Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 04:18 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 04:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5429 [636]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 337 [6]
Given Kudos: 144
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 6255 [3]
Given Kudos: 330
WE:General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Re: Abhimahna's GMAT Story - Everything happens for a reason. :) [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
Top Contributor
Wow. Congrats abhimahna. I'm guessing you got 740 as well. That is well above average for all the B-schools :) Now rock that applications.
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63679 [23]
Given Kudos: 1774
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V170

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Wow, congratulations!! Though like many of the others here, I'm still itchy to see what that composite turned out to be. In any case: V21 to V40?!? AWESOME.

And I didn't know you back in the V21 days, but you've been an absolute blessing to this community over the past few months. I can't even count the number of times that I've seen a question on the forums, thought "oh, I'm going to respond by writing X, Y, and Z", only to find that you'd already written all of those things. You know your stuff, and you 100% deserve that 40+.

Now go kick some butt on your applications, and come see us in the verbal forums whenever you need a break from essay-writing. And congratulations again!!!
IIM School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1240 [0]
Given Kudos: 1207
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
abhimahna

Amazing score and a battle hard fought with flying colors.
Thanks for such a detailed debrief. Wishing you all the best for your apps.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 690 Q43 V41
Send PM
Congratulations mate! You really deserve that score and, along with that, the admission in your dream schools. Your hard work has really paid off and it will, for sure, pay off now in the final stages leading up to admissions.

Posted from my mobile device

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 421
GMAT 1: 620 Q44 V32
GMAT 2: 600 Q48 V25
GMAT 3: 660 Q42 V39
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
Congratulation.
Now, you can think of other aspects of application and start dreaming for the school you wish.
Unfortunately, i realized too late how valuable of a resource is GMAT. When realizing it was too late for me to secure a good score.
Hope to hear more good news from you in application season.
All the best.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 421
GMAT 1: 620 Q44 V32
GMAT 2: 600 Q48 V25
GMAT 3: 660 Q42 V39
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
GMATNinja wrote:
Wow, congratulations!! Though like many of the others here, I'm still itchy to see what that composite turned out to be. In any case: V21 to V40?!? AWESOME.

And I didn't know you back in the V21 days, but you've been an absolute blessing to this community over the past few months. I can't even count the number of times that I've seen a question on the forums, thought "oh, I'm going to respond by writing X, Y, and Z", only to find that you'd already written all of those things. You know your stuff, and you 100% deserve that 40+.

Now go kick some butt on your applications, and come see us in the verbal forums whenever you need a break from essay-writing. And congratulations again!!!

Hello GMATNinja,
I hope you remember me and welcome back it seems after a long break or something.
I had my exam on Saturday Sept9. Per your prediction my verbal score was 39, though not 40, but my Quant score was 42 and i ended up getting a 660. It was very disappointing after all of those hard work i did. I immediately registered for the exam for mid October.

The question is: Has the Quant portion of the exam changed since the new exam structure was put in place and are there questions that never been conceptually provided in the OG or i stressed out too much and couldn't figure out my first two questions?

I also appreciate if you throw me some wisdom regarding how to stay up to date with respect to my verbal and brush up my Quant to be ready for the exam once again. In my practice i used to get 50, 49, 48 and 47 for Quant and 35 to 40 for my verbal. Having said that, in the first two free exam provided i got the highest score with 700 and 710. While taking the exam, those questions that i though was repetitive i intentionally responded wrong to make sure i give myself a fair chance. My practice score range was from 710 to 660 and the dragging part in my score was verbal not Quant.

In your experience how should i treat that day?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 360 [3]
Given Kudos: 144
Concentration: Leadership, Accounting
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Congrats brother! Great score Amazing effort and all the best with your applications. Thanks for helping me with Quant!
Senior PS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 5206 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
Hi abhimahna, Great debrief!

Congrats on the great score and taking us through that inspirational journey to V40
To improve from V21 to V40 takes a crazy amount of effort.
Wish you all the best for the application phase and wish that you crack the B-School of your choice!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Bro, I am proud of you. Your story is inspirational and I can see how it affected you by how you help me and other people wanting to join their dream college. I am proud to be your friend and I hope that one day I can make a post like this because it means I win just like you won Abhishek! The way is still long so goodluck for your applications!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72896 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Congratulations! Fantastic debrief - thank you but you are giving me way too much credit by even mentioning me. I am thrilled to hear this stage is over and it is now to the apps!

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1586 [0]
Given Kudos: 579
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GPA: 3.35
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Congrats abhimahna. Thanks for the brief V21 --> V40 :-)
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 6126 [0]
Given Kudos: 65
Send PM
Congrats bro :-D Your story really inspires me :-D I now stuck at V30 and I'm really hungry for a V40 :-D

I agree with you that questions from OG are the best quality. However, while practicing with those questions, I'm always scared of running out of them :-( Really scare that I will have no remaining questions to take and have to practice known questions.
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51453 [2]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM