Last visit was: 17 May 2024, 09:38 It is currently 17 May 2024, 09:38
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
   1   2   3   4  ...  15   
Oxford Saïd School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V39
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
GRE 1: Q168 V158
GPA: 2.47
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Foster (UWashington) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Kudos
hi cgrcrs02
what do you mean by minor case studies?can u tell some sample questions asked to you and how long was your interview?
wish you luck.
Send PM
Kudos
K8 wrote:
payal2015 wrote:
hi cgrcrs02
what do you mean by minor case studies?can u tell some sample questions asked to you and how long was your interview?
wish you luck.

This caught me off guard as well. Case study...?

I interviewed on 31st, did not have any case studies during my session...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
GMAT 1: 690 Q37 V48
Send PM
Kudos
Hey guys,
I gave my interview on 2nd Nov, reaaaallly cool interview...
and in my experience, the Foster adcoms are soooo friendly and welcoming! best interview experience ever :)
I had my interview with Sarah, super cool , all standard questions and a couple of situational leadership questions too... for me focus was more on leadership though...
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [1]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
Kudos
THE DEAN'S OFFICE
Welcome to the University of Washington Michael G. Foster School of Business. I’ve had the good fortune to be on the Foster School faculty for more than 30 years, serving as a professor of accounting and as dean since 2005. During that time we’ve attracted some of the world’s best teachers and researchers and transformed the lives of our many graduates.

The hallmark of Foster alumni is that they think strategically and are ready to roll up their sleeves to solve complex real-world problems. They know how to work in teams and they know when it’s time to step up and be a team leader. Whether you're starting your education as an undergraduate, seeking an MBA, or honing your competitive edge as a business professional, the Foster School can contribute to your future success.

With help from our many corporate partners in the Seattle area—a region known for iconic companies like Amazon, Boeing, Costco, Paccar, Microsoft, Nordstrom and Starbucks—we offer students exceptional opportunities to learn from seasoned executives. And our uniquely collaborative culture and accessible faculty are geared to giving students a rich and personalized learning experience.

In June 2008, we completed the most successful fundraising campaign in the School’s history with contributions totaling $181 million. These funds allow us to provide scholarships to deserving students, invest in our programs and centers, and build state-of-the-art facilities like PACCAR Hall, which opened in 2010, and our latest addition, Dempsey Hall, which opened in the summer of 2012.

As we celebrate our fifth anniversary of becoming the Foster School and our 95th year of providing world-class instruction and research, we have much to be proud of. We’re one of the world’s great business schools and our future holds much promise. I invite you to be a part of it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Marketing
WE:Marketing (Health Care)
Send PM
Kudos
Wear a black or navy suit (ironed).

Wear a white shirt (ironed).

Wear an unassuming tie.

Wear dark dress shoes.

It is always better to err on the safe side. Your biggest worry is to make sure you tick of all the boxes of being professionally presentable.

Remember, in addition to interviewing you for their program, they are also trying to make sure that you are hire-able after you graduate.

Originally posted by SchrodingersCat on 12 Nov 2013, 12:54.
Last edited by SchrodingersCat on 12 Nov 2013, 13:22, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Got an interview invite :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Operations, Other
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GRE 1: Q530 V800
GPA: 3.9
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Kudos
I've my Skype interview scheduled for the 19th of Dec with Megan Lewis.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
FROM Foster Admissions Blog: Vamos, Vamos Argentina!
I always wanted to visit South America and get a taste of the culture. When the opportunity to go to Argentina for a study tour presented itself, I couldn’t help but sign-up for it. I had a fantastic experience in Buenos Aires, Argentina; and I’m sure the ten other students and two faculty members that I traveled with are nodding their head yes in agreement.

Foster tried a different model this time for study tours. Instead of being student-led like in the past, they were school-led. While this restricted student leadership opportunities, it was very well organized and we got a chance to learn and soak-in everything around us. Before leaving Seattle, each student owned researching of 1-2 companies and presented a background of the company to set the stage for visits when we reached Argentina. In Argentina, we met with executives from various companies that spanned across various industries. Big firms like KPMG, Microsoft and US Commercial Services to start-ups like Remolino (a graphic design and creative studio), Natural Deli (a proponent of natural and organic products) and GoodPeople (a global platform that connects all aspects of the sports community).  Other companies of interest included Bimbo (a baking company), Zanella (motorcycle manufacturer), Medix (medical devices), LAC-CORE (renewable energy) and Nieto Senetiner (A wine pioneer in Argentina). We even visited the well-known Football club River Plate. Upon our return we presented our insights from the trip and how we thought we could use this knowledge in our own businesses in the future.

All throughout our trip and company visits it was evident that Argentine culture is rich – the people, language, food, mate (tea), wine, art, tango, architecture, et. al. personify it. This is also reflected in their style of doing business.

Argentinians take pride in their traditions and the wealth of the past. They still haven’t forgotten their roots. Despite the fact that the economy is not doing so good, inflation is through the roof, currency is extremely volatile, the government vetoes every decision, and corruption is prominent; they have faith that the country will prevail and become a prominent global player.

Everyone we met was really hospitable and just really nice. They were honest and poured their heart out, whether it was about their companies, work styles, government, inflation issues, or even their personal lives. Relationships really meant a lot to them, and it was evident in their interaction and communication. In most cases, relationships formed the pillars of their businesses. It also meant that if you wanted to start a company in Argentina, you’d have to have a connection/ contact in Argentina.

The people were super warm and generous. We were fed really well by everyone, be it at the steakhouses or at the companies we visited. Every meeting started with a spread of yummy treats, pastries filled with Dulce de leche, tea, coffee, wine, etc. Argentinians take pride in sharing their Yerba Mate (tea) and was a way for them to bond. It was the same homely feeling I got, every place we visited.

Tango is a dance that originated in Argentina – passionate, complex and authentic. Football (Soccer) is another thing that Argentinians are very passionate about. (We were fortunate enough to witness both these live J) I soon realized that this passion was an integral part of their personality. We met young entrepreneurs that had established respectable positions in the industry because of this zeal. We also met leaders of big firms who were determined enough to maintain their stand while navigating the red oceans of the competitive market. They were smart, intelligent, and ready to take on the world.

It was such a wonderful trip, will go back in a heartbeat to the country and to the beautiful people we met. “Una mas, por favor!”

~ Guest blog post by Saloni Sonpol – Evening Class of 2014
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
FROM Foster Admissions Blog: Helpful Advice for Incoming MBA Students
If you are an incoming first year student, we may have already met. I’m looking forward to seeing you again in September! Here are some helpful tips for success as you transition into the program:

Get to know your classmates

This may seem like common sense, but I am going to say it anyway. Now, I know some of you may be married and/or have kids, and this makes it very hard to do this outside of class studies, but get to know your classmates. Some of them are going to be friends for life. They will be great connections as you advance your career. And most of all, they are amazing people. How do I know this? The Foster admissions staff does a pretty good job of selecting great people. The first person I met shares my love for music, particularly hip-hop, and we have been best friends since. This amazed me, and it is only one example of the great people you will come to know. This also includes second years! I was a little timid in getting to know the second year students when school first started. They don’t bite. At least, I didn’t get bit, I didn’t see anybody get bit, and I have no urges coming on to bite people as I get ready to start my second year. Before you know it, we’ll be gone and you’ll be giving this advice to a new set of students, so don’t wait until it’s too late.

Utilize MBA Career Management during Fall Quarter

Winter quarter gets here quick. Internship recruiting starts basically the day winter quarter is here. Don’t wait until that time to get to know MBA Career Management and what they can offer because internship recruiting can be very overwhelming if you don’t feel prepared. I don’t care how busy you think you are, get in there fall quarter. Set time for this. Talk about your goals. Do mock interviews. You will thank me later and I can say I told you so. MBA Career Management is great, but you have to get in there and leverage them. They’ll be expecting you.

Get Involved

Volunteer. Do the C4C Weekend in California. Go to Whistler after fall quarter ends. You don’t have to do them all, but make sure you do some of the extra activities that the school and the students organize. They are great ways to get to know your fellow classmates and they also happen to be a lot of fun. It’s a short two years here; don’t look back and wish you would have done more of the activities, because I guarantee you people will be talking about how fun they are after they’re over.

You Will Survive

I’m not going to elaborate on this too much. You will have multiple times fall quarter where you think you aren’t going to make it. You will. I promise. In addition to your family, friends, and spouses, you have a great support system at Foster. You’ll learn more about this when school starts. Lean on them. They will help you get through it.

These are just a few takeaways from one student who has completed the first year of this great journey. Many others will no doubt have great advice for you. In closing I would just like to say, it’s going to get a little crazy at times, it will feel overwhelming, but make sure you remember to have fun. See you this fall.

~ Dennis Grubbs – Full Time Class of 2014
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Send PM
Kudos
v198143 wrote:
K8 wrote:
v198143 wrote:

I thought the results will be out on 15th

I think the hope might be we would get calls before then, and probably not on Saturday/Sunday.

Fingers cross :)

Going by last year's thread, results should be out on Friday...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
I JUST WANT TO KNOW!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
RyanCJW wrote:
SchrodingersCat wrote:
I JUST WANT TO KNOW!!

Haha I know the feeling. I've been checking this site and my email way more than typical.

Oh well, soon enough.

10 minutes after I post this I get a phone call saying that I got into McCombs!!

Well, waiting until Friday will be a lot easier!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [1]
Given Kudos: 70
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 550 Q30 V36
GMAT 2: 660 Q41 V40
GMAT 3: 670 Q44 V38
GPA: 3.27
WE:Corporate Finance (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Kudos
SchrodingersCat wrote:
RyanCJW wrote:
SchrodingersCat wrote:
I JUST WANT TO KNOW!!

Haha I know the feeling. I've been checking this site and my email way more than typical.

Oh well, soon enough.

10 minutes after I post this I get a phone call saying that I got into McCombs!!

Well, waiting until Friday will be a lot easier!

Congrats! Hopefully you'll have some more good news in the next day or two.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Hi everyone,

I just received the call and I am in!! I am so excited as Foster has always been my top choice. I hope you all receive good news. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [1]
Given Kudos: 70
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 550 Q30 V36
GMAT 2: 660 Q41 V40
GMAT 3: 670 Q44 V38
GPA: 3.27
WE:Corporate Finance (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Kudos
Meh :( I missed the call..but I'm in!!!!! So excited!!

Good luck to everyone waiting!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
No worries...:-) I would be thinking the same way.

Just remember there are so many people they are trying to call. It wouldn't surprise me if they called people tomorrow too. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
I'm in! Got the call about 20 minutes ago. For those interested, I'm based in NYC.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4  ...  15   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6929 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts