Last visit was: 31 Aug 2024, 19:48 It is currently 31 Aug 2024, 19:48
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [2]
Given Kudos: 69
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling all Oxford Said MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Kudos
Admitted!

Congratulations everyone. This group has been a source of support, so thank you. :)

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Oxford Said MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Aditya_Shiv wrote:
Well we are not really talking about rejections. I would like to share my 2 cents on this platform.

Just relax in case if your application has been rejected. By no means the college has rejected "YOU". Hence do not take it personally.

I feel that as much as talent and effort is important, there is some amount of luck/fate/destiny involved in every activity. If this did not come in your favour then hold on ! the best is yet to come. Who knows you might be looking back and thinking that this was the best think that ever happened to you.

Cheers and I wish everyone luck in all their endeavours.

Completely agree. Better things ahead.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Got an admit
Congratulations to everyone else!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT Focus 1:
575 Q79 V78 DI78
Send PM
Got an offer!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
sim2011 wrote:
Aditya_Shiv wrote:
Well we are not really talking about rejections. I would like to share my 2 cents on this platform.

Just relax in case if your application has been rejected. By no means the college has rejected "YOU". Hence do not take it personally.

I feel that as much as talent and effort is important, there is some amount of luck/fate/destiny involved in every activity. If this did not come in your favour then hold on ! the best is yet to come. Who knows you might be looking back and thinking that this was the best think that ever happened to you.

Yes I am one of the unlucky guys. I am self shocked. Unable to digest this rejection since my interview went pretty well (taken by external counsellor). And this was my last option and put a pin to the coffin of my international MBA dream. Wish you all the best. It will take a few days for me to get out of this shock.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: LBS '26 (S)
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Kudos
alankar70 wrote:
Yes I am one of the unlucky guys. I am self shocked. Unable to digest this rejection since my interview went pretty well (taken by external counsellor). And this was my last option and put a pin to the coffin of my international MBA dream. Wish you all the best. It will take a few days for me to get out of this shock.

Think about all the effort you put in and all the materials you have on hand to support next round of apps. Keep applying!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 195
GMAT 1: 470 Q27 V28
GMAT 2: 590 Q43 V28
GMAT 3: 600 Q39 V34
Send PM
Hey guys can u please drop the names of the Admissions consultants you used for the oxford ot Cambridge applications?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT Focus 1:
695 Q90 V88 DI76
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Or if yall can recommend sources/ consultants/ other resources
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT Focus 1:
685 Q88 V82 DI82
WE:Corporate Finance (Finance)
Send PM

Sandeep.saini wrote:
Or if yall can recommend sources/ consultants/ other resources

My 2 cents: Attend webinars (and recordings) hosted by these schools, talk to a few alumni and current students on LinkedIn, and use ChatGPT solely for grammar and spell checks on your essays. As long as you have a clear understanding of your career goals, the importance of an MBA to achieve those goals, and the ability to demonstrate coachability, you will be okay.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.92
Send PM
alankar70 wrote:

I can imagine what you must be going through, I was in same boat last year. My advice to you would be, focus on improving your profile and re-apply next year. This is subjective but I feel good admission consultant can help to greatest extent :) in my case admission consultant helped me to revise the complete story (authentic though) and prepped me nicely for interviews.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Actually i have done all that.Perhaps being on the higher side of age 34+, and seeking a career in investment banking perhaps was not reasonable for the admission committee. I have no choice but to abandon my MBA journey now, for new candidates do make sure your age criteria is met else you will end up wasting a full year in preperation and applications like me.

Judge, Said, and Bocconi Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 720 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.85
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
IndianinTexas wrote:
Kudron wrote:
MayaT wrote:
got the offer in the portal , but no email yet, anyone else has the same issue?

­I remember that when I was admitted I received the congratulations email after some time. I think the portal is updated automatically, where they have to manually send the email to everyone­

So yes, don't freak out :) Portal is what actually counts

­Do you mind sharing how long did it take for you to receive a scholarship decision?

­You should receive in some time an email where they will state in which week they'll release scholarship decisions 
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 720 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.85
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Calling all Oxford Said MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
alankar70 wrote:
Actually i have done all that.Perhaps being on the higher side of age 34+, and seeking a career in investment banking perhaps was not reasonable for the admission committee. I have no choice but to abandon my MBA journey now, for new candidates do make sure your age criteria is met else you will end up wasting a full year in preperation and applications like me.

I am sorry for your rejection. The sad truth is that unfortunately the job market is really though, especially for very competitive roles such as IB. From my experience, Said places a great focus on career objectives and their feasibility, and maybe they believed they couldn't really help you get the career you're seeking. Have you considered anything else besides Investment Banking?­
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [0]
Given Kudos: 140
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
GRE 1: Q163 V162
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
alankar70 wrote:
Actually i have done all that.Perhaps being on the higher side of age 34+, and seeking a career in investment banking perhaps was not reasonable for the admission committee. I have no choice but to abandon my MBA journey now, for new candidates do make sure your age criteria is met else you will end up wasting a full year in preperation and applications like me. Posted from my mobile device

If I’m honest, I think that’s pretty much what I think is the sticking point for you, mate. It’s the change of industry to a high-pressure, high intensity one at a relatively advanced age. It will probably be difficult to get a job in a major investment banking firm unless you already have some ties. I don’t think Oxford would have an issue with your age in general (I’m only a couple of years younger than you are).

I believe they would also have an issue with my pursuing consulting at this age but I was very clear that I was looking at specific companies (rather than just wanting to be at MBB) and had alternative roles that made sense on paper.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V29
Send PM
Kudos
alankar70 wrote:

I would advise to not give up. I have just been admitted and I am 35 Yo. My post MBA project was more about Entrepreneurship (A) or Private Equity position (my pre-MBA industry). In my opinion you should work with a consult by that will help you to story your story and make it more appealing, under the condition that your Gmat score and academic are correct, but a consultant may help you the assess that.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
alankar70 wrote:
Actually i have done all that.Perhaps being on the higher side of age 34+, and seeking a career in investment banking perhaps was not reasonable for the admission committee. I have no choice but to abandon my MBA journey now, for new candidates do make sure your age criteria is met else you will end up wasting a full year in preperation and applications like me. Posted from my mobile device

I’m 36+ and got admitted. I believe Oxford wants clear view of post MBA goals. I preferred consulting roles and complete change of industry from energy to strategic consulting but I had solid backup plan to move to strategic management position within the same organisation. They liked it along with my international experience
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
alankar70 wrote:
sim2011 wrote:
Aditya_Shiv wrote:

­Hi, I was browsing this thread before sleep, and just saw this message, so I got up to send this reply. I want to share my experience just in case you will be reapplying. I got admitted, but this is actually the second cycle of my MBA pursuit. In the last cycle, I interviewed with Chicago Booth, and also felt it went pretty well. Normally I'm very confident in my self-evaluation, as whenever I sense that I perform well in exams/ interviews, the outcome is usually good. I really felt that it was one of the best interviews in my entire life, but I was just rejected afterwards. Later I learned that normally it's best to interview with the adcom directly, and I also opted for this format for this cycle's Oxford application (didn't apply to Oxford in the last cycle), and everything has been rather smooth. I also heard from other applicants that it's much harder to pass alumni interviews - I assume external counsellor should be similar in nature, as I broadly categorize them as non-adcom interviews. In a nutshell, you may take this factor into account if you will be reapplying in the next cycle. Hope that helps & best of luck! 
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  29   30   31   32   33  ...  42   
Moderator:
111 posts