Last visit was: 02 May 2024, 06:04 It is currently 02 May 2024, 06:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Ibanking
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy & Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Schools:Georgetown '11
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Strategy & Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia Applicants for 2009! [#permalink]
damn...dinged...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Columbia Business School Class of 2012
Send PM
Anyone going for the admit weekend? I'm still WL-ed but I'd love to meet some of the admits (I'm in NYC).
PM me, if you are...

cheers.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Schools:NYU STERN
Send PM
Kudos
Hi All!

Just had my Columbia interview (I applied the last possible day!) and not really sure what to think. To be honest I think admissions committee interviews like (NYU) are probably a bit more objective. I didn't have much of a choice but to hurry and get an interview since tuition/registration starts soon for other schools and I want an answer ASAP. As a result, I don't think I had the best interviewer for me - and I feel almost like if he would not want to be my "friend" then he probably wouldn't recommend me - he seemed to find it odd that I enjoy decorating cookies and partaking in various craft-related activities haha! Plus he seemed taken aback by the questions I had about student vibe etc.

All in all I did get asked the ETHICS questions but not as most people did where is relates to something at work -but rather he asked me what have I read in the paper lately that I found to be the most interesting ethical dilemma - HELLO WHERE DOES ONE BEGIN THESE DAYS?!!! So i tied it back to my industry which I figured was a bit more neutral of an answer and then ultimately tied it into my work. I am not sure if he liked that but I didn't want to get into calling people greedy or sacrilegious!

I emailed to thank him and said it was great meeting you blah blah blah and asked if he knew about a particular program at the school and I got an email back that said "I don't" - which I don't think is a good sign!

He was a nice guy, I just might have been too much of "myself" for him!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Columbia Business School Class of 2012
Send PM
After months of waitlist trauma, got rejected today. This wraps up my 2009 journey. If someone had told me in 2008 that I won't get a single admit after applying to 6 schools and that I'll be waitlisted twice and that I'll have 4 interview calls...I wouldn't have believed any of it. But looking back, it's all good. I learned a lot and have my priorities very well defined thanks to all the setbacks. I'm determined for a part two hopefully with a better result :-) Columbia's email suggested strongly to reapply and it's only 1 essay. So I'm going to utilize that opportunity and apply for ED and if need be apply to other schools in Round 2.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
praz wrote:
After months of waitlist trauma, got rejected today. This wraps up my 2009 journey. If someone had told me in 2008 that I won't get a single admit after applying to 6 schools and that I'll be waitlisted twice and that I'll have 4 interview calls...I wouldn't have believed any of it. But looking back, it's all good. I learned a lot and have my priorities very well defined thanks to all the setbacks. I'm determined for a part two hopefully with a better result :-) Columbia's email suggested strongly to reapply and it's only 1 essay. So I'm going to utilize that opportunity and apply for ED and if need be apply to other schools in Round 2.

Don't let CBS bring you down! Start the new app year strongly! :-D
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59