[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 881: Undefined array key "c_ss"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "211_school_count"
Calling all Oxford Said MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 : Said - Page 32
Last visit was: 26 Jul 2024, 20:38 It is currently 26 Jul 2024, 20:38
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT Focus 1:
615 Q84 V82 DI76
GMAT Focus 2:
675 Q86 V83 DI82
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.63
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 111
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE:Analyst (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Oxford Said MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Thank you everyone, for your lovely supportive messages. I got an admit as well
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Re: Calling all Oxford Said MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
mba7sal wrote:
Is there a https://gmatclub.com/chat group or something for admitted students?

There is a slack group for admitted students. You’ll receive the link from Oxford once you pay the deposit!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Please is there anyone that hasn’t heard back at all. I haven’t received any update( negative or positive). Nothing on my portal either. Is this normal?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.36
Send PM
Congratulations to all the admits! I have created a group on Meta’s green messaging app (not official)- feel free to DM your numbers and I will add you! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
Send PM
Hi all.
Got admitted. But it is heartening to see others helping out others especially to those who didn’t. Congratulations to all admits and all the very best to others. I’m sure it’ll only be a start to something better. Stay happy and keep moving.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT Focus 1:
575 Q79 V78 DI78
Send PM
There’s an update on the portal where they’re asking for acceptance of offer and college preference. Any idea if choosing a college effects any college related funding?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
mashedpotato wrote:
There’s an update on the portal where they’re asking for acceptance of offer and college preference. Any idea if choosing a college effects any college related funding? Posted from my mobile device

Same question
And does accepting the offer right away changes scholarship chances (reduce?)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Angs9898 wrote:
mashedpotato wrote:
There’s an update on the portal where they’re asking for acceptance of offer and college preference. Any idea if choosing a college effects any college related funding? Posted from my mobile device

Same question
And does accepting the offer right away changes scholarship chances (reduce?)

How is it even relevant
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT Focus 1:
685 Q88 V82 DI82
WE:Corporate Finance (Finance)
Send PM
Hi Folks,

This post is not meant to discourage anyone from accepting the offer from the amazing Oxford Said.

I am writing this to check if anyone here wants to counter my thoughts here.

One of the main reason for me to do an MBA is to stay in the west as my US visa is expiring. I can get 50 lacs in India without the MBA. Now that I want to work in UK after the Said MBA program, I am seeing a ton of Indian Alums from Said Business school who are back in India. In fact majority of Alums are working in India if I trust my 2 hours of Linkedin research. Is this possibly because UK employers don’t sponsor work visas??

This makes me nervous about accepting an offer from a UK school given I have an offer from a Canadian one which offers 100% PR assurance as it is part of a PNP program.

Any thoughts?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
IndianinTexas wrote:
Hi Folks,

This post is not meant to discourage anyone from accepting the offer from the amazing Oxford Said.

I am writing this to check if anyone here wants to counter my thoughts here.

One of the main reason for me to do an MBA is to stay in the west as my US visa is expiring. I can get 50 lacs in India without the MBA. Now that I want to work in UK after the Said MBA program, I am seeing a ton of Indian Alums from Said Business school who are back in India. In fact majority of Alums are working in India if I trust my 2 hours of Linkedin research. Is this possibly because UK employers don’t sponsor work visas??

This makes me nervous about accepting an offer from a UK school given I have an offer from a Canadian one which offers 100% PR assurance as it is part of a PNP program.

Any thoughts?

I think you should get in touch with them and speak to them. There is a mix of people in India and UK (from my research on LinkedIn and speaking to people). So the reason may not be that employers in general are not sponsoring work visas. But then again it might be different for different industries. Hence, the best way to get an answer to your question is to speak to alums in the industry you want to recruit for.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hi, got an admit as well. Is anyone here researching student loans?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT Focus 1:
575 Q79 V78 DI78
Send PM
Kudos
RR712 wrote:
Hi, got an admit as well. Is anyone here researching student loans?

­Yes! Look into Prodigy Finance if you're an international student.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mashedpotato wrote:
Yes! Look into Prodigy Finance if you’re an international student.

I did, and also asked a few recipients. They are sharing mixed experiences. Do you have any direct personal experience with them?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT Focus 1:
695 Q90 V88 DI76
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Kudos
Don’t, although they will offer you the money the term will not be favourable for you

it can go as high as 16-17%

maybe beyond that sometimes
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Thank you for the information

Does anyone know if contacting the admission committee and telling them about a counter offer will accelerate the scholarship decision or not?

By counter offer I mean admissions offer from another top b-school
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
I don’t think so. Scholarship depends on multiple factor & profile not by persuading..

They informed that by 26 March it will be published
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT Focus 1:
615 Q84 V82 DI76
GMAT Focus 2:
675 Q86 V83 DI82
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.63
Send PM
Did anyone else get an email about a Chicago conference in June?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  30   31   32   33   34  ...  42   
Moderator:
Judge, Said, and Bocconi Moderator
109 posts