Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:45 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V35
GPA: 3.16
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1264 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
izharsiddiqui wrote:
TechMBAGirl wrote:
abduabd wrote:
Has anyone who has received an admission decision from Rotman for R2 also applied to US schools? The deadline to pay the "sizeable" enrollment deposit is days before even the first of the US schools start to send out admission decisions. Do you think this is deliberate by Rotman or is the Canadian school schedule just that different from the US school schedule. How are applicants expected to compare offers and make the best decision for them, I wonder? Thoughts?

Rotman is my safety school and it's just inconvenient that they replied so early. I'm applying to one other school in the US for R2 and 2 others for R3. I'd rather risk losing the offer than pay the huge deposit at a school I probably wouldn't attend (hopefully).

I begged for an extension on the deposit deadline and it was granted after several back and forth emails about how I'll be taking someone's spot if I don't attend. I call BS. Rotman has several rounds after March and a waitpool of amazing candidates. They'll be just fine.

So how long do you have till you have to pay the deposit to Rotman?

Here's hoping you get into Stanford so that you can vacate a spot for us the wait listed candidates! :-D

I have till the end of the month. Hopefully, there'll be a free spot for someone who really wants it

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Hi guys .. Has anyone been waitListed after an interview and if so have you heard back yet on the decision .. Hoping to hear from someone .. Thanks !

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
is there an active https://gmatclub.com/chat group for admitted students? if so, then please add me. :)

My Number: +919953736737
Director
Director
Send PM
Has anyone who applied in Round 3 (Feb 29th, 2016) heard back from Rotman. I'm curious to know that.
ESMT Berlin School Moderator
Schools: ESMT"18
Send PM
Steinbeck wrote:
Has anyone who applied in Round 3 (Feb 29th, 2016) heard back from Rotman. I'm curious to know that.

I applied on feb 9th and no news till date. So relax. No news is good news :)
Director
Director
Send PM
Hakikris wrote:
Steinbeck wrote:

Thanks, that helps.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey everyone
I applied to Rotman round 3. Just had my interview today. It was tough. I was asked a lot of behavioral questions. Results are out next week I was told.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
spears115 wrote:
Hey everyone
I applied to Rotman round 3. Just had my interview today. It was tough. I was asked a lot of behavioral questions. Results are out next week I was told.

Hey Spears115
What questions were asked and when did you apply?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Steinbeck wrote:
Hakikris wrote:
Steinbeck wrote:

Thanks, that helps.

Applied Feb 25th. Haven't heard back either.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Denied without interview :( Got the decision yesterday. Had submitted my application on 28th Feb. I had written a mail to the adcom director requesting to expedite my application after the ISB results were out. Didn't go according to plan :P Anyway, happy that I got into ISB!
ESMT Berlin School Moderator
Schools: ESMT"18
Send PM
tilion15 wrote:
Denied without interview :( Got the decision yesterday. Had submitted my application on 28th Feb. I had written a mail to the adcom director requesting to expedite my application after the ISB results were out. Didn't go according to plan :P Anyway, happy that I got into ISB!

What's your GMAT score?
Director
Director
Send PM
What I can see from the trend here on GC is that the people who have applied in Round 3 (Deadline: 29th February, 2016) will receive calls according to how strong their candidacy is. This is just a guess, but Rotman reviews the applications as and when they come and give interview calls to the one who they deem competitive. Rest of the applicants gets on hold before they make a decision on 'em and then again roll out more calls.

Few of my friends who applied in R2 and did not hear back anything from Rotman were wait listed when they sent them e mails (This happened just before the decision date for R2)

Let's see how it goes. I hope we get to hear from 'em soon!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Hakikris wrote:
tilion15 wrote:

What's your GMAT score?

GMAT is 730.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hey everybody-
sorry for not being active. I got a few PMs.....I applied February 25th...so round 3 basically. Got an interview call March 2nd....and interviewed March 8th. I was told I'd get a decision on or before the deadline...so lets see.
Director
Director
Send PM
Has anyone interviewed at Rotman any time soon?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
/

Originally posted by JoyfulDan on 23 Mar 2016, 16:45.
Last edited by JoyfulDan on 07 Mar 2017, 19:38, edited 2 times in total.
Director
Director
Send PM
Hakikris wrote:
JoyfulDan wrote:
Accepted!
In off the waitlist after about 3 weeks. For those wondering, I didn't update profile or contact admissions during that time (although typically it is recommended). Package should come in a couple days, anyone know if fellowships/scholarships are off the table for waitlisters? Best of luck to all.

P.S. Thanks to gmatclub for all the help with gmat and application prep. What a long, strange trip its been.

Congrats JoyfulDan

I got the reject mail today !!:(

You are from which part of the world ? And when did you submit your application?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts