[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 881: Undefined array key "c_ss"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "199_school_count"
Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 : Stern - Page 33
Last visit was: 26 Jul 2024, 20:56 It is currently 26 Jul 2024, 20:56
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1443 [0]
Given Kudos: 583
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GRE 1: Q157 V152
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
1 month left till notification, seems unlikely to get II? or is this the way for them to give out rejections + waitlist?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
jp26042604 wrote:
1 month left till notification, seems unlikely to get II? or is this the way for them to give out rejections + waitlist?

­I don't think the wait means you are waitlisted or rejected. They send invites on a rolling basis and the deadline is April 1st, so they kinda are on scheduele...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Schools: Stern '26 (A)
GRE 1: Q160 V169
Send PM
anne_123 wrote:
runllamarun wrote:
I interviewed on Wednesday (2/21) for the Full Time MBA program, and I just checked my portal and it no longer says "Your application is complete and currently under review with the Admissions Committee," it only says "If you need to contact us regarding your application, please provide your name and this reference number XXX." Does this mean anything? It’s only been two days since my interview so I know that I need to calm down, but it’s hard not to read into everything.

Do you mind sharing the questions you were asked?

­Yes, I would say that the interview questions were very aligned with everything I saw in other's interview reports. It was very informal, conversational, and supportive. 

We started by talking about something in my Pick Six, and then she asked questions about my employment history and journey (I come from a non-traditional background, so there was a lot to discuss in that regard). She asked about my recruiting plan and also the things I would want to take advantage of at Stern. 

Make sure you come in with some pre-planned questions for the end! 
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Hi Everyone, l got GMAT waiver for R4. Worked in a noname investment bank over 4 years, now working as business development in a tech startup l would like to go back inv banking or Private Equity. I live in NYC if you have any suggestions l would apprexciate
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10213 [0]
Given Kudos: 4553
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
­­Join us with NYU Stern Adcom and Alum on YouTube, Thursday, Feb 29, 11am NY / 4pm London / 9:30pm Mumbai

Join us for an insightful webinar with Lindsay Loyd (Executive Director of MBA Admissions at NYU) and Tibby Iz (NYU '17) as they share the importance of mentorship and relationship building in the professional world, and how Sternies have leveraged their networks to advance their career journeys.

Registration Link: https://gmatclub.com/mba-spotlight/?event_id=114

See you in the session!­
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GRE 1: Q161 V155
GPA: 3.59
Send PM
Has anyone with a waiver received an interview invite from R3?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
Send PM
Have not yet received an invite R3. Still waiting :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT Focus 1:
695 Q88 V85 DI80 (Online)
Send PM
same here
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 650 Q47 V35
Send PM
I applied with a waiver for the Tech MBA - got a reject without interview yesterday. Best of luck to you all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT Focus 1:
695 Q88 V85 DI80 (Online)
Send PM
aasdf1234 wrote:
I applied with a waiver for the Tech MBA - got a reject without interview yesterday. Best of luck to you all!

you received email?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
honestly if u look at past cycles, gmat waiver seems to be the issue for no interview invites and tend to be waitlisted. Should just post your gmat then
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 126 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Send PM
Anyone applied in R3 still waiting to hear back?

I applied on the last day Oct 18, and it has been so long now. No idea if I should keep my hope up
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
aasdf1234 wrote:

I thought they didn’t allow Tech MBAs to post their GMAT this year? Thought they dropped it

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
My understanding no one gets acceptance without GMAT. Schools just give waiver to increase the number of the applicants and make more money from applications fee

Sorry for being pessimistic
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
But that’s not ethical
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Mardin wrote:
My understanding no one gets acceptance without GMAT. Schools just give waiver to increase the number of the applicants and make more money from applications fee

This is true for the full time MBA, there is no option to submit a GMAT for the tech MBA this year is my understanding. I asked several adcoms about this and they said if you can waive the gmat pls waive. It’s not meant to trick you

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GRE 1: Q161 V155
GPA: 3.59
Send PM
Mardin wrote:

That is inaccurate. There are plenty of examples of students getting in with the waiver and the published class stats show ~10% of students were admitted with a waiver.

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  31   32   33   34   35  ...  52