Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 17:09 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Columbia Business School '2013
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink]
6train wrote:
The next week is Yom Kippur. Might as well wait until after New Years!

kudos..

come on people..i know some of you have been dinged for j-term..let me know so I don't feel so bad when mine comes..otherwise im pretending that i didn't. okay just want to know who got dinged so that i feel better that i haven't..not to worry..it's coming
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Schools:CBS Class of 2013
 Q50  V38
Send PM
lawgonebusiness wrote:
SaMoCU wrote:
"It's a very good sign. They intend to admit you and just want to clarify something. You are presumably in. Back to the Federer v. Soderling game."

That's great news. But, I guess my follow up question would be what would they want/need to clarify? This would be extremely helpful for me to prepare

Thanks again.

well, go back to your application material to see what are the possible points they may need you clarify. For example, if you are a career switcher, then why. If you have an unusual career goal, what's your rationale and what's your backup plan. things like that.

Fair enough. Will do.
Thanks again. When do you start at CBS?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Some activity! So excited to say, but I just got an interview invite! After receiving the email stating that my status had changed, I was so nervous I had to take a walk before logging in. I submitted 8/9, btw. Good luck to all else who are waiting, hopefully you'll hear soon.
Current Student
Affiliations: CBS '13
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q50  V44
GPA: 3.3 from top 5 ivy
Send PM
vincev84 wrote:
Some activity! So excited to say, but I just got an interview invite! After receiving the email stating that my status had changed, I was so nervous I had to take a walk before logging in. I submitted 8/9, btw. Good luck to all else who are waiting, hopefully you'll hear soon.

congratz! I just updated your status on the spreadsheet.
Manager
Manager
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Congrats on the interview!

Are you interviewing with an alum? How are you preparing?

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I just browsed through some pages of the CBS 2010 discussion board and it seems the first ED admit was on Sept. 24 (novian18). This was followed by another admit on October 2 and a third on October 12. Granted, this was in a year when the candidates couldn't have submitted their applications any earlier than August 16 but it nevertheless suggests that Columbia is under no rush to release admit decisions before the October 6 ED deadline.

Also, on the BW forum, the CBS rep just restated that they aim to give decisions within 8-12 weeks of submission though delays are possible. Although this isn't new information, it's a reminder to those of us who submitted applications in July that we may be getting anxious too quickly. Either get to work on the R1 apps for other schools or plan to wait for R2.

hdcdude - i have no words :(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Some interesting news....Got an email from Mary Miller tonight at around 7:30pm eastern. It said, adcom has begun reviewing my app and would like to speak with me over the phone for 10-15 minutes. (My application went "complete" 8/27)

Based on alot of discussion on this board, I view this as a good sign, but of course this is all just beautiful torture. What does she want to talk about/ask me? Why only 10-15 minutes over the phone? Why not in person?

All questions that can drive a man crazy. But I look forward to having the chance to speak with the boss. Will update everyone once I talk to her of course
Manager
Manager
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Dude, if you had your interview, and it's complete...they may want to talk to you to grant you admission.
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
6train wrote:
Some interesting news....Got an email from Mary Miller tonight at around 7:30pm eastern. It said, adcom has begun reviewing my app and would like to speak with me over the phone for 10-15 minutes. (My application went "complete" 8/27)

Based on alot of discussion on this board, I view this as a good sign, but of course this is all just beautiful torture. What does she want to talk about/ask me? Why only 10-15 minutes over the phone? Why not in person?

All questions that can drive a man crazy. But I look forward to having the chance to speak with the boss. Will update everyone once I talk to her of course

chill man, you are totally in. Is the phone interview tomorrow?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I hope! but is that how they would do it? calling me? I figured it would just be via the website. also, LGB had his interview complete and how to go through an extra step as well. I'm preparing like its a mini-interview at this point
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[quote="lawgonebusiness"][quote="6train"]Some interesting news....Got an email from Mary Miller tonight at around 7:30pm eastern. It said, adcom has begun reviewing my app and would like to speak with me over the phone for 10-15 minutes. (My application went "complete" 8/27)

All questions that can drive a man crazy. But I look forward to having the chance to speak with the boss. Will update everyone once I talk to her of course[/quote]

chill man, you are totally in. Is the phone interview tomorrow?[/quote]

she asked me when i would be available so I just said tonight and tomorrow until my meeting in the afternoon. So I imagine tomorrow.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
In my 13th week now. Waiting.

As posted above, I heard back on the BW forum from Columbia adcom that 12 weeks is a guideline, but not a guarantee, and that decisions can take longer.

What's more, I'm a reapplicant. I applied last year, waited for several weeks, got an interview, which went really well, then my interviewer did not submit a report for 4 straight weeks....and when he did, I was deferred to RD, and then made to wait another 8 weeks, and then dinged. And now, as a re-app, I wait again, 13 weeks and counting. From the time I submitted my first application to Columbia, it's already been 13 months of cumulative waiting!! :?

As a wise person on this board said, serenity now...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@6train, you've had added some welcome intrigue to the week. So much for the Rosh Hashanah hypothesis! good luck with the call!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Lawgone,

I'm under the assumption that my interview with an admissions officer would imply that I'll get an answer (ie, admission or ding) sooner than if I were to have had an interview with an alum. Does that seem right? Also, how soon after your interview did you get in?

Thanks so much
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
SaMoCU wrote:
Lawgone,

I'm under the assumption that my interview with an admissions officer would imply that I'll get an answer (ie, admission or ding) sooner than if I were to have had an interview with an alum. Does that seem right? Also, how soon after your interview did you get in?

Thanks so much

I got in roughly less than 23 hours after my interview with Dean Miller.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
A question and a comment:

Interesting that 10 days later after going complete they have "begun reviewing"....interesting for everyone on the board as far as timing.

Now the question for 6train: any unusual aspects of your background or your application that you can think of?

Good luck!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Other than my weak quant score on the GMAT, not really. I was a finance major in college with high gpa. IB for 2 years, now in PE. So no major career switching. I did however talk about my interest in focusing on business operations and strategy in b-school which isn't probably typical for a PE/IB guy. but thats all i could think of. we'll see
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  49   50   51   52   53  ...  198