It is currently 20 Nov 2017, 20:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Abhimahna's GMAT Story - Everything happens for a reason. :)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

46 KUDOS received
Board of Directors
D

Kudos [?]: 916 [46], given: 67

GPA: 3.65
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Abhimahna's GMAT Story - Everything happens for a reason. :) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2017, 11:31
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hey Guys,

Before I write anything I want to thank the following people:

1. bb : You owe great parties from me. You are THE BEST. I love the way you always help everyone.

2. GMATNinja : Sir, Although we met at the very last moment of my preparation, your articles actually helped me fill loopholes in my knowledge. Also, I love to answer the questions directed to you. Getting an appreciation from you actually motivated me a lot. :)

3. Bunuel : You are the champion Sir. You know you are helping millions of people to start a great life.

4. souvik101990 : Bro, thanks alot for helping me out during last few days. Your RC strategy helped me alot. You are THE MAN. :)

Okay, so I will try to brief a couple of things about myself to be able to support the subject of this post. But my main aim is to elaborate on how I improved my verbal from V21 to V40.

I am like any typical Indian Male Engineer who would give CAT (Indian Management Entrance Exam) to get into a top Indian bschool during college years. Okay, result was 96 percentile. But unfortunately, I didn't get the school of my choice and one of my friends got into my dream school with just 88 percentile. Reason: I am from General Quota and he was not. :(

I thought of preparing for it again the next year but suddenly I got into a very good company (It's below 10 in fortune 500). I was excited, "Ohh Man, I got into a great US company. I will go to US soon. :)". My plans to give CAT lost somewhere and I started working very hard in the company. Then my manager sent my name for H1B Visa. Result: My H1B Visa got rejected on April 2015. I was so excited to go to USA but my Visa rejection screwed up everything. I had only one thing in mind ," Everything happens for a reason". (I used to ask myself what is Good in this? But my brain always said the same thing, "Dude, calm down. Something good will happen".

Okay, what's next? Go for Higher Studies. Step: Let's start working on GMAT. I gave my first ETS mock and ended up with 540 (Q37 and V20). Yes, that was my performance when I didn't know anything about GMAT.

I joined Jamboree. BIG Mistake of my life. Complete wastage of money. They took lots of money but at the end result was zero. Quant was still good(may be because I have been a topper in Maths since childhood, Family Genes you know!! ) but verbal was nowhere what is tested on GMAT. Some of the rules they gave were even wrong. I am sorry guys, but this is what I felt. At the same time, my friend asked me to join egmat verbal. Although I won't say they are bad, they might be good for people out there. Actually they are good if you want to get into the study mode. May be good to help you reach above V30.

But again that didn’t work for me. By that time, I knew that it is me who has to put in efforts. No one in this world can help unless I multiply my efforts by 10 times and make my own strategies. I started solving GMATClub Quant questions daily. Do you know what once I solved 150+ questions on a single day. :o I know this is strange but this really helped me to remain at 50 even after so many months. I did almost all the questions of Bunuel and any question that I got in my email.

Yes, Quant needs lotssss of practice. I gave GMAT and scored Q50 and V21. Okay, Quant reached my goal but verbal was far behind.

Then again my brain said "Come on! everything happens for a good reason.". I again started working on GMAT a couple of months later. I joined Magoosh. I looked at their videos and tried to find new strategies. They were good. No doubt. But poor me, I ended up with Q50 and V32. Okay, my quant was the same but verbal saw some improvement. But it was not enough for me. I am a poor Indian IT Male :'(

Later, I found that I was spending way too much time for Quant but only 1/4 of that time to verbal every time. Please don't do this mistake. If you are weak in something, work on it more. Now, round 2 applications were on my head and I tried to apply to a couple of colleges. As usual, my aim was to get into top schools, else don't go.

I screwed up everything there for multiple reasons: 1. BAD demographic area 2. Round 2. 3. Low GMAT 4. 1 year less experienced than the average.

Fine, I learned alot many things from these experiences and continued my process of getting a higher score. By this time, I got so much experienced that I don't really need any online course to get the knowledge. All I did was stopped studying for Quant at all. I knew that even if I don't do Quant(Please don't do this if you are not a Quant-Like person) , I can get whatever score I want. I focused completely on verbal. I followed everything I have written down(end of the post) and booked my exam. I ended up with Q50 V35. I was like what the hell is going on. I was going too slow, very calm, and completely focused but still the same range?? I requested my ESR. I found a very horrible thing:

First 3 sections my percentage of correct was more than 85 but last section it was just 25. This was not because I was rushing. It was because when I was at question 30, I wanted to go to washroom because I had taken lots of water before that. I was both crying and laughing at myself. :-D :cry:

Now, I practiced a bit more and then booked my exam on 5th sept. I found the nearest date was 8th sept at 5 p.m. I booked it and this time while avoiding all the mistakes I did in the past, I gave my best shot. When I saw the V40, I was on the stars. Quant didn't decrease nor improve. Anyways, I know I always end up doing 3-4 super silly mistakes but I am happy now. I talked to bb first. He congratulated me. Then I tried reaching out to souvik101990 (he was watching a movie but later congratulated me. :P ) and then mihir0710 (He also congratulated me). :)

Now, the question is what good thing happened? My brain said " Look, you got V40 dude. This is way above you would have ever thought. You did it and now focus on your apps. Let's target the school you always wanted." :) My fingers are crossed now.

Here are a couple of strategies I am gonna share:

GMATClub is THE BEST resource for Gmat Quant and Verbal.

** I am soon going to write a post on How to make the best use of GMATClub? :)

POE can save your life

Process of Elimination is the key to success in GMAT Verbal especially for non natives.

Q: What is the POE? Is abhimahna saying reject the options which you *think* are incorrect?

A: No friend, I never meant so. Eliminate only if you are 100% sure it is wrong. In case you don't know why a particular option is incorrect or you are just 80% sure its incorrect, PLEASE Don’t cross it out.

Q: Okay, I ended up marking 3 out with full confidence but I am not sure about the two options. I always end up marking the wrong one out of the two options left.

A: Guys, whenever you are stuck between two options, it means you have eliminated the easy options now here comes the true battle. All you need to do is get extremely focused now and Read TOOOO Slowly now.

If you rush, you will end up marking it wrong.

I remember, I met a guy who said," Hey I spent alot of time in getting the 3 incorrect out, but I simply rushed through the two and marked the incorrect one.".

My response: Oh crap, you should have been slower when you were doing those two options.

RC Section:

1. Read Slowly. Very Slowly. TOO Slowly.

2. Follow the method that Souvik mentioned. I want to brief the same Below. You can read more about it here

souvik101990 , I took reference of your image. :P

3. If you don't know what a particular sentence is saying, please don't move to the next one. This way you won't end up understanding exactly what the passage is saying.

4. Ok Man, what if that sentence is difficult to understand?

Understand the structure of that sentence. What is the Subject, what is the verb and what all are the modifiers.
Mostly, subject and verb are toooo away from each other that we end up getting confused. Understanding the structure would really help you improve your RC.

5. Ohh, I know what the passage is saying but 50%, or may be 75%. I don't know.

STOP THIS. If you don't know what exactly the passage is saying, don't try to hit questions.
Most probably you would end up getting inference type questions wrong.

6. Practice 3 RCs a day. Make it your Habbit. In case you don't have time to do other things on a particular day, make sure RC MUST be done.

7. Forget about Non Official Material. The only material I like THE most after official is Manhattan.

My Biggest mistake was I never gave much attention to RCs. I am telling you Guys, if you improve your RC at the beginning of your preparation, you won't take much time to improve your verbal.

Otherwise, RC won't let you score high easily. Take my words very seriously.

I remember I got an RC passage on exam that was way too difficult for me to comprehend. I had two options: 1) Go to the questions directly. 2) Stop there and spend some time understanding the structure. I did the latter and finally was able to understand it completely.

CR Section:

CR has always been my strengthen. Reason: Am I born with right CR skills? NO. The true reason is that I followed the right strategies since day 1.

Okay, what are those strategies:

1. Read the question stem clearly please.

2. Read SLOWLY. Understand what the author is trying to say. Consider that you need to explain what you have read in that paragraph to someone else. You have only one chance to read it.

What would you do? You will read it very slowly such that you get the meaning of the argument properly.

Now: If the argument is about assumption, strengthen, weaken: Ask yourself two questions:

1. What is the author saying? I mean what is the conclusion.
2. On what basis did he say so?

Then try to pre think something and start doing POE.

Again, I am not gonna reject any option unless I am 100% sure.

SC Section:

I made SC my habit. I got so obsessed with SC rules that whenever I hear anything wrong, I used to feel like "Let's kill this person. How can he/she use wrong usage?".

A secret to share: My manager also uses wrong English in meetings. He always say "whether or not", "reason why", "and also" , etc. I am like what the hell.

How can you be wrong? You don't know this is against the rules of GMAC world. :-D Unfortunately, I can't say anything to him else it will change my life. :-D

I know I have developed a bad habit, but I can't help it. Honestly, I have to stop watching such things otherwise people would make fun of me now. :P

I would say get comfortable with Basic SC rules and then do right practice. Again READ slowly and try to do POE and then go with the meaning.

My process was:

1. Read the sentence slowly and try to comprehend the meaning.
2. Once done, quickly check the splits (as Magoosh Says) and eliminate if you can. (You must be 100% sure)
3. Work on the pending options and try to understand what the difference is and which is changing the meaning.

Meaning change is not allowed unless you don’t have the right option with correct meaning.

Don't do questions from ANY sources. Stick to a few ones only.

Quant:

I created my own strategy for quant since beginning. I named it Decoding strategy.

What it means is decode the maximum information from each word you read and simplify it. It can change your life. It did for me.

Let me know in case you have any specific questions. I would be happy to expand my debrief further. :-D

P.S: I am going to remove grammatical or silly mistakes for the next couple of days. I am also happy to add more to help everyone out there. :)

How I improved from V21 to V40! ?

Kudos [?]: 916 [46], given: 67

Magoosh Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount Codes
Chat Moderator
G

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 140

Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Abhimahna's GMAT Story - Everything happens for a reason. :) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2017, 11:44
wow. Let me be the first person to congratulate you. Since you didn't mention the score, I am guessing it is 740? (Q50/V44)?

Amazing score in Verbal. All the best for your applications.

You may want to take a double look at the subject? :-)

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 140

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 9

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2017, 12:04
Hello Abhimahna,

Congratulations for great score.
Now let me ask your help in quants. I am also student of jamboree and i think it was my mistake to join there classroom training .
I would like to seek you help. Please do get in touch.

Cheers!!

Sent from my A0001 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 9

Top Contributor
1 KUDOS received
Senior RC Moderator
P

Kudos [?]: 1533 [1], given: 277

GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V34
WE: General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2017, 12:56
This post received
KUDOS
Top Contributor
Wow. Congrats abhimahna. I'm guessing you got 740 as well. That is well above average for all the B-schools :) Now rock that applications.

Become a GMAT Club Premium member to avail lot of discounts

Kudos [?]: 1533 [1], given: 277

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
G

Kudos [?]: 1874 [1], given: 452

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2017, 15:02
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Wow, congratulations!! Though like many of the others here, I'm still itchy to see what that composite turned out to be. In any case: V21 to V40?!? AWESOME.

And I didn't know you back in the V21 days, but you've been an absolute blessing to this community over the past few months. I can't even count the number of times that I've seen a question on the forums, thought "oh, I'm going to respond by writing X, Y, and Z", only to find that you'd already written all of those things. You know your stuff, and you 100% deserve that 40+.

Now go kick some butt on your applications, and come see us in the verbal forums whenever you need a break from essay-writing. And congratulations again!!!

GMAT Club Verbal Expert | GMAT/GRE tutor at www.gmatninja.com (Now hiring!) | GMAT blog | Food blog | Friendly warning: I'm bad at PMs

GMAT Ninja Wednesdays LIVE on YouTube
Join us, and ask your questions in advance!

Beginners' guides to GMAT verbal
Reading Comprehension | Critical Reasoning | Sentence Correction

SC & CR Questions of the Day (QOTDs), featuring expert explanations
All QOTDs | Subscribe via email | RSS

Need an expert reply?
Hit the request verbal experts' reply button -- and please be specific about your question. Feel free to tag @GMATNinja and @GMATNinjaTwo in your post.

Sentence Correction articles & resources
How to go from great (760) to incredible (780) on GMAT SC | That "-ing" Word Probably Isn't a Verb | That "-ed" Word Might Not Be a Verb, Either | No-BS Guide to GMAT Idioms | "Being" is not the enemy | WTF is "that" doing in my sentence?

Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning, and other articles & resources
All GMAT Ninja articles on GMAT Club | Using LSAT for GMAT CR & RC |7 reasons why your actual GMAT scores don't match your practice test scores | How to get 4 additional "fake" GMAT Prep tests for $29.99... in any section order

YouTube verbal webinars:
"Next-level" GMAT pronouns | Uses of "that" on the GMAT | Parallelism and meaning | Simplifying GMAT verb tenses | Comparisons, part I |
November webinar schedule

Kudos [?]: 1874 [1], given: 452

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 231

WE: Engineering (Other)
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2017, 15:57
abhimahna

Amazing score and a battle hard fought with flying colors.
Thanks for such a detailed debrief. Wishing you all the best for your apps.

Press kudos if you liked this post

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 231

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 40

GMAT 1: 690 Q43 V41
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2017, 16:07
Congratulations mate! You really deserve that score and, along with that, the admission in your dream schools. Your hard work has really paid off and it will, for sure, pay off now in the final stages leading up to admissions.

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 40

Manager
Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 73 [0], given: 419

GMAT 1: 620 Q44 V32
GMAT 2: 600 Q48 V25
GMAT 3: 660 Q42 V39
GPA: 3.48
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2017, 16:39
Congratulation.
Now, you can think of other aspects of application and start dreaming for the school you wish.
Unfortunately, i realized too late how valuable of a resource is GMAT. When realizing it was too late for me to secure a good score.
Hope to hear more good news from you in application season.
All the best.

Manager
Manager
G

GMAT 1: 620 Q44 V32
GMAT 2: 600 Q48 V25
GMAT 3: 660 Q42 V39
GPA: 3.48
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2017, 16:52
GMATNinja wrote:
Wow, congratulations!! Though like many of the others here, I'm still itchy to see what that composite turned out to be. In any case: V21 to V40?!? AWESOME.

And I didn't know you back in the V21 days, but you've been an absolute blessing to this community over the past few months. I can't even count the number of times that I've seen a question on the forums, thought "oh, I'm going to respond by writing X, Y, and Z", only to find that you'd already written all of those things. You know your stuff, and you 100% deserve that 40+.

Now go kick some butt on your applications, and come see us in the verbal forums whenever you need a break from essay-writing. And congratulations again!!!

Hello GMATNinja,
I hope you remember me and welcome back it seems after a long break or something.
I had my exam on Saturday Sept9. Per your prediction my verbal score was 39, though not 40, but my Quant score was 42 and i ended up getting a 660. It was very disappointing after all of those hard work i did. I immediately registered for the exam for mid October.

The question is: Has the Quant portion of the exam changed since the new exam structure was put in place and are there questions that never been conceptually provided in the OG or i stressed out too much and couldn't figure out my first two questions?

I also appreciate if you throw me some wisdom regarding how to stay up to date with respect to my verbal and brush up my Quant to be ready for the exam once again. In my practice i used to get 50, 49, 48 and 47 for Quant and 35 to 40 for my verbal. Having said that, in the first two free exam provided i got the highest score with 700 and 710. While taking the exam, those questions that i though was repetitive i intentionally responded wrong to make sure i give myself a fair chance. My practice score range was from 710 to 660 and the dragging part in my score was verbal not Quant.

In your experience how should i treat that day?

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
P

Kudos [?]: 131 [1], given: 105

Concentration: Leadership, Accounting
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.3
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2017, 19:16
This post received
KUDOS
Congrats brother! Great score Amazing effort and all the best with your applications. Thanks for helping me with Quant!

Winners dont make excuses.

350--> 700

https://gmatclub.com/forum/700-q47-v39-ir-7-awa-246682.html

Kudos [?]: 131 [1], given: 105

BSchool Forum Moderator
D

Kudos [?]: 685 [0], given: 17

Concentration: General Management, Leadership
WE: Sales (Retail)
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2017, 20:17
Hi abhimahna, Great debrief!

Congrats on the great score and taking us through that inspirational journey to V40
To improve from V21 to V40 takes a crazy amount of effort.
Wish you all the best for the application phase and wish that you crack the B-School of your choice!

Stay hungry, Stay foolish

2017-2018 MBA Deadlines

Class of 2020: Rotman Thread | Schulich Thread
Class of 2019: Sauder Thread

Kudos [?]: 685 [0], given: 17

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2017, 01:48
Bro, I am proud of you. Your story is inspirational and I can see how it affected you by how you help me and other people wanting to join their dream college. I am proud to be your friend and I hope that one day I can make a post like this because it means I win just like you won Abhishek! The way is still long so goodluck for your applications!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
P

Kudos [?]: 29084 [0], given: 5264

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2017, 01:54
Congratulations! Fantastic debrief - thank you but you are giving me way too much credit by even mentioning me. I am thrilled to hear this stage is over and it is now to the apps!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 29084 [0], given: 5264

Manager
Manager
P

Kudos [?]: 110 [0], given: 468

Concentration: Operations, Finance
GPA: 3.35
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2017, 03:09
Congrats abhimahna. Thanks for the brief V21 --> V40 :-)

आत्मनॊ मोक्षार्थम् जगद्धिताय च

Resource: GMATPrep RCs With Solution

Kudos [?]: 110 [0], given: 468

Senior CR Moderator
D

Kudos [?]: 1009 [0], given: 60

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2017, 04:03
Congrats bro :-D Your story really inspires me :-D I now stuck at V30 and I'm really hungry for a V40 :-D

I agree with you that questions from OG are the best quality. However, while practicing with those questions, I'm always scared of running out of them :-( Really scare that I will have no remaining questions to take and have to practice known questions.

Actual LSAT CR bank by Broall

How to solve quadratic equations - Factor quadratic equations
Factor table with sign: The useful tool to solve polynomial inequalities
Applying AM-GM inequality into finding extreme/absolute value

New Error Log with Timer

Kudos [?]: 1009 [0], given: 60

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
D

Kudos [?]: 17637 [0], given: 1986

GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2017, 04:35
Oh man oh man oh man! This is great, though I already knew this. For people who don't know abhimahna very well, he is one of the most dedicated people out there and sometimes he makes me think about problems in a way that helps me clarify my own assumptions.

BIG BIG congratulations man.

BTW, Fuqua will be lucky to have you. You should attach this with your application :)

See you on the other side!

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Kudos [?]: 17637 [0], given: 1986

Expert Post
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
G

Kudos [?]: 1874 [0], given: 452

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2017, 06:02
Heseraj wrote:
Hello GMATNinja,
I hope you remember me and welcome back it seems after a long break or something.
I had my exam on Saturday Sept9. Per your prediction my verbal score was 39, though not 40, but my Quant score was 42 and i ended up getting a 660. It was very disappointing after all of those hard work i did. I immediately registered for the exam for mid October.

The question is: Has the Quant portion of the exam changed since the new exam structure was put in place and are there questions that never been conceptually provided in the OG or i stressed out too much and couldn't figure out my first two questions?

I also appreciate if you throw me some wisdom regarding how to stay up to date with respect to my verbal and brush up my Quant to be ready for the exam once again. In my practice i used to get 50, 49, 48 and 47 for Quant and 35 to 40 for my verbal. Having said that, in the first two free exam provided i got the highest score with 700 and 710. While taking the exam, those questions that i though was repetitive i intentionally responded wrong to make sure i give myself a fair chance. My practice score range was from 710 to 660 and the dragging part in my score was verbal not Quant.

In your experience how should i treat that day?

I hope that you don't mind that we've hijacked your debrief, abhimahna! ;)

Heseraj, sorry to hear the bad news. I'm pretty happy with that 39 verbal, to be honest -- it sounds like you had a decent performance on that side, since you were near the upper end of your practice results. Keep working at it to see if you can move the needle a tiny bit more, but I'd call the V39 a good day.

And yup, I can pretty much guarantee that you made a few goofy errors on the quant section that you don't normally make. Your ESR would almost certainly tell you the same thing -- probably a handful of unnecessary mistakes, mostly toward the beginning of the quant section. It doesn't take many careless errors to completely ruin your day.

Check this out if you haven't seen it already: https://gmatclub.com/forum/experts-topi ... 46658.html. Maybe a couple of pieces of the article might ring a bell in terms of things to work on for next time?

Let us know how things go on the retake!

GMAT Club Verbal Expert | GMAT/GRE tutor at www.gmatninja.com (Now hiring!) | GMAT blog | Food blog | Friendly warning: I'm bad at PMs

GMAT Ninja Wednesdays LIVE on YouTube
Join us, and ask your questions in advance!

Beginners' guides to GMAT verbal
Reading Comprehension | Critical Reasoning | Sentence Correction

SC & CR Questions of the Day (QOTDs), featuring expert explanations
All QOTDs | Subscribe via email | RSS

Need an expert reply?
Hit the request verbal experts' reply button -- and please be specific about your question. Feel free to tag @GMATNinja and @GMATNinjaTwo in your post.

Sentence Correction articles & resources
How to go from great (760) to incredible (780) on GMAT SC | That "-ing" Word Probably Isn't a Verb | That "-ed" Word Might Not Be a Verb, Either | No-BS Guide to GMAT Idioms | "Being" is not the enemy | WTF is "that" doing in my sentence?

Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning, and other articles & resources
All GMAT Ninja articles on GMAT Club | Using LSAT for GMAT CR & RC |7 reasons why your actual GMAT scores don't match your practice test scores | How to get 4 additional "fake" GMAT Prep tests for $29.99... in any section order

YouTube verbal webinars:
"Next-level" GMAT pronouns | Uses of "that" on the GMAT | Parallelism and meaning | Simplifying GMAT verb tenses | Comparisons, part I |
November webinar schedule

Kudos [?]: 1874 [0], given: 452

2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 8 [2], given: 48

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2017, 11:44
This post received
KUDOS
Heartiest Congratulations!!! :) :) :) You deserve this!!!!

You know I am more or less on same journey.. Unfortunately, I was about to give up today, and then saw your post... your efforts made me think what I been through is nothing. This post gave me new hope !!!!

Thanks, abhimahna !!

Kudos [?]: 8 [2], given: 48

BSchool Forum Moderator
G

Kudos [?]: 214 [0], given: 199

GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.65
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2017, 03:16
Awesome Dude !!!!

Realized about 15 min back that I was yet to read your de-brief !!!!

;) ;)

Very well laid out ...m sure many will get benefitted from this :-) :-)

Compilation of Blogs by Mike Mcgarry - Magoosh

Kudos [?]: 214 [0], given: 199

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 70 [0], given: 66

GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2017, 02:18
Congratulations,
Excellent debrief.
All the best for future. :thumbup:

Give Kudos for correct answer and/or if you like the solution.

Kudos [?]: 70 [0], given: 66

Re: Abhimahna's GMAT Story - Everything happens for a reason. :)   [#permalink] 18 Sep 2017, 02:18

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 24 posts ] 

Abhimahna's GMAT Story - Everything happens for a reason. :)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: EMPOWERgmatRichC, ydmuley, bb

HOT DEALS FOR NOVEMBER
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap