Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 04:15 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Ask ARINGO MBA Admissions Consulting [#permalink]
Expert Reply
rambhau1211 wrote:
27 year old, Indian Male, applying Fall 2022 intake
GMAT: 740 Q50 V41
Academics:
-MS in Mechanical Engineering from a T10 Public US university (GPA: 3.96)
-B.Tech, Mechanical Engineering from National Institute of Technology, Nagpur (GPA 7.96/10)
Work Experience: (4 years at matriculation)
--3 Years in top Diesel Engine mfg firm(auto industry) –
Started as Test Engineer, moved to Field Test Engineering and now working as a Test Operations Manager. Promoted twice in 2.5 years. Leading a group of 14 technicians.
--Have impact at work. Involved with Technician apprenticeship restructure at the company. Also tutored them Math and Physics for over 2 years
Involved in Tutoring at Adult Education Center for over 6 months weekly.(Teach English to Foreign nationals in the community).
--- Undergrad Captain of a 25 member team at an Automotive Design competition. Ended in top 1/3rd of competition.
Was elected as Gen Sec for a department of 350 students. Organized college events.
Involved in some intramural sport tournaments.

Goals:
-Short term: Thinking of moving into consulting to get breadth of business experience and then move to Strategy roles within industry.

Targets: Harvard, Kellogg, Booth, Duke, Darden, Tuck, INSEAD

1) Looking to apply R1. Would like to gauge strength of my application for the mentioned schools.
2) I would also like to know about Scholarship opportunities for an overrepresented pool of candidates at these schools.

Hi rambhau1211,

Thanks for sharing your profile and MBA aspirations.

My name is Priyanka, Client Manager at ARINGO.

You have a very interesting profile! From what I can see:

Academics – Bachelor from NIT and a Master’s degree from a top 10 US university - Good. 😊 Also, a GMAT score of 740- AWESOME!

Work Experience –Working in the auto industry and 2 promotions in 2.5 years are indeed impressive. Your experience looks nice. Prepare a professional resume by quantifying well the impact of your work, leadership skills, etc.

Extracurricular activities/Volunteer Work – You have done some serious community work and ECs also look amazing!

Your career goals - Your career goals look fine as this is a logical extension of what you are doing presently but will be able to give more insights once you share your CV.

School list – From what I see, you have a strong profile and will make a good case in the mentioned schools (for both admission and scholarship) with some stellar essays (would love to help you with that 😊).

All in all sounds like you have a good profile! If you send me your CV PRIYANKAK@ARINGO.com, I would love to connect you with our CEO who will be happy to help further with a detailed review and perhaps work together on some amazing apps.

All the best. :)
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
This chatroom will be active today June 28th at 10 AM Pacific or 10:30 PM IST :)
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32934 [0]
Given Kudos: 5778
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Expert Reply
Today’s chat session will start in around 30 minutes, stay tuned
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
We are going to start this chat session in 10 minutes
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 225
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V32
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3
Send PM
Hello Sajjad,
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
bratbg, Hi

Thank you ARINGO for joining, can you please introduce yourself to our audience?

bratbg, Please send your profile

Originally posted by Sajjad1994 on 28 Jun 2021, 09:58.
Last edited by Sajjad1994 on 28 Jun 2021, 10:00, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 65
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
Send PM
GMAT: 700 (Q45, V41)
•Nationality: Indian Female
•Work experience: 4 years in corporate HR and recently made a shift to human capital consulting in a leading professional services firm
•Post Grad: Diploma in HRM (6.11 CQPI)
•Under Grad: Psychology Hons (76.4%)
•Extracurricular : President - theatre club, Mental Wellness Advocate (working on various firm wide initiatives)
•Schools: Oxford, Warwick, Vanderbilt, Emory, Cornell, Darden, Smith (Queens), Manchester
•Short term goal : continue working in human capital consulting, geographical change
•Certifications- change management (nasba), undertook finance and economics online courses to counteract the low quant score

Questions-
1. Between Cornell and Darden which would be better suited for my post mba goals? Both of them seem to have their pluses
2. I’ve extremely debt averse so are there any other schools I should consider where I have a decent shot at scholarships and good employment options
3. Are there any safe schools I should look at given my profile?
4. Since I have no international experience apart from working with international stakeholders, would I be better applying to Cambridge than Oxford given the latter’s focus on int. exp?
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi - I’m Jennie T, CEO at ARINGO MBA Admission Consulting. We specialize in helping clients gain admission to TOP MBA Programs. Today I will try my best to answer as many questions as possible, however, if your question isn’t answered or you have additional questions please reach out to me via email - jenifert@ARINGO.com . We also offer many detailed tools for MBA app prep at https://www.ARINGO.com
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
Welcome Everyone! To the live chat

catechol, Please send your profile

ARINGO, Hi Jennie thank you for joining i will be releasing profiles one by one

Originally posted by Sajjad1994 on 28 Jun 2021, 10:01.
Last edited by Sajjad1994 on 28 Jun 2021, 10:02, edited 1 time in total.
Send PM
Expert Reply
HI sk2020, Great profile!
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
AmarpreetK, Please send your profile
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hello, 
I am planning to retake GMAT(this will be 4th attempt), aiming 750+
I want to know if there are chances to be admitted with a 7.04/10 CGPA, a current score of 680 on my GMAT. 
Also, any help in narrowing down the school list for the same will be a great help. (will be reapplicant in some of the schools- Vanderbilt, ASU, Carlson, Georgiatech, Georgetown, and UT Austin)

26-year-old Indian Engineer Male

Education:
IP University(Btech in Electronics and Communication, passed out in 2016)

Professional Experience:
Post Btech, I started working for an Ed-Tech startup and was heading the operations training program there. Along with day-to-day interactions with students from various schools and negotiating with School representatives.
After working there for 8 months, I joined Accenture Technology where I was loaned as an asset to one of the biggest Telecom Providers in India in handling M&O for them. Responsible for managing a network servicing 25+ million people and saving them more than 10 million$ in revenue by automating the processes. 
Working for approximately 2 years I decided to join my family business - catering to the automobile, plastic, and pharmaceutical sector in India in 2018. 
Leveraged my learnings in helping automate and modernize the 25-year-old business, impacting the bottom line and increasing profit margins as well as helping the existing employees in upskilling themselves.
Because of my keen interest in giving back to the environment, I am also helping various Solar Installation companies to increase their outreach/client base and enhancing their supply chain along the way.

Leadership Experience: As a part of LMF(an NPO) I am responsible for mentor outreach to connect them with students from weaker economic sections of the society.
Also, I was one of the members out of 700 selected from a pool of 22k applicants for the prestigious Jagriti Yatra 2020 leading the baton for energy and sustainability.
Moreover, I am part of a travel group that helps me fund my trips will earning a buck alongside the opportunity of traveling to some of the less explored destinations and meeting new people along the way.

Post-MBA goals:
I want to work in supply chain consulting with a focus on Sustainability so that I can get accelerated learning of the industry and establish a required network.
Long term- come back to India and start a company focusing on servicing the EV industry

Also open to suggestions on how to select colleges.
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
Chat Rules
1. Your posts will not show up immediately. We will publish them as they come in.
2. Do not ask your question twice.
3. Posts will be answered in the order that they arrive in.
4. Incomplete question will be deleted.
5. You can ask any MBA Admissions related question
Send PM
Expert Reply
ARINGO wrote:
HI sk2020, Great profile!
1. Both are great schools, I would certainly apply to both! Both should be offering GMAT waivers this year (cornell yet to publish this, but has mentioned verbally).
2. Best shot for scholarship is where your profile is stronger than the class profile... most of the time this is strongly tied to GMAT score.
3. You can look into Kelley and similar schools.
4. This depends on where you would like to work Post MBA - US or UK, if either, then it is a great opportunity with good visa opportunity in UK
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
MayukhSinha, Please post your profile
Send PM
Expert Reply
bratbg wrote:
Hello, 
I want to know if there are chances to be admitted with a 7.04/10 CGPA, a current score of 680 on my GMAT. 
Also, any help in narrowing down the school list for the same will be a great help. (will be reapplicant in some of the schools- Vanderbilt, ASU, Carlson, Georgiatech, Georgetown, and UT Austin)

Post-MBA goals:
I want to work in supply chain consulting with a focus on Sustainability so that I can get accelerated learning of the industry and establish a required network.
Long term- come back to India and start a company focusing on servicing the EV industry

bratbg, Good school list, 680 is a bit lower than some averages, there is sometimes a hidden expectation that Indian candidates have 700+, so keep this in mind.
Stretch -
ASU, McCombs, Georgia Tech - all expecting 700+
Target-
Carlson, Vanderbilt, Georgetown

Advice - make sure to highlight your family business - this is a big plus for MBA programs, maybe reformat goals to include gaining post-MBA experience, returning to business to implement and either take over or start your own business....
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ARINGO wrote:
bratbg wrote:
Hello, 

Post-MBA goals:

bratbg, Good school list, 680 is a bit lower than some averages, there is sometimes a hidden expectation that Indian candidates have 700+, so keep this in mind.
Stretch -
ASU, McCombs, Georgia Tech - all expecting 700+
Target-
Carlson, Vanderbilt, Georgetown

Advice - make sure to highlight your family business - this is a big plus for MBA programs, maybe reformat goals to include gaining post-MBA experience, returning to business to implement and either take over or start your own business....

Thank you Jennie for your insights. I have 2 follow up questions, if you can address those I will be grateful to you.
So if I show that I will not be sitting for placement opportunities and come back to India post completion of my MBA that will be more sound for colleges? Also, showing that there are chances of entrepreneurial journey ahead might be a good bet(considering family business aspect).

What if I don’t want to come back to my family business?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  63   64   65   66   67   68   69  ...  75