Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 13:12 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [0]
Given Kudos: 145
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Re: Directory of MBA Applicant Blogs [#permalink]
FROM Grant Me Admission: The GrantMeAdmission MBA Application Model
I’ve been busy speaking to a LOT of people regarding MBA’s. With most of the decisions out, I have had the opportunity to speak with many…
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
FROM Grant Me Admission: The GrantMeAdmission MBA Application Model
I’ve been busy speaking to a LOT of people regarding MBA’s. With most of the decisions out, I have had the opportunity to speak with many…
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
MBA Blogger
Own Kudos [?]: 123 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: NTU '19
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
FROM Pro GMAT: Pick up the list again
It’s been more than 2 months that I have posted here. This blog was meant to be my GMAT/MBA journey book but I was not able to continue it as I shifted my GMAT/MBA goal to next year. I have not posted anything because I was not making any progress on this lane. What I […]
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
FROM Grant Me Admission: Applying Again: Pre-MBA Programs, MOOC’s and the GMAT
I LOVE life right now. Work is going great, my non-profit initiative is making great progress, and I am enjoying the fantastic California weather. However, April…
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM The MBA Manual: How to approach the applications process
This post is going to be a short one but it contains some important information.  When you first sit down to start working on your applications (for most, this is the summer before they apply), you might not know where exactly you should start.  Before you know it you’ll have 6 or 7 schools that you’re interested in applying to opening their applications and releasing their essay prompts.  You’ll want to devote adequate time to each application and essay but you’ll also be eager to work on all of them.  You’ll finish an application or essay but then wonder if you should go back to it and take time away from others since its one of your dream schools.  In short, you’ll feel like you’re being pulled in 1,000 different directions.

So, what should you do?

Start early

If there’s anything you take away from my blog, let it be starting everything early.  I’ve mentioned the importance of starting early on research, studying, and extra-curriculars.  Applications are no different.  Harvard Business School is almost always the first b-school to release its essay prompts (early may), so you should think about starting to get down to business around then, especially if Harvard is a school you’re shooting for.  Side note: if you’re really gunning for HBS, you might want to take a look at this book of 65 successful business school essays.  I own the book and it actually helped me with my essays for all of my applications, not just Harvard.

Organize your time

If you start working in early May, that leaves you about 20 weeks until most of the applications will start to be due.  Split those 20 weeks up into segments based on how many schools you intend on applying to.  If you’ll apply to 6 schools, aim to spend a little over 3 weeks per application.  If you’re going with a more ambitious 8 schools, you’ll want to pick up your pace and aim to complete an application about every 2 and a half weeks.

Also, don’t be afraid to take your time and use the full amount of time you’ve delegated for yourself.  There’s no bonus to finishing your first 3 applications in the first week if they aren’t your best work.

Go in order!

This is probably the thing that helped me the most when I was in the center of the whirlwind that is the applications process.  Now, you can’t control when schools release their essays and applications, and at first you should probably just work on the applications when they come out (Harvard first, then ____, etc.).  However, at some point during the summer/fall you’ll be at a point where most or all of the schools will have released their essay prompts and opened their applications, and it is at this point that you should start ordering your efforts based on when those materials will be due.  For example, if it is mid-September, and you have finished Columbia (due Jan 7), and NYU (due October 15), but haven’t finished MIT (due September 23), you’ll be in trouble.  Get a gauge on when each set of materials is due, mark the dates in your calendar, and check back often (these dates come faster than you think!).  If you go in order and complete the applications in the order that they’re due, you’ll buy yourself the most time possible and be able to construct the best possible applications.  Here were the due dates for some major programs for the 2014-2015 application cycle so you can get a better handle on which apps you’ll be focusing on first:

Harvard Business School = September 9

Yale SOM = September 18

MIT = September  23

Stanford GSB  = October 1

Cornell (Johnson) = October 1

UPenn (Wharton)  = October 1

NYU (Stern) = October 15

Columbia = January 7

I realize that a lot of this is common sense but sometimes when you’re under some intense pressure, have several deadlines to meet, and are working on a handful of applications and a dozen essays, common sense starts to go out the window.  If you follow the above directions, you will almost certainly have a smoother, more productive application writing period that yields higher quality application materials than you would if you went at things more haphazardly.  Be diligent, work hard, and stick to your schedule, and you’ll have some well-polished applications to turn in come due date.

MBA Blogger
Send PM
FROM Pro GMAT: FlashCards
Flash cards are very basic study material to get to the point information. Most of the students uses flash cards to study, but using them effectively can bring charms. The choice of making flash cards is very personal, someone would like them, or someone would not like making them. How to make: Choose the most important formulas/tricks you […]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [2]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Stern '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
WE:Analyst (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Bookmarks
FROM MBA Data Guru: Cornell MBA Interview Questions
Cornell MBA Interview Questions

This guide is designed to help Johnson MBA applicants to prepare for their interview, complete with a list of the most common Cornell MBA interview questions. The typical Johnson MBA interview is 30 to 50 minutes long. It can be given by either a second year student, alumni or an admissions committee member. It is even possible to get an interview with an adcom member with a second year student in training to learn how to interview. Interviews can take place on campus, off-campus or over skype. Expect the interview to be semi-blind, which means that they have seen your resume but probably nothing else. The Cornell MBA interview questions below are organized from most common question to least common, with the frequency it is asked in parenthesis.

Most Common Cornell MBA Interview Questions
1) Tell me about yourself or walk me through your resume. (80%)

2) Tell me about a challenging situation at work or a work conflict. (70%)

3) Why Johnson? (70%)

4) Why get an MBA? Why now? (60%)

5) How will you contribute to Johnson? (50%)

6) What are your post MBA plans or goals? (50%)

7) Describe a time when you managed or lead other people? (50%)

8) What is your biggest weakness? (40%)

9) Why did you make XYZ transition? (20%)

10) What is your leadership style? (20%)

11) Have you applied to any other schools? What do they have in common with Johnson? (20%)

12) Is there anything else you want me to know? (20%)

At the end you will have time to ask a few questions. For additional interview tips check out my MBA interview preparation guide. This guide was created using theJohnson interview reports from clear admit.

MBA Data Guru - Data and analytics that will help you in the MBA admissions process
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Send PM
FROM TopDogMBA - A Reapplicant's Tail: A day in the life – part 1: GMAT
It’s nearly a year since TopDogMBA came into being and – over 18,000 hits later – I’ve decided to share some of the application aids I created that helped me get two admits (and a waitlist) from top 10 b schools. I hope that it helps any newbies to the MBA application process, gives some […]
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
FROM Grant Me Admission: New design, New vision
It’s been almost 11 months (and 160,000 views) since I started my online journey, and what a journey it has been. Over the last 11 months,…
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
FROM The adventures of a (provisional) MBA student: FIELD 3 – The ‘capstone’ of the RC
FIELD 3 is the final and third part of the FIELD portion of the RC (Required Curriculum – 1st Year), a unique part of the HBS MBA experience. And as the first year reaches its final stretch, we’re fully in the swing of setting up our micro-businesses.

FIELD 3 asks you to form teams with 4 or 5 other MBA students. This is the first time this year we’ve been asked to form our own teams – giving you the opportunity to test your pitching skills and powers of persuasion with fellow classmates that your idea is viable and deserves attention.

Our team is focusing on the perennial battle that many feel around exercising, and needing that ‘extra little kick’ to get out and exercise or eat healthily. So we’ve started Badger. Badger is a new service that links personal trainers and nutritionists to users remotely on demand.

The idea is that people get much more motivation when they have some form of accountability to a real person, and people pay for a gym trainer just for that reason, but that’s just too unaffordable for most people. We hope that this can bridge the gap and give a real connection at a fraction of the cost, and help people to achieve what they want to achieve.

We’re feeling pretty pleased that we’ve managed to get our service up and running, and we’re accepting beta testers if lovely readers want to give it a try. Just go to joinbadger.com to sign up!

FIELD3 obviously isn’t exactly the same of starting a real business. The timings are pretty compressed, with due dates based around the academic calendar, and a pretty limited scope. However, it’s a great chance for many in the MBA program to try (and maybe like) something they have never tried before for whatever reason.

It’s been a great experience so far, I’ve tried and learnt some completely different things, and I’m really excited to see how we get on.

HBS is the only business school (to my slightly outdated knowledge) that has this sort of program required as part of the curriculum. I think this is a great feature as you get a completely diverse mix trying out starting a business, and I’ve already heard of some (FIELD has been running about 5 years now) that have gone through FIELD and completely changed their career direction because of it – an achievement in itself. I’ll keep you posted with how Badger does!

MBA Blogger
Send PM
FROM Pro GMAT: To get back what I lost
A few days before I contacted GrantMeAdmission after reading his post and asked him that how he motivated himself to get back to work and his awesome reply forced me to go back to my study table and gather all the knowledge that I left there a few months before. I would like to put some […]
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
FROM Grant Me Admission: 4 GMAT Prep Hacks Everyone Should Know
This week I am excited to have a guest blogger. Eliza Chute is an independent GMAT tutor, and she runs the helpful site https://bestgmatprepcourse.com/ (check it…
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [3]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.6
Send PM