Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 13:56 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 13:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Stern '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
WE:Analyst (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke-Fuqua Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Kudos
Good luck to all of the R2 Applicants!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [1]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GRE 1: Q169 V165
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
Also a late "in for R2."

I'll be interviewing at UNC next week and might try to wander around Duke for a while first. Any admitted/current students have tips for what I should do while I'm on campus/in town? I won't be staying overnight but I'd probably have plenty of time both in the morning and early evening.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
spiceguy wrote:
alwayswaiting wrote:
Also a late "in for R2."

I'll be interviewing at UNC next week and might try to wander around Duke for a while first. Any admitted/current students have tips for what I should do while I'm on campus/in town? I won't be staying overnight but I'd probably have plenty of time both in the morning and early evening.

Great question, I am also in the same boat so appreciate any response to the question..

Go visit Duke Gardens (although it will be frozen gardens when you go), Duke Chapel, Fox Center Fuqua and play ping pong. You can also try to check-in to the admissions office and hang out with the adcom.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
Kudos
spiceguy wrote:
alwayswaiting wrote:
Also a late "in for R2."

Great question, I am also in the same boat so appreciate any response to the question..

Try and talk with as many students/club heads/ adcoms as possible . Specially the ones who have the same Post MBA goals/industry preferences as you do. Doing so would help you understand how fuqua has helped them get closer to their goals(so far) . Additionally it will also give you a taste of the very distinct fuqua culture.If you are a fit , such interactions will invariably resonate with some part of your personality , which if leveraged properly can work wonders in your essays .
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Kudos
alwayswaiting wrote:
I just got the email to activate my SISS account today. I'm sitting on "application complete."

Any idea if they send us a notification to check the SISS portal on initial decision day? Or do they just expect us to sit there refreshing the screen every 30 seconds waiting for an update?

Hopefully you'll get a call, but if you don't you can check here to hear from the people who are checking every 30 seconds for an update. I was able to check before they sent out an email. But at the end of the day they do send out an e-mail telling you to check.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
For those wondering about interview invites, in R1, all interview invitations were sent by email ("an application update has been posted" or something like that) about 2 days before the deadline on the website (in this case the deadline is Feb. 4 I think). They were sent all at once around ~1 p.m. EST. Waitlists/Dings were NOT sent until the final decision date. R1 was a bit weird because it also had the open interview period, and some people got "not invited to interview" after they had open-interviewed, which drove some people crazy.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi everyone, now that the Class of 2017 application cycle is one round from being over, I know many of you are debating between offers or just want to learn more about the Fuqua MBA. I'm a current second year MBA student at Duke and maintain a blog that focuses primarily on my MBA experience.

I'd like to "crowdsource" topics for future blog posts from readers of this thread.

I've had readers request I write about some topics in the past, and find that they are more relevant to what readers want to read about. I'd like to open this up to everyone who is reading this thread. I'm graduating in a couple of months, so now is a good time to reflect on what you all want to learn about the experience. You can find my blog here to see what topics have been covered in the past.

Please shoot me a PM and I would be happy to find out what you're curious to learn about the Duke MBA.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kudos
I imagine a handful of us are basically doing this, just with admissions:

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kudos
ThePot wrote:
I made a little countdown (set to 2pm EST) that you guys can stare at while rubbing your hands in frustration, anger, and fury :lol: :-

https://itsalmo.st/#fuquanotificationtime

That's both awesome and yet doesn't help me control my urge to constantly refresh the page.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kudos
Manager
Manager