Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 17:31 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Official GMAC Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Schools: Haas '15
Send PM
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
MBAUsername wrote:
Jeremy,

You mentioned late-2015 ETA for Exam Pack 2. Can you update this for us?

This software is by far the most valuable prep tool, but desperately needs a larger question bank and more analytics so that motivated studiers can better gauge their preparedness. Has GMAC ever considered open-sourcing any aspect of this software?

For example, let's assume GMAC is unwilling to reveal code or specific details related to the scoring or CAT algorithms. But maybe instead of open-sourcing the whole thing, GMAC could expand the question bank by accepting user-written questions. These user-written questions could be evaluated through a similar tool as used for "experimental" questions on the real exam, and then be uploaded into a massive question-bank database that drives the software.

Alternatively, open-source the whole damn thing on github. There are a lot of really smart people on here, some percentage of which are talented software developers. So you could get thousands of hours of expert code-writing for free.

Overall, there is infinite demand for more GMAC prep material. Someone there needs to figure out how to provide it.

Hello,

I'd like to follow-up regarding your idea for open-source questions. First off, thanks for expressing interest in more questions and practice materials! While it would be nice to open source question creation, the process for evaluating new or (i.e. "experimental") questions is extremely rigorous which would pose a big challenge. We go through a thorough development and review process for every question we use in order to produce the best quality prep materials for our candidates. Open-sourcing question creation might reduce the integrity of our questions, which may ultimately mislead candidates.

However, we are continuing to produce and release more products to meet the demand for additional practice questions and practice exams. Stay tuned here for more updates as we have them.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Send PM
Expert Reply
Just a reminder as we here at GMAT HQ prepare for this weekend's snow: If your test center is closed due to inclement weather, you will be contacted by GMAT Customer Service via the contact info you provided when you scheduled the appointment. All communications will come from Pearson VUE, not from your test center. If your test center is open but you feel unsafe traveling, please contact GMAT Customer Service to discuss your situation.

For further questions or if you need to reschedule, please contact GMAT Customer Service: https://www.mba.com/contact.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.54
Send PM
Hello,

I wanted to know whether the duration in which we finish our respective sections matter in the evaluation or not ?
What I mean to say is if we finish a section faster by say 5 minutes, would we have a better score in that section or is the marking done purely on the basis of the questions which we have answered right or wrong ?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]
Hello,

I gave my GMAT on 6th Jan 2016(Bangalore, India) and received an unofficial score. The problem is that it is almost 20 days and I have not received my official score. On MBA . com it does not display anything under status. Could you please HELP, as I have submmited my application to B-school with unofficial score and they expect an official score.

Please let me know if I need to provide any further details.

Best Regards,
Rahul Singh Rana
Send PM
Expert Reply
rrana20 wrote:
Hello,

I gave my GMAT on 6th Jan 2016(Bangalore, India) and received an unofficial score. The problem is that it is almost 20 days and I have not received my official score. On MBA . com it does not display anything under status. Could you please HELP, as I have submmited my application to B-school with unofficial score and they expect an official score.

Best Regards,
Rahul Singh Rana

Hello Rahul,

If you could please send me your email address and GMAT ID via private message, I will follow up with my Customer Care team on your status. Thank you.

Jeremy
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
OfficialGMAT wrote:
rrana20 wrote:
Hello,

Best Regards,
Rahul Singh Rana

Hello Rahul,

If you could please send me your email address and GMAT ID via private message, I will follow up with my Customer Care team on your status. Thank you.

Jeremy

Hello Sir,

I have sent the information via PM, please let me know in case you have not received it or further information is required.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Rahul Singh Rana
Send PM
Expert Reply
aniag29 wrote:
Hello,

I wanted to know whether the duration in which we finish our respective sections matter in the evaluation or not ?
What I mean to say is if we finish a section faster by say 5 minutes, would we have a better score in that section or is the marking done purely on the basis of the questions which we have answered right or wrong ?

Hello,

Great question! No, speed is not a factor and will have no impact on your score. So we would recommend you focus on completing the sections in the time given for each one.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: - GMAT section order pilotPost Your Questions to GMAC Official Rep [#permalink]
Hi GMAC rep,

I have received an invitation to take the GMAT section order Pilot Program. Did GMAT extend the Pilot period ( February 23 – March 8, 2016.)? because i see some mid March dates(14th,16th) available to select. (I chose the verbal, quant, IR,AWA 3rd option)Did I click on the wrong link to register? Please confirm. Thanks you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi Jeremy,

I purchased GMATPrep® Exam Pack 1 in Order #0027-2031-8570 on Jan 26th.
I installed GMAT prep and software and wanted to activate my exam pack. However, when I try to activate my purchased exam pack with given activation code in my product purchases, I get an error that says "License number has already been used". I have activated it on one computer only and now I have deactivated it from there and want to activate it on my laptop. It was indeed used by me only by my account but I do want to use it again. I don't understand why I cannot refer back to something that I already purchased.

I have to appear for the exam soon and need these exams for practice. I request you to please help me out with this situation.

Regards
Bilal
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.54
Send PM
OfficialGMAT wrote:
aniag29 wrote:
Hello,

Hello,

Great question! No, speed is not a factor and will have no impact on your score. So we would recommend you focus on completing the sections in the time given for each one.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Thank you Jeremy for answering the query. Sometimes these small queries end up into a big problem. :-D
Send PM
Expert Reply
Happy National Engineers Week. Join the “Engineering to MBA” virtual field trips to meet real engineers on Feb 25th and 26th. Register today: https://start.mba.com/virtualfieldtrip

Send PM
Expert Reply
We'd love to learn about your study habits! The Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®) is conducting research on how business school candidates prepare for the GMAT® exam and we could use your input. If you're interested in participating in this study, please complete this brief survey and we'll be in contact with you shortly:

https://gmac.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_5jvdawkWCEhFqzX&SOURCE=GMATClub
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 395 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.8
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi Jeremy,

Every now and then, Additional contents such as "ExamPack1" and "QuestionPack1" deactivates. And any attempt to Activate is again is just futile. So, the only option to get it working is a re-install. I have done this at least 10 times already. Is this a bug or a known issue ?
Send PM
Expert Reply
FacelessMan wrote:
Hi Jeremy,

Every now and then, Additional contents such as "ExamPack1" and "QuestionPack1" deactivates. And any attempt to Activate is again is just futile. So, the only option to get it working is a re-install. I have done this at least 10 times already. Is this a bug or a known issue ?

If your operating system is a MAC OS X 10.10 or higher, then this is a known issue that affects users on Apple computers running OS X version 10.10 Yosemite or higher. At this time, the GMATPrep software is only compatible with MAC OS X 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9. Our software developer is aware of the issue and is currently working on an update to fix this compatibility issue. You can restore the activation status of the Exam Pack 1 and Question Pack 1 on GMATPrep by following the steps below:

1. Do NOT uninstall the current installation of GMATPrep.
2. Go to https://www.mba.com/gmatprep to download the latest version of GMATPrep (v 2.3.322) software.
3. Open the downloaded file “GMATPrep-2.3.322-MaxOSX.dmg”
4. Open the installation file “Install.app” to begin the installation process.
5. If and when asked if you want to upgrade the current GMATPrep software with GMATPrep 2.3.322, select Yes to continue with installation.
6. Follow instructions on the installation wizard to install GMATPrep.
7. Near the end of the installation process, the installation wizard may display the following error: “Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly…” Click OK to dismiss the error message and let it finish the installation process.
8. Launch GMATPrep.

Now the Exam Pack 1/Question Pack 1 should appear correctly as being activated (if previously activated on the same computer).

After every reboot, repeat steps 3 through 8 to install GMATPrep again. You do NOT need to uninstall GMATPrep before reinstalling. You also do NOT need to deactivate or reactivate the Exam Pack 1/Question Pack 1.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 395 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.8
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
OfficialGMAT wrote:
FacelessMan wrote:
Hi Jeremy,

If your operating system is a MAC OS X 10.10 or higher, then this is a known issue that affects users on Apple computers running OS X version 10.10 Yosemite or higher. At this time, the GMATPrep software is only compatible with MAC OS X 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9. Our software developer is aware of the issue and is currently working on an update to fix this compatibility issue. You can restore the activation status of the Exam Pack 1 and Question Pack 1 on GMATPrep by following the steps below:

1. Do NOT uninstall the current installation of GMATPrep.
2. Go to https://www.mba.com/gmatprep to download the latest version of GMATPrep (v 2.3.322) software.
3. Open the downloaded file “GMATPrep-2.3.322-MaxOSX.dmg”
4. Open the installation file “Install.app” to begin the installation process.
5. If and when asked if you want to upgrade the current GMATPrep software with GMATPrep 2.3.322, select Yes to continue with installation.
6. Follow instructions on the installation wizard to install GMATPrep.
7. Near the end of the installation process, the installation wizard may display the following error: “Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly…” Click OK to dismiss the error message and let it finish the installation process.
8. Launch GMATPrep.

Now the Exam Pack 1/Question Pack 1 should appear correctly as being activated (if previously activated on the same computer).

After every reboot, repeat steps 3 through 8 to install GMATPrep again. You do NOT need to uninstall GMATPrep before reinstalling. You also do NOT need to deactivate or reactivate the Exam Pack 1/Question Pack 1.

Thanks Jeremy. It works. Will look forward to a software update.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Duke '19 (M)
Send PM
Hi Jeremy,

I have a question about the new "reinstate your score" feature. I have taken several GMATs and for the life of me, I can't remember my splits or IR score on my second exam. If I decide to reinstate a score, is there a way for us to see all of the scores to determine which one we want to reinstate? I think this would especially apply to people who have taken the GMAT 5+ times over a several year period.

I tried to click on "reinstate your score" to see if it gives you a preview - it doesn't.

Thanks!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4654 [0]
Given Kudos: 632
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
Dondarrion wrote:
I have a question about the new "reinstate your score" feature. I have taken several GMATs and for the life of me, I can't remember my splits or IR score on my second exam. If I decide to reinstate a score, is there a way for us to see all of the scores to determine which one we want to reinstate? I think this would especially apply to people who have taken the GMAT 5+ times over a several year period.

I tried to click on "reinstate your score" to see if it gives you a preview - it doesn't.
The GMAC is aware of this issue, though I don't know whether they've done anything about it.

If it's urgent, you could just get the ESR. That will show you all your scores (except AWA).
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22  ...  29