[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 881: Undefined array key "c_ss"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "193_school_count"
Calling All Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 : Fuqua - Page 16
Last visit was: 26 Jul 2024, 21:03 It is currently 26 Jul 2024, 21:03
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
DI Forum Moderator
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 745 [0]
Given Kudos: 1005
GMAT Focus 1:
645 Q82 V81 DI82
GMAT 1: 430 Q31 V19
GMAT 2: 570 Q44 V25
GMAT 3: 660 Q48 V33
GPA: 3.26
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 126 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 600 Q46 V27
GMAT 2: 640 Q48 V29
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 107
Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
Send PM
Re: Calling All Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
Is it just me or has someone else also not received app fee waiver yet?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 74324 [0]
Given Kudos: 20635
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Calling All Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
ifyouknowyouknow wrote:
Is it just me or has someone else also not received app fee waiver yet?

The fecal application opened a day or two ago. They said that they will reach out as soon as the applications open so maybe by Monday 🤷‍♂️

PS. I did hear back from the Fuqua team last week that they were waiting for the applications to open and then the data team would be able to load everyone in and issue access.
Booth and Haas Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
@bb, what do you advise regarding Fuqua’s Open Interviews? Is there an advantage for partakers?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 74324 [0]
Given Kudos: 20635
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
yellogood wrote:
@bb, what do you advise regarding Fuqua’s Open Interviews? Is there an advantage for partakers?

Well... I think so. I think it is valuable to have the experience. I can see 3 scenarios: 1) You don’t get interview invite, ding 2) Interview invite, but ding after that and 3) interview and admit.

Doing an interview (a number of schools offer interviews to R1 applicants - Tuck does that as well and I think Darden may too), gives you a chance to make an impression, submit another data point that you may not be submitting otherwise, and get interview practice in the worst case, so I would say you should always try to get an interview in... that’s assuming you are decent at it and prep for it :angel:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41 (Online)
GPA: 3.04
Send PM
How much of a role does interview play in deciding the admission? Is it to make sure that what you’ve submitted in writing is same as what you’re speaking and to see how well you communicate and the confidence that you show? Or is there something else to this
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 393 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Send PM
Expert Reply
DroningHangman wrote:
How much of a role does interview play in deciding the admission? Is it to make sure that what you’ve submitted in writing is same as what you’re speaking and to see how well you communicate and the confidence that you show? Or is there something else to this

Hello,
The interview is an essential component of the admissions process for Duke Fuqua’s MBA program, as it provides the admissions committee with valuable insights into the applicants beyond their written materials.

The primary purposes of the interviews are indeed to assess consistency and authenticity, communication skills, interpersonal skills, and fit with the program.

However, it is crucial to note that the interview is just one part of a holistic evaluation process. The committee also considers academic achievements, work experience, letters of recommendation, essays, and other application materials to form a comprehensive view of each applicant. The goal is to admit individuals who not only have strong academic and professional backgrounds but also have the potential to contribute to the Fuqua community and make a positive impact on the MBA program.

We offer a limited number of complimentary profile evaluations each week . We match you with the students and alums of top B-Schools according to your background and target schools. In this call, the experts will try to dig out your USP for top B-schools and provide you with honest feedback on your profile and chances to your target schools.

MBA and Beyond!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Haas '26 (II)
Send PM
Hi, How much is the deposit for Fuqua if admitted in the early round?
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8919 [0]
Given Kudos: 3038
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi, everyone,

We have added a new episode to our GMAT Club Podcast. In this episode, Join Senior Associate Dean, Russ Morgan, for insight into what is new at Duke’s Fuqua School of Business. From a new Diversity, equity, and inclusion concentration to the entire MBA program becoming STEM-designated, Morgan will shed light on the new and exciting things happening in the MBA program.

You can listen to it at the following link the-gmat-club-podcast-what-is-new-at-fuqua-stem-designation-416530.html
DI Forum Moderator
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 745 [0]
Given Kudos: 1005
GMAT Focus 1:
645 Q82 V81 DI82
GMAT 1: 430 Q31 V19
GMAT 2: 570 Q44 V25
GMAT 3: 660 Q48 V33
GPA: 3.26
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Nikhil wrote:
Hi, everyone, We have added a new episode to our GMAT Club Podcast. In this episode, Join Senior Associate Dean, Russ Morgan, for insight into what is new at Duke’s Fuqua School of Business. From a new Diversity, equity, and inclusion concentration to the entire MBA program becoming STEM-designated, Morgan will shed light on the new and exciting things happening in the MBA program. You can listen to it at the following link the-gmat-clu ... 16530.html

Thanks, will definitely tune in :)
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 973 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
nikunj261 wrote:
Hi, How much is the deposit for Fuqua if admitted in the early round?

You are bound to attend Duke, the deposit thing is usually for other schools.

If I understood it correct.

DroningHangman wrote:

Really depends. If you’re talking about early rounds where you get to get the interview anyways, it is slightly less enticing than when you get called for interview. Now, hear me out coz this is an opinion. When admissions team evaluates your application, they have an assumption in the back of their heads- "we liked this profile, so now we got to see other important characteristics" (the ones you mentioned and more). With early rounds, generally, you don’t get that notion. They will be doing it all together. I do agree that when someone who has great communication skills can stand out in these interviews. But so long as you hire the people who know this process well and are able to help you as consultants, you should be fine.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 724 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
DroningHangman wrote:

DroningHangman

As a former interviewer for MBA admissions at a top B-school, I can add that the role of the interview is, by and large, to assess the likeability of the person being considered, although of course, the evaluation criteria will differ slightly by school. And yes, you are right, part of the evaluation of the person being considered is to see if the person is who they say they are in the essays and application. The interview is an opportunity to breathe life into the one-dimensional file of the applicant and to give the B-schools a more personal and vivid picture.

When interviewers evaluate you, they are not necessarily comparing what you say to what you wrote in your application. The main goal is to have a mature dialogue about your motivation for pursuing an MBA and the school and to find out if your personality is a good fit for the program.

From experience, I can say that good interviews do not guarantee admission and bad interviews do not necessarily mean rejection. The admission decision is based on a long, complex, and well-vetted decision-making process.

Best wishes

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, ex MBA admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
I want to understand how slim my chances are with following background. Of course there are several parameters that affect the final admit, however, a general idea would also be great.

26F, Indian
GMAT: 650(V34, Q47) having substantial scope of improvement, preparing for my second attempt in Sept. for 700+
Graduation: B. Tech. - Computer Science (T40 Govt. college India) (First Division; 7.3/10)
Sophomore Year - 9.6/10
Senior High School: Physics, Chemistry, Math Majors(90%)
Current Industry: Operations Management and Global Digital Transformation (JPMorgan Chase & Co.)
Role: Associate (Development/Project Management)
Experience: 4 years (1 Promotion, 1 Change in Role/Responsibility)
Extra-Curricular - Represented Indian Women’s Football Team in AFC Qualifiers(Profession league) have continued with playing for JPMC - InterCompany leagues and local clubs along with my interest in Art (Art Editor for a local magazine)
Post-MBA Industry: Management Consulting
Alternate Career Path: Product Management
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 326 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Calling All Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
IvyRaina wrote:
I want to understand how slim my chances are with following background. Of course there are several parameters that affect the final admit, however, a general idea would also be great.

26F, Indian
GMAT: 650(V34, Q47) having substantial scope of improvement, preparing for my second attempt in Sept. for 700+
Graduation: B. Tech. - Computer Science (T40 Govt. college India) (First Division; 7.3/10)
Sophomore Year - 9.6/10
Senior High School: Physics, Chemistry, Math Majors(90%)
Current Industry: Operations Management and Global Digital Transformation (JPMorgan Chase & Co.)
Role: Associate (Development/Project Management)
Experience: 4 years (1 Promotion, 1 Change in Role/Responsibility)
Extra-Curricular - Represented Indian Women’s Football Team in AFC Qualifiers(Profession league) have continued with playing for JPMC - InterCompany leagues and local clubs along with my interest in Art (Art Editor for a local magazine)
Post-MBA Industry: Management Consulting
Alternate Career Path: Product Management

IvyRaina, thanks for sharing the details. Some points from an initial review:

1. The academic record is alright: GPA is a tad lower, but a strong GMAT score (in line with your target, ideally 710-720+) can alleviate concerns here.

2. The professional arc is interesting, given the JPMC brand and promotion. Would like to understand specific projects/ achievements and your learnings in more details to assess the strength of the professional experience.

3. Given your post-MBA goals of Management Consulting and PM, it's key to highlight both your transferrable skills and motivation ("why Consulting/ PM"). There could be overlaps in skill-sets between your current/ past and target roles e.g. data analysis, project management, stakeholder management, etc. However it's important to have specific anecdotes from your experiences, to make the transition sound (and be) more likely.

4. Understanding the target sectors in-depth can help: starting with just looking at the JDs of your target roles (to understand the required skills), or speaking to alumni in these sectors. Also have a strong rationale for why MBA and why Fuqua i.e. what are the specific resources that the MBA/ Fuqua can offer that would help achieve your goals.

5. ECs are strong, particularly the national involvement in AFC, and the position at the art magazine. Aim to have detailed anecdotes around these experiences, highlighting both the specific achievements and your learnings.

While we can't predict outcomes, improving your GMAT score to your target score (or higher), and having a strong application (CV, Essays, Motivations, etc.) would place you in a good position.

Hope this helps a bit. Feel free to reach out for a deeper chat.

Regards,
Arvind
HEC Paris MBA alum, Admissions interviewer
W:https://admitstreet.com | E: consultingteam@admitstreet.com
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 120
Send PM
Need a advice: i have 6.8 gpa and graduated from tier 1 college in india. Gmat score 730. Should i write an optional essay for “questionable acedemic performance”?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41 (Online)
GPA: 3.04
Send PM
I’d definielty do that...I have a 7.6/10 GPA and I’m planning to use the optional essay section
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 326 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Beingstoic wrote:
Need a advice: i have 6.8 gpa and graduated from tier 1 college in india. Gmat score 730. Should i write an optional essay for “questionable acedemic performance”?

Yes. You would want to alleviate any (even possible/ minor) concerns.

Regards,
Arvind
HEC Paris MBA alum, Admissions interviewer
W:https://admitstreet.com| E: consultingteam@admitstreet.com
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Haas '26 (II)
Send PM
Businessconquerer wrote:
You are bound to attend Duke, the deposit thing is usually for other schools.

So no deposit to confirm my seat? For example for darden its 4k
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  14   15   16   17   18  ...  73   
Moderator:
Haas & Fuqua Moderator
53 posts