Last visit was: 07 May 2024, 20:40 It is currently 07 May 2024, 20:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 77
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 97
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Re: Calling all Oxford Said MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
natyomatcha What was your GMAT score? And what was your quant score?

I have heard business schools sometimes do ask candidates to retake GMAT.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [1]
Given Kudos: 91
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT Focus 1:
645 Q83 V84 DI79
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
Calling all Oxford Said MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi guys, I wanted to confirm for the video interviews, is this accurate:

We get 45s to prepare for Questions 1-3 : First 2 questions 1.5 minutes to answer (questions are same for all candidates), 3rd question randomized behavioural 1 minute to answer, 4th question 5 minutes to answer written on a random topic.

First 2 questions are (1) Why MBA, Why now (2) Why oxford specifically.

If someone could confirm then that would be awesome!!

TIA­
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V37
Send PM
Re: Calling all Oxford Said MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
pretty much yeah - 45sec -1 minutes to prepare (you shouldnt need this for the first 2 motive questions since you have prepared).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
Timings are correct afaik. To be honest, there is not much that you ’need’ to prepare unless even the why MBA and why Oxford are not prepared yet. Surely go through the typical behavioral questions but again, during Kira the time you’ll have available is more to rehearse or plan your thoughts.

What you definitely need to keep in mind is, allow at least one day of leeway in submitting your essays. Application is not considered complete until Kira is completed, and if you are submitting essays at the last minute, there might be a risk
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 91
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT Focus 1:
645 Q83 V84 DI79
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
Cool, thanks for the inputs! critically I wanted to gauge how long we need to answer the first 3 questions. 90s, 90s, 60s gives an indication that need to be concise...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V37
Send PM
3 points each should be sufficient - you can only touch on them. A proper why oxford would probably takes 3-4 minutes. 60s goes by very quickly for a behavioural question - so be succinct is most important, since they are mainly assessing your speaking skills here and, to a lesser degree, the content.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Are there any chats/groups for admits? Thanks

Posted from my mobile device
Judge, Said, and Bocconi Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 720 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.85
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Calling all Oxford Said MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Guys now that R2 is over and everyone should have received an update: would you be so kind to update your admission status and stats in your profile? ("My Schools" section) This would be invaluably precious for your future peers looking to join the program, as they will so have an idea of the pool of candidates :)­
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Hi.
Please help me with this. While the popular 'optimistic' view is that college selection does not affect extra-curricular opportunities available for the MBA class, I was wondering if there could be some college-specific opportunities.

*Honestly, have done enough research for the MBA season (can't do more), so looking to capitalize on the research of good samaritans*
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GRE 1: Q155 V164
Send PM
MrWhite wrote:

We get 45s to prepare for Questions 1-3 : First 2 questions 1.5 minutes to answer (questions are same for all candidates), 3rd question randomized behavioural 1 minute to answer, 4th question 5 minutes to answer written on a random topic.

TIA­

­Hi following this, can anyone share their experiences with the KIRA platform if their answers exceed 90 sec or shorter say at 60 sec mark? I presume if one exceeds the timing, you will be cut off while if you ended earlier, the platform would probably just keep rolling until 90 sec is up. Is that correct? My timed practice so far indicates a response of around 60 - 70 sec.  
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 9.07
Send PM
Cringes wrote:
MrWhite wrote:

TIA­

­Hi following this, can anyone share their experiences with the KIRA platform if their answers exceed 90 sec or shorter say at 60 sec mark? I presume if one exceeds the timing, you will be cut off while if you ended earlier, the platform would probably just keep rolling until 90 sec is up. Is that correct? My timed practice so far indicates a response of around 60 - 70 sec.  

­
I generally tried to hit the 85 second mark. Even if my content for the question would have been 60 to 70s, I used to slow down by pace than usual and also keep gap/pause (not too long) between sentences while monitoring the time to increase the timing to 85 seconds. This helped to look like a full answer utilizing complete timing.

Though I did not achieve success with Oxford application (may or may not be due to KIRA video essay) , this helped me with other KIRA video essays too.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yes the platform will simply cut off and stop the recording.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GRE 1: Q155 V164
Send PM
Many thanks for the kind reply. Been practicing on the platform itself and noticed that the practice sessions are now at 1 min response time and 2 min for essay writing. Do these reflect the actual experience ie 1 min response time and 2 min for essay writing? For the latter, how much word is reasonable? I have tried a few rounds and with 2 min, I can only write about 75-100 words without much time to proof read.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 9.07
Send PM
Cringes wrote:
Many thanks for the kind reply. Been practicing on the platform itself and noticed that the practice sessions are now at 1 min response time and 2 min for essay writing. Do these reflect the actual experience ie 1 min response time and 2 min for essay writing? For the latter, how much word is reasonable? I have tried a few rounds and with 2 min, I can only write about 75-100 words without much time to proof read.

­
My bad, 90 seconds is for IESE. For Oxford video essay, it is indeed 60 seconds.

For Written essay, I would recommend to target atleast 250 words. In my question, it was explicitly mentioned to explain in not less than 200 words.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 9
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
https://gmatclub.com/chat group of admitted students?

I mean what$app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dm your number
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Is there any group for admitted students?
Sorry if this is a repeat question.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36  ...  40   
Moderator:
Judge, Said, and Bocconi Moderator
105 posts