have achieved and thank you for helping others in their journey. I just created an account and explored applicant lab. Seems like a nice tool. Appreciate your insight.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 97
Send PM
Hey, I would like to thank you a lot for such kind of simplified and informative story.
Right now I am looking forward to a tough journey as my verbal sucks.
And thanks for mentioning those persons who helped you a lot on your journey. I would like the most to follow them all. :-) :-)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: IIM Bangalore
Own Kudos [?]: 404 [1]
Given Kudos: 326
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 600 Q47 V26
GRE 1: Q162 V149
GPA: 3.6
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
souvik101990 wrote:
Incredible journey abhimahna - from the RC ladder approach to looking at applicantlab modules together. We have come a long way. Cheers to more years of collab and helping each other out.

Sorry souvik if this is a dumb question, but I could not find the RC ladder approach. Can you please guide me to the right post which talks about it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Kudos
Can you please take on the below given questions:-
1. If you score good GMAT score then is it covers your academic transcript i.e Xth, XIIth, Bachelor's?
2. If we give 2-3 time GMAT for improvising our score then is it be notified in our application?
+1 Kudos
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5428 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
VibhorGarg wrote:
Can you please take on the below given questions:-
1. If you score good GMAT score then is it covers your academic transcript i.e Xth, XIIth, Bachelor's?
2. If we give 2-3 time GMAT for improvising our score then is it be notified in our application?
+1 Kudos

Hey VibhorGarg ,

Happy to help :)

Here are the answers:

1. If you score good GMAT score then is it covers your academic transcript i.e Xth, XIIth, Bachelor's? --> Yes and if you can give a solid reason for low/sub optimal scores in your high school.
2. If we give 2-3 time GMAT for improvising our score then is it be notified in our application? --> Nope, unless you explicitly mention that to the school. Some schools such as Columbia do ask for the number of attempts though.

I hope that helps!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
I'm very happy for you!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
How old were you when you applied for MBA and how much of an impact did that play on the admission process?
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5428 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
ParryB wrote:
How old were you when you applied for MBA and how much of an impact did that play on the admission process?

I was 28 yrs old and I think that's the perfect age to go for it!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
abhimahna wrote:
ParryB wrote:

Thanks for replying. I thought you were older when you applied considering you had been dreaming of it from 10 years. I was trying to find some similarities in your story.

Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5428 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
ParryB wrote:
abhimahna wrote:
ParryB wrote:

Thanks for replying. I thought you were older when you applied considering you had been dreaming of it from 10 years. I was trying to find some similarities in your story.

Lol, sorry for that. :)

I started my MBA dream when I was 18 ;)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Stepping into my 10 years long MBA dream! [#permalink]
Kudos
abhimahna wrote:
ParryB wrote:
abhimahna wrote:
Lol, sorry for that. :)

I started my MBA dream when I was 18 ;)

Good for you man.

It was at 27 that I thought of going for second master's. I was naive when I finished my MSc at 24 and kinda lost my way after that. At 26-27, I decided to pursue MBA but life took a different turn and now after 10 years I'm trying for it again. I am doubting myself now moreso after having been denied after an interview at Kenan Flagler. I don't know if I should re-apply or just let go of my dream.

RSM Erasmus Moderator
Send PM
Kudos
ParryB wrote:

Good for you man.

It was at 27 that I thought of going for second master's. I was naive when I finished my MSc at 24 and kinda lost my way after that. At 26-27, I decided to pursue MBA but life took a different turn and now after 10 years I'm trying for it again. I am doubting myself now moreso after having been denied after an interview at Kenan Flagler. I don't know if I should re-apply or just let go of my dream.

Do not be so pessimistic. You do what you dream of with some rational. It is never too later. KF interviewed you and did not deny your application from the beginning. This means that they saw something in you but it did not probably show up during the interview. There are other schools who can accept you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Mo2men wrote:
Do not be so pessimistic. You do what you dream of with some rational. It is never too later. KF interviewed you and did not deny your application from the beginning. This means that they saw something in you but it did not probably show up during the interview. There are other schools who can accept you.

Thank you for your kind words.

I think I will be re-applying in October with a stronger application. With the last application, I was wrong with everything that I could do wrong with.
I prepared for GMAT for merely 2-3 months and appeared for the actual exam without a single Mock test. I wrote my essays in a rush in a matter of two days. I applied in the last round of admissions: Round 4. I wasn't prepared for interview as much as I should have been. I applied to only two schools Kenan-Flagler and Jenkins and they're not even in the same league. Jenkins is yet to give their decision but I think I will probably ask them to defer it for next year.
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Send PM
Kudos
ParryB wrote:
Mo2men wrote:

Thank you for your kind words.

I think I will be re-applying in October with a stronger application. With the last application, I was wrong with everything that I could do wrong with.
I prepared for GMAT for merely 2-3 months and appeared for the actual exam without a single Mock test. I wrote my essays in a rush in a matter of two days. I applied in the last round of admissions: Round 4. I wasn't prepared for interview as much as I should have been. I applied to only two schools Kenan-Flagler and Jenkins and they're not even in the same league. Jenkins is yet to give their decision but I think I will probably ask them to defer it for next year.

I will PM you soon.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2