[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 881: Undefined array key "c_ss"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "199_school_count"
Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 : Stern - Page 34
Last visit was: 26 Jul 2024, 20:13 It is currently 26 Jul 2024, 20:13
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
GRE 1: Q161 V155
GPA: 3.59
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GRE 1: Q169 V166
GPA: 8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
aasdf1234 wrote:
I applied with a waiver for the Tech MBA - got a reject without interview yesterday. Best of luck to you all!

Same for me ^
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
JBSchool wrote:
So you are spreading misinformation because you are not hopeful? Come on man.

🙂🙂🫣
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Mardin wrote:
I got waiver and l will apply for last round, for full time regular MBA but l am not so hopefull after all what l have heard from people.

I can share my experience as I did not get in with the waiver. With basically the same profile , applied R2 year prior. This year I applied with the GMAT and I’m in . (Applied R1)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [2]
Given Kudos: 114
GMAT 1: 690 Q38 V46
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.49
WE:Human Resources (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Kudos
JBSchool wrote:
That is inaccurate. There are plenty of examples of students getting in with the waiver and the published class stats show ~10% of students were admitted with a waiver. Posted from my mobile device

Yes, students do get in with waivers. I highly recommend talking to someone in admissions at the school you are applying to because different schools treat waivers differently. T-15 schools that accept waivers usually admit fewer than 10% of their class with waivers. I’ve attended multiple events at Cornell and Stern and they both accept waivers, but if you listen to the admissions officers, they both make it clear that waivers are NOT for everyone, and they emphasize this point a lot. Both mentioned that they want you to have some other evidence that you have strong quant skills. They also emphasized that you should consider whether a GMAT waiver aligns with your stated career goal. For example, if your career goal is to work in IB (or consulting if you want to do MBB or Big 4) a GMAT waiver will be a red flag, because recruiters for those industries will want to see a GMAT score anyway. On the other hand, it might not matter so much for Tech or Healthcare. On the other other hand, I attended a session at Simon (Rochester) and they seemed much more relaxed about waivers.

Unsaid, but likely also true for all schools, is that they probably want a high TOEFL score from international students who use a waiver. And they probably have higher GPA expectations from students who want waivers (it makes it easier to say "I’m smart I just don’t test well"). Also unsaid, GMAT waivers are probably disproportionately given to people who fill a diversity slot of some kind (not just racial, but also not traditional work backgrounds, gender, geographic, 1st gen, 1st gen college, etc.). Also also, I’ve heard this hinted at by some admissions officers, waivers are likely disproportionately given to applicants with company sponsorships. Company sponsorships are basically a guarantee that you will complete the program on time and get a job immediately after graduating, which helps their stats.

As with any one piece of the application, if you’re weak in one area, it likely just means you need to be stronger in other areas. So you’re not submitting a GMAT score. That doesn’t mean you won’t get in, but it does mean your GPA needs to be higher than people who do submit a good score, your career accomplishments need to be better than people who submit a good score. Maybe it’s an extra incentive to try to get sponsored. And if you don’t fit those criteria, you might want to reevaluate whether a waiver is the right path for you. I got a 540 on my first practice test and a 750 on my second time taking the real thing, so it is possible to improve your scores.

I have also heard that some admissions officers say that they are able to look at scores after the admissions round is over, and that they sometimes discover that students who don’t submit scores actually would have been better off submitting a below average score than requesting a waiver.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you for the details..
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10213 [0]
Given Kudos: 4553
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
REMINDER! Join us with NYU Stern Adcom and Alum on YouTube

Join us on YouTube with Lindsay Loyd (Executive Director of MBA Admissions at NYU) and Tibby Iz (NYU '17) as they share valuable insights into NYU's MBA program and how Sternies have leveraged their networks to advance their career journeys.

You are welcome to ask your questions about NYU’s MBA program, applications, and other questions to Lindsay and Tibby in the session.

YouTube Link: https://gmatclub.com/forum/redirect.php?id=9f832ouirq

See you in the session!­­­
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GRE 1: Q166 V160
GPA: 2.95
Send PM
uluwatufrenzy wrote:
Stern R3 interview invites are sent until early March right?

+1 ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
Send PM
Just got an update from Stern. I got waitlisted officially today 2/29/24. I applied R3 for Stern, Consortium (Round 2) on 1/5/24.

Any insight on general waitlist outlook appreciated :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
same here, got the update, waitlisted
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
RNJayMBA wrote:
Just got an update from Stern. I got waitlisted officially today 2/29/24. I applied R3 for Stern, Consortium (Round 2) on 1/5/24.

With or without interview?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
Send PM
Without interview :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GRE 1: Q161 V155
GPA: 3.59
Send PM
RNJayMBA wrote:

:)

­Did you submit a gre or gmat? or apply with a waiver?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GRE 1: Q169 V166
GPA: 8
Send PM
no update here :/
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
I was rejected today with waiver. No interview. I wish they rejected my waiver request in the first place so that I could work on a test score potentially to help my chances....a bit frustrating
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Anyone log onto the Stern portal and it says that they've been accepted? I did not interview for the record.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
I didn't receive any email from Stern today, but I decided to open the portal to see my application status and it says I was accepted... which is weird considering I didn't even interview yet... guess something went wrong on their side...­
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM

aceellis wrote:
Anyone log onto the Stern portal and it says that they've been accepted? I did not interview for the record.

­Also happened to me. But if you click on "Find your Offer of Admissions Here" you will be redirected to the original portal with an error that says there are no updates.  
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36  ...  52