Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:11 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology & Operations, Consulting, General Management
Schools:IESE Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology & Operations, Consulting, General Management
Schools:IESE Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: Europe MBA Discussion [#permalink]
Hi frds..I seriously need help from you.. :!:

I'm from INDIA..

I have 2yrs of work exp and my avg GPA is below avg in my under graduation...and now,i'm preparing for Gmat..
But recently my frds suggested me to go france and do Msc in management in SKEMA BSCHOOL..Acually i was planning for USA and little bit worried about cost :(

If I take Gmat,probably i will get something btw 600-700...But for SKEMA univ GMAT is not required...

Keeping in mind that my profile is very ordinary and cost is the real factor...is US mba is going to be a right option for me????? :?: or france(skema)??

And wat bout SKEMA???
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
What are your opinions on MBA programs in Scandinavia? I have over 6 years professional experience so I am open minded to EMBA or MBA. I would prefer EMBA as I don't want to take a year off from work. But why I don't see any posts here on SSE? It is a leading business school in Scandinavia and well known in Europe. Your thoughts?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
What is the major difference between an MBA and an MSM? I am considering going to grad school and was looking into MBA programs. However I can across the MSM program and that sounds like it might be interesting. What is really the difference? Does an MSM hold the same weight as an MBA when looking for a job? I am not interesting in continuing on to my PhD.
Intern
Send PM
Hi Guys,
I have got final MBA call for MBA from Leeds University Business School. I am from India, so dnt know much abt its repu in UK.
Please suggest me hw is its repu in UK and in front of recruiters in UK. As it is at 93rd position in FT rankings in 2011, so bit confused whether I should join it. Also, job scenarios post MBA in UK does nt look much good.

Guys, please suggest me whether I should go for it or should wait for one more year to get better college.
My profile:
Education-B.Tech and M.Tech with distinction from a very reputed engg college in India.
Work exp- 3 yr in IT sector.
GMAT-620

I need kind suggestions from experts. Thanks in advance.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Tuck - Class of 2013
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Tuck '13 (M)
GPA: 3.93
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
COEP wrote:
Hi Guys,
I have got final MBA call for MBA from Leeds University Business School. I am from India, so dnt know much abt its repu in UK.
Please suggest me hw is its repu in UK and in front of recruiters in UK. As it is at 93rd position in FT rankings in 2011, so bit confused whether I should join it. Also, job scenarios post MBA in UK does nt look much good.

Guys, please suggest me whether I should go for it or should wait for one more year to get better college.
My profile:
Education-B.Tech and M.Tech with distinction from a very reputed engg college in India.
GMAT-620

Hi, Leeds is a relatively good uni here in the UK, but I feel as though a little extra work experience and a slightly improved GMAT could get you into a much better ranked course.

A couple of things I noticed from looking around on the Leeds website.

Cost - This is quite a cheap course, bear in mind that if you do get into a better course even in the EU you will pay substantially more. Manchester (FT rank 29) is in excess of £35,000 and this may not be a cost you want to bear at this time.

Class size - With a class size of 40 - 50 this is a tiny,tiny program. The networking possibilities may be limited with such a small group.

Average age - 29. This is quite an old class which suggests to me that it will be made up primarily of people from the local area looking to further their careers without spending a whole lot of money (this is just a guess so take it with a pinch of salt, but it seems to be that type of program). Also, your work experience suggests that you would be young for the class which may make the social experience different.

To be honest if you are asking whether you should wait an extra year or not then it seems to me that you haven't got a solid answer to the why now? question that is an integral part of your application. I think you should take stock and really try to answer that question in your own mind. If you decide that it's an absolute must to do an MBA this year then take the Leeds offer. If you find it difficult to answer and you can't come up with a really strong answer then it seems that you wont lose anything by waiting and re-applying. If you did choose to re-apply then you could take on some extra curricular activities and leadership positions and really put forward a great application next year and work your way right up the rankings.

Sorry if that seems like no answer. Just some things to think about.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
COEP wrote:
Hi Guys,

My profile:
GMAT-620

If you are choosing UK , than be aware of the new post education working visa policies.
Best of luck for your future, have a prosperous future.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
One my friends was looking for one-year MBA and I am not sure which college would be good to recommend him. So any recommendation would be helpful.
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Expert Reply
Marry09 wrote:
One my friends was looking for one-year MBA and I am not sure which college would be good to recommend him. So any recommendation would be helpful.

Well almost all the European MBA programs outside of LBS are one-year programs. So he has the pick of the lot.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V33
Send PM
Hi I missed this thread and started one more called Europe MBA Sep 2014. However, i think this thread will help me answer my questions.

I am a finance professional from India ( Qualified Accountant).

I started as an Articled Assistant to Auditor to Finance Manager to CFO.

I am currently a CFO in East Africa for a singapore based MNC.

My GMAT is 620 and AWA is 4.0

Post MBA plans - Move to Consulting or Move to FMCG.

I plan to apply to an European MBA program. Need help to understand if the below colleges are good in terms of

1. placement record.
2. Post MBA, getting an employer who will sponsor work visa.

1. HEC Paris - Applied
2. Oxford MBA - To apply
3. Cranfield MBA
4. Cass MBA

Can You suggest any other colleges for my profile.

Thanks a lot in Advance.
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Expert Reply
Have you considered Warwick? Just another thought to look into.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V33
Send PM
mbaMissionJenK wrote:
Have you considered Warwick? Just another thought to look into.

Hi

I looked at warwick but their minimum GMAT requirement is 650 while I stand at 620 :(

Sesha
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Hi, I am 26 years old and from India, wishing to apply to a good European b-school for full time MBA. I gave my GMAT last week and got 710. I have 3 year of work experience with KPMG as strategy consultant (supply chain transformation) which includes a promotion and several client commendations. After the same, I successfully ventured into my entrepreneurial advent and launched a restaurant, which is doing pretty well. I also have a 6 month internship with McKinsey and Company. Did my engineering 2014 with 74% (~7.2 GPA). Now I wish to apply to a good European B School, with my preferences being (in order):
1. INSEAD
2. LBS
3. HEC
4. Judge (Cambridge)
5. IMD
6. Said (Oxford)
7. LSE
8. Imperial
9. IE
10. NYU (Only US school)

Please suggest me if my profile is good enough to get through these schools.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, I am 26 years old and from India, wishing to apply to a good European b-school for full time MBA. I gave my GMAT last week and got 710. I have 3 years of work experience with KPMG as strategy consultant (supply chain transformation) which includes a promotion and several client commendations. After the same, a year ago, I successfully ventured into my entrepreneurial advent and launched a restaurant, which is doing pretty well. I also have a 6 month internship with McKinsey and Company. Did my engineering 2014 with 74% (~7.2 GPA). Now I wish to apply to a good European B School, with my preferences being (in order):
1. INSEAD
2. LBS
3. HEC
4. Judge (Cambridge)
5. IMD
6. Said (Oxford)
7. LSE
8. Imperial
9. IE
10. NYU (Only US school)

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, I am 26 years old and from India, wishing to apply to a good European b-school for full time MBA. I gave my GMAT last week and got 710. I have 3 years of work experience with KPMG as strategy consultant (supply chain transformation) which includes a promotion and several client commendations. After the same, I successfully ventured into my entrepreneurial advent and launched a restaurant, which is doing pretty well. I also have a 6 month internship with McKinsey and Company. Did my engineering 2014 with 74% (~7.2 GPA). Now I wish to apply to a good European B School, with my preferences being (in order):
1. INSEAD
2. LBS
3. HEC
4. Judge (Cambridge)
5. IMD
6. Said (Oxford)
7. LSE
8. Imperial
9. IE
10. NYU (Only US school)

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GPA: 3.95
Send PM
Europe MBA Discussion [#permalink]
Better than all MBA colleges in Europe, here are some best colleges in India also.

Colleges in Mumbai, Pune are the best for MBA. We have to search about top MBA colleges in Pune.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi folks

An MBA alumnus from Europe here.

Feel free to ask any questions related to

Pre-MBA
During-MBA
Post-MBA