Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:10 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 84 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE:Business Development (Consulting)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink]
i feel so down.. am i only the few who didnt even get an interview?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
Congrats hdcdude, amakelikbe, and 6train! All this action is making me antsy! I know it's been less than 2 weeks for me, but come on come on come on!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Best of luck, Shaselai. The next 2 weeks should see lots of interviews, and admission decisions - hope you get an interview...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Schools:CBS Class of 2013
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Holy crap, guys!

Congrats on your admissions! I have my interview this coming wednesday with someone from admissions. If I get in, definitely looking forward to O-week with you guys.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just a friendly reminder to all who have applied ED to Columbia who are following this thread that you're encouraged to input your information into the group Google spreadsheet so that folks can stay abreast of updates and trends. The more data, the better. Here's the link:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... U94A#gid=0
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Congrats guys :) many got in today it seems......

I just need to confirm, COlumbia does not need official GMAT scores to be sent to them until accepted, right?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Schools:CBS Class of 2013
 Q50  V38
Send PM
They'll ask for the unofficial GMAT score printout (available from PearsonVue). They'll verify the GMAT score (ie, you send official report) if you get in.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Many thanks for the reply
Manager
Manager
3 questions for everyone:

1) How much longer before they switch from phone call acceptances to regular email acceptances?

2) Any thoughts on why jtomaz had interview feedback done yest but not "complete" today or why htc said his online status wouldn't be updated to accepted until mon? Problems with the online status system?

3) On the BW forums someone is also commenting on the interviewer submitting feedback several days ago but no status update...I believe mine also submitted a few days ago but no update...any thoughts on why the 24 hour window to update the status doesn't seem to be the case?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
One other thing:

For those of you who have had interviews...when you go to the link CBS gave to pick an interviewer...sign in....click on interviews....is the screen blank or does it still show your interviewer/your "schedule"? Does this only disappear once the feedback has been submitted?? Like I can no longer view my interviewer's contact info or view my resume that I uploaded...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Have been reading this forum but have not actively posted. Thought I would report I was just accepted into J-Term yesterday. The timeline of my application is below:

7/12: Application Submitted, Printed, and Under Review
8/3: Interview Invite
8/18: Interview Held
8/23: Interview Complete
8/24: Called to Interview With Admissions
9/10: Interview With Admissions and Accepted (later in the day)

A couple of things about the application process...

First, it was very difficult for me to schedule an interview in August. I went through all 9 contacts and everyone was on vacation. Columbia had to reset my account to let me email more people. Once the interview took place though it went well.

Second, a call to interview with admissions seems to be a good thing. It just took a while for me to schedule a time to go in since I was out the country when they called and I did not get back till this week. Since I am based in NYC they said they sometimes like to meet with local applicants and if they had the resources they would actually prefer that admissions interviewed everyone. Also they were interested in knowing more about my boss, possibly as a check on the reference.

Now for the obligatory profile information:
-26 year old white male from the US but with a significant international background
-4 years at a top-3 bulge bracket investment bank
-760 GMAT and decent undergrad record at a top state school
-Solid extracurriculars in undergrad and while working

Finally, in my interview with admissions I got some additional sense for what CBS is looking for and also have a few pointers about what to highlight for the "Why MBA" question. Send me a message if you want me to give you the pointers.

Hope this helps.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management
Schools:UCLA (Applied), ROss (Applied), UNC (Waitlisted), Emory (Waitlisted). mcCombs (Waitlisted), kellogg (Interviewed), Haas (Ding)
GMAT 2: 650 GMAT 3: 730
Send PM
Applying in ED round for CBS

Please update the roll.

-time4mba
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congratulations @financepersoninnyc. Thanks for the update.
Manager
Manager
Can some kind soul take a look at the two posts I posted above and respond with any answers they may have? Thanks guys....
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: INROADS
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General
Schools:YSOM, MSB, CBS
Send PM
How many sections are Columbia first-years divided into?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
WE 1: IB & PE
Send PM
columbiawannabe wrote:
3 questions for everyone:

1) How much longer before they switch from phone call acceptances to regular email acceptances?

2) Any thoughts on why jtomaz had interview feedback done yest but not "complete" today or why htc said his online status wouldn't be updated to accepted until mon? Problems with the online status system?

3) On the BW forums someone is also commenting on the interviewer submitting feedback several days ago but no status update...I believe mine also submitted a few days ago but no update...any thoughts on why the 24 hour window to update the status doesn't seem to be the case?

Posted from my mobile device

Columbiawannabe,

(1) that's anybody's guess. I do believe for at least the next month or so, the admissions committee will continue to phone call admitted students because they simply have the time to do so. Granted, they have received lots of applications already, but as the admissions season continues, and they continue to receive more and more applications, their time will probably be limited, and they won't have time to call everyone once things really hit the fan.

(2) It's only my guess, but I think they typically update the online status system in the mornings or late mornings each day. Some folks got a call on Friday to notify they had been accepted, but because it was later in the day, they're simply waiting until the next workday morning to update the system to reflect those decisions they made the prior workday.

(3) My status didn't go "complete" until 48 hours after my interviewer stated that she had submitted her feedback. I don't think there is a 24 hour window (or any set time frame for that matter) where your status will definitely go "complete." It just depends on when the staff has had a chance to go into the system to update your application, etc.

(4) Finally, yes, after my interviewed submitted her feedback, I couldn't see any more details on my interviewer or schedule. This is normal. Don't worry - your application is being processed and will go "complete" shortly.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@ Phillymba2012, are you also waiting for a final decision?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  51   52   53   54   55  ...  198