Last visit was: 01 May 2024, 22:16 It is currently 01 May 2024, 22:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72968 [1]
Given Kudos: 18902
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 421
GMAT 1: 620 Q44 V32
GMAT 2: 600 Q48 V25
GMAT 3: 660 Q42 V39
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Re: Top School with Prior Expulsion? [#permalink]
bb wrote:
Thanks for posting a very interesting and detailed question. Veritas Prep may have run into a situation like this and may advise.

However in a "sick" competitive MBA world, an experience and a turn around story like that may give you a boost in your essays and interviews.

Few people achieve as much after gettin so low and this creates quite a contrast and progression that other struggle to demonstrate.

I think you will be a bit of a gamble for an adcom but I still think you have a great chance taking your GPA into consideration and your work accomplishments.

Get a solid GMAT score to ease any further doubts and I feel it will be very much worth a shot and effort of applying. This country needs more forgiveness and rehabilitation success stories.

PS. Curious what VP thinks....

Posted from my mobile device

Just wanted to say that your post 1.5 years ago helped me get over the 'fear' of applying to school with a background like mine.

I'm happy to tell you that it worked out really well with an acceptance + fellowship to UCLA :)

The past doesn't define your future!

Thanks BB :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
fearfulpersistance wrote:
bb wrote:
Thanks for posting a very interesting and detailed question. Veritas Prep may have run into a situation like this and may advise.

However in a "sick" competitive MBA world, an experience and a turn around story like that may give you a boost in your essays and interviews.

Few people achieve as much after gettin so low and this creates quite a contrast and progression that other struggle to demonstrate.

I think you will be a bit of a gamble for an adcom but I still think you have a great chance taking your GPA into consideration and your work accomplishments.

Get a solid GMAT score to ease any further doubts and I feel it will be very much worth a shot and effort of applying. This country needs more forgiveness and rehabilitation success stories.

PS. Curious what VP thinks....

Posted from my mobile device

Just wanted to say that your post 1.5 years ago helped me get over the 'fear' of applying to school with a background like mine.

I'm happy to tell you that it worked out really well with an acceptance + fellowship to UCLA :)

The past doesn't define your future!

Thanks BB :-D

Congrats man, so happy that you turned things around. I'm sure you'll do amazing things during and after your MBA!
GMAT Club Bot