Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 21:14 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [1]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Counering low GMAT quant score with an alternative test? [#permalink]
MBAPrepCoach wrote:

Thanks for the link MBAPrepCoach!

From what I can find on the site, it looks like mbamath.com is basically a course for people to build their skills in finance, statistics, accounting, etc. It's also nice to see that a bunch of schools trust the company's work and will accept transcripts from the program. However, (selfishly) I'm looking for more of an "immediate" result (test) to show that my quant skills are good. I would have definitely considered mbamath.com if I had known about it months ago. Would starting the mbamath.com program now persuade the Adcoms that I can handle the MBA level coursework, despite not having completed the program at the time I submit application? I would assume the Adcoms would want to see actual good results (class/quiz score), although I guess doing the program would still be a plus factor for the MBA application...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Tuck '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Counering low GMAT quant score with an alternative test? [#permalink]
What's your Quant score right now? The 80% benchmark is a bit of a relic now that scores have steadily increased on average.

Alternatively, you can rely on quant grades from your undergrad transcript
Intern
Intern
Send PM
airo wrote:
What's your Quant score right now? The 80% benchmark is a bit of a relic now that scores have steadily increased on average.

Alternatively, you can rely on quant grades from your undergrad transcript

Hi airo thanks for your interest in helping me.

My quant score was 45 for both of my tests, which according to my latest unofficial score report is in the 57%... My quant grade is ok/almost non-existent from my undergrad transcript because I only took statistics as a core curriculum requirement (I went to a liberal arts school and double majored in the humanities).. I wish I could submit my SAT II Math II score for the MBA Application :lol:

Btw what would be considered an "acceptable" letter grade for undergrad quant classes?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
yukidaruma wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:

From what I can find on the site, it looks like mbamath.com is basically a course for people to build their skills in finance, statistics, accounting, etc. It's also nice to see that a bunch of schools trust the company's work and will accept transcripts from the program. However, (selfishly) I'm looking for more of an "immediate" result (test) to show that my quant skills are good. I would have definitely considered mbamath.com if I had known about it months ago. Would starting the mbamath.com program now persuade the Adcoms that I can handle the MBA level coursework, despite not having completed the program at the time I submit application? I would assume the Adcoms would want to see actual good results (class/quiz score), although I guess doing the program would still be a plus factor for the MBA application...
This is the quickest way to prove your quantitative aptitude to the adcoms. They take it very seriously and it only takes from like 12 to 20 hours to complete and it's a self-paced online program. And you can forward the transcripts directly to the schools as well. Completing this program will assure them that you can handle the rigor of MBA math base courses. The website looks cheesy but I can assure you that this has a lot of weight with adcom.

https://MBAPrepCoach.com

Would this also help with low grades in undergraduate quant courses? I had bunch of math/finance classes but got B for most of them.
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
zhang128 wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
yukidaruma wrote:
[quote="MBAPrepCoach"]MBAMATH.COM

This is the quickest way to prove your quantitative aptitude to the adcoms. They take it very seriously and it only takes from like 12 to 20 hours to complete and it's a self-paced online program. And you can forward the transcripts directly to the schools as well. Completing this program will assure them that you can handle the rigor of MBA math base courses. The website looks cheesy but I can assure you that this has a lot of weight with adcom.

Would this also help with low grades in undergraduate quant courses? I had bunch of math/finance classes but got B for most of them.[/quote]Well it's not like they're going to tear those grades off your transcript and stick it MBA math.

They're trying to ascertain if you are good at math. you need indicators to show that you can keep up with the coursework.

This can be accomplished a number of ways and the more the better. Ideally your test score would reflect this but if not maybe a CFA, or maybe strong undergraduate grades, or maybe a super quantitative job, or maybe you took a bunch of University classes in statistics,. If you don't have any of those things you need to furnish this somehow and that's what MBA math does..

Right now I have a client who is a CFA but his test score is low and his grades are too. He does have some good grades and some math classes in undergrad but he's still doing MBA math to solidify that he is legit. I have another client with a 640 GMAT who does not have a CFA comes from an international relations background, and he only has a few statistics classes from a master's degree. He's doing MBA math. You trying to build a case that you can keep up with the class. And this is one brick in that case and a very good one and it has a lot of weight. I hope this is all very clear now. Good luck.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Sorry, I'm not sure if this thread is alive. I'm doing MBAmath and have got 100 in quite a few pre-tests which allows me to skip to the next section. Is it ok or is the adcom going to be like why on earth do you have only pretests done??

I'm doing mbamath before applying to bschools to make up for my low grades to some extent. Also I don't have much time to complete the course so would really appreciate if skipping these lessons/post quiz is fine.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41 (Online)
Send PM
Uday911 wrote:
Sorry, I'm not sure if this thread is alive. I'm doing MBAmath and have got 100 in quite a few pre-tests which allows me to skip to the next section. Is it ok or is the adcom going to be like why on earth do you have only pretests done??

I'm doing mbamath before applying to bschools to make up for my low grades to some extent. Also I don't have much time to complete the course so would really appreciate if skipping these lessons/post quiz is fine.

Hi Uday911! Did you get an answer on this? Thank you!
GMAT Club Bot