[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 881: Undefined array key "c_ss"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "199_school_count"
Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 : Stern - Page 35
Last visit was: 26 Jul 2024, 20:17 It is currently 26 Jul 2024, 20:17
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V44
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GRE 1: Q161 V155
GPA: 3.59
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
JBSchool wrote:
nicolasskow wrote:
aceellis wrote:
Anyone log onto the Stern portal and it says that they've been accepted? I did not interview for the record.

­Also happened to me. But if you click on "Find your Offer of Admissions Here" you will be redirected to the original portal with an error that says there are no updates.  

Mine is back to the “Your application is complete and currently under review” screen.

Posted from my mobile device

­Same here. Mine is also back to the original screen. 
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
anyone get rejected without email?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT Focus 1:
615 Q84 V82 DI76
GMAT Focus 2:
675 Q86 V83 DI82
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.63
Send PM
Franky55 wrote:
I was rejected today with waiver. No interview. I wish they rejected my waiver request in the first place so that I could work on a test score potentially to help my chances....a bit frustrating

I sympathize with you, but applying for a waiver was your choice. They do not recommend applying for a waiver if you think the rest of your application is not strong enough. If waiver approval was indicative of acceptance, nobody would give the exam.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Kudos
Not everyone is approved for waiver. They approve it when they see that your GPA/academics are good enough w/o the standardized test. So when they approve the test waiver, we expect them to look at the application w/o holding any biases for the ones who submitted scores. And if they have those biases, they should not be having waivers in the first place
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT Focus 1:
695 Q88 V85 DI80 (Online)
Send PM
Bee2023 wrote:
Not everyone is approved for waiver. They approve it when they see that your GPA/academics are good enough w/o the standardized test. So when they approve the test waiver, we expect them to look at the application w/o holding any biases for the ones who submitted scores. And if they have those biases, they should not be having waivers in the first place

IMHO, waiver they see individually and provide based on the criteria you mentioned, when it comes to application, they compare the application with other potential candidate. Hence waiver is individually evaluated and application is comparative
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
rohitk101 wrote:
IMHO, waiver they see individually and provide based on the criteria you mentioned, when it comes to application, they compare the application with other potential candidate. Hence waiver is individually evaluated and application is comparative

Agreed. And getting approved for waiver should not be taken against you when compared with others’ applications.
Intern
Intern
GMAT Focus 1:
Send PM
Bee2023 wrote:
Agreed. And getting approved for waiver should not be taken against you when compared with others’ applications.

ideally be the case, but here other metrics should be good enough as compare to others. This year what I have heard that lots of applicants applied and they have good candidates pool
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GRE 1: Q161 V155
GPA: 3.59
Send PM
rohitk101 wrote:
Bee2023 wrote:

ideally be the case, but here other metrics should be good enough as compare to others. This year what I have heard that lots of applicants applied and they have good candidates pool

Yea you would think they would look at waiver vs none waiver applications in parity, but from the amount of people who have indicated they have a waiver vs the lack there of people who have received interviews with a waiver, that does not seem to be the case.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Send PM
There was news that the test scores will get completely eliminated from the process which I think is untrue because schools are competing with one another for rankings and school score median/mean is also a key factor

n from my experience no matter what schools say, they crave for a high score. Their structured answers such as - scores are a part of your application, is a lie

It’s unfortunate that your capabilities are evaluated on the data of the past or the present (gmat, undergrad) but what choice do they have to gauge your fit right? Yea it hurts to get rejected though they granted a test waiver, I do understand how it feels. Take sometime to process this and take action on the things that are under your control
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I would’ve expected an interview invite to be likely once given a waiver, considering they already have reviewed your resume, transcripts, and reasoning. Then they encourage us to apply and pay $250 for the full app. Wouldn’t be as upset if rejection came after the interview

It is what it is I guess…
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
I have been admitted to another reputed MBA College in my country, but my priority is Stern.

I am being expected to remit some committment fee to the college (non-refundable), in order to secure my position in that college.

Should I mail NYU Stern requesting for an expedited process? In order to avoid paying that committment fee?
Intern
Intern
GMAT Focus 1:
Send PM
anon0211 wrote:
I have been admitted to another reputed MBA College in my country, but my priority is Stern. I am being expected to remit some committment fee to the college (non-refundable), in order to secure my position in that college. Should I mail NYU Stern requesting for an expedited process? In order to avoid paying that committment fee?

did u get interview invite?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Send PM
Franky55 wrote:
It is what it is I guess…

Yeah
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
rohitk101 wrote:
did u get interview invite?

Nope. No interview invite
Intern
Intern
Send PM
anon0211 wrote:
I have been admitted to another reputed MBA College in my country, but my priority is Stern. I am being expected to remit some committment fee to the college (non-refundable), in order to secure my position in that college. Should I mail NYU Stern requesting for an expedited process? In order to avoid paying that committment fee?

I think you should speak with your Admissions counselor. He/she would be in the best position to advise you on this matter
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
anon0211 wrote:
I have been admitted to another reputed MBA College in my country, but my priority is Stern.

I am being expected to remit some committment fee to the college (non-refundable), in order to secure my position in that college.

Should I mail NYU Stern requesting for an expedited process? In order to avoid paying that committment fee?

Instead of emailing NYU Stern and asking for an expedited decision, you should email the MBA program where you have secured admission and ask for extended timeline to make the commitment fee. You could cite the reason for same as making arrangements for the fee is taking longer.

Best,
Divesh Chellani
Founder & Managing Consultant
https://Top100MBA.Club
WAPP:+912231989175

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT Focus 1:
615 Q84 V82 DI76
GMAT Focus 2:
675 Q86 V83 DI82
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.63
Send PM
Franky55 wrote:
I would’ve expected an interview invite to be likely once given a waiver, considering they already have reviewed your resume, transcripts, and reasoning. Then they encourage us to apply and pay $250 for the full app. Wouldn’t be as upset if rejection came after the interview

This explanation shows that you haven’t understood the process. If getting a waiver implied your chances of getting an interview were higher, why even bother submitting the rest of your application. Whatever they asked you for the waiver should’ve been enough to interview you. But that isn’t the case. If you had a score and you think it would’ve changed the strength of your application, should’ve submitted it. The people who give the GMAT multiple times and work towards that score aren’t doing it to pass their time, it does help your application.

Another point is you’re assuming you were denied because of your waiver. The way I see it, even though you had something strong that qualified you for a waiver, someone else’s application was stronger. Don’t beat yourself up for opting for a waiver.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  33   34   35   36   37  ...  52