Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:29 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 512 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Leadership, Operations
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Sia Admissions Representative
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Send PM
Re: First post and need help [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi obozanoglu,

Thank you for your post, and congratulations on a 740 GMAT!

Ineed, b-schools look at applications holistically, so academics alone are not the deciding factor. To determine admission, business schools do measure potential success in their classrooms and career. Without prior work experience, they will rely on the data at hand: GMAT, GPA, Extracurricular, Internships, narrative, etc. I do recommend you have your profile evaluated (in detail) to determine which programs and schools you should target with your existing profile. There is not enough data here for us to properly evaluate.

If you are interested, we offer a free 30-minute profile evaluation where we discuss details of your background and potential next steps. If that is something you would find helpful, please reach out.

Good luck!

Susan

obozanoglu wrote:
Hello people this is my first post so sorry if I posted in the wrong topic.

I am going to graduate in this January from Koç University, Economics which is one of the most prestigious colleges in Turkey. My GPA is pretty low, 2.60. I know that this is not good enough for most b-schools. But I had a 740 on GMAT. So, my GPA does not really reflects my skills. Do you think that I have a chance with schools like Imperial or Warwick Business School? Or in the US maybe Stern, Columbia or Haas?

A lot of people say that GPA is not the only factor that matters but can a 2.60 be compensated with a 740 GMAT and summer internship at an investment bank?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Send PM
obozanoglu wrote:
sjas31 wrote:
Hi,
Welcome to GMATclub. Congratulations for GMAT 740; It's an....

Thanks for the answer. I am interested in Ms in Finance. US schools usually do not have that program, though. So, I may also consider MBA for the US b-schools.

I was really worried about my GPA, because ave admitted GPAs are usually around 3.20s. So again, thanks for the answer:)

Posted from my mobile device

If it is Finance you are interested in, you may like to research Simon in addition to Stern and Columbia.

All the best obozanoglu
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Hi obozanoglu,

Well Congratulations on your excellent job in GMAT which can balance your lower GPA. But it's just not your GMAT score but your overall profile which gets you admission in any top B-Schools. There are certain top B-Schools which accept applicants without work experience. But before you could apply, you need to do a lot of research and make sure the B-School’s you tend to apply should have clearly mentioned in their official website that ‘No minimum experience required to apply’. But some might also drop quick hints to indicate that their main target applicant pool isn’t freshers.
GMAT Club Bot