Last visit was: 09 May 2024, 17:07 It is currently 09 May 2024, 17:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [5]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: ISB '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 459 [2]
Given Kudos: 173
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [1]
Given Kudos: 97
Send PM
Re: GMAT Experience- 660 to 710 (Experts Global Review) [#permalink]
Kudos
Congratulations arjun110989 on scoring 710 !!

Hats off to your patience, writing GMAT 3 times in a month !
I am really curious to know if you did see any repeats in the actual exam ?

Gmac stresses on a minimum gap of 16 days between two successive attempts, probably because they reuse questions accordingly.
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 232 [0]
Given Kudos: 90
Send PM
Expert Reply
Congrats on your score!

We cannot quite recognize you from your ID, arjun110989 (probably, we can recognize your birthday from that nick :-)).

Nonetheless, thank you for remembering us in your moment of success. Thank you for following the study resources sincerely and the humility in this post.

Way to go!

All the best!
Experts' Global team

arjun110989 wrote:
Hi,

While I just got done with my GMAT, I couldn't wait to thank the Experts Global team for the material that they have prepared. I do not know much about the other available online material, so I would stick to the discussion about my GMAT experience and about the material I got from the Experts Global team.

My GMAT story is a case study. I surely believe so. I think I may be the only one who may have taken GMAT 3 times in a month. I had prepared well in December 2016 (or at least I thought so), since I was scoring well above 730 in all my GMAT prep mocks (I took them multiple times and therefore the score may have been inflated). I fixed my date in first week of December 2016. My exam went ok, but to my utter shock, as soon as I got done with my 4 hours of exam and clicked the submit button, an error popped on my screen. The centre staff couldn't understand the error and were as puzzled as I was. After 1 hour of terrible wait, I was informed that this error is not rectifiable and I would be required to take it again. I was extremely furious and I followed up with the GMAC team on calls. They arranged a quick date after 2 days. I felt helpless as the round 2 deadlines were coming to an end. I showed up for the second attempt and took the exam. Little did I know that a well organised test like GMAT could screw up once again. THE ERROR CAME AGAIN!!!! And again the GMAC team was confused. I sent mails after mails to provide an explanation. The team came up with apologies and another date, and nothing else. Most of the deadlines came to an end. The team finally replied that my registration itself had an algorithm issue which caused the error again. So with that little comfort, I took the exam again in a month (which was an exception). I ended the exam with a 660, with a disappointing verbal score of 34. I was disheartened and I left studies for a new job.

After two months, I joined Experts Global, since all their classroom training was same as what they had in videos. I enrolled, but did not attend the classes at their centre beyond two, three classes since I got very busy with work. I left the preparation. However, I did check out their videos which appeared to be quite different from the ones I saw in the youtube lessons and also from the ones which few of my friends had shown from their tutorials.

Anyway, i actually never thought that I would score above 700 and therefore I never got motivated to get back to preparation. But I sometime later I did. And I thought the best way to get back would be by booking the exam. I booked a date two months ahead. I took out all the material from experts global. I made a point of solving 15 questions each from CR, RC and SC everyday since my verbal score made me rethink about my technique. I watched the RC video prep of the tutorials. I watched one quant video of tutorials every day and solved the questions from their book. A week after watching all videos, I started taking the experts global mocks, I scored 690. I was quite happy and motivated. But since I was unsure about their algorithm, I didn't read too much into the score. The mock had some very interesting analysis of all questions which made me take note of the questions and topics that I needed to work upon. I analysed worked on those topic from their videos again. I took a mock every weekend while studying from their material and solving questions. My score in 6-7 of their mocks was consistently around 720-730. I thought I'll take a GMAT prep exam pack 1 test 10 days before my GMAT. I scored a 720 and was quite satisfied with my preparation.

During the week before the GMAT, I just revised concepts and the chosen tough ones from OG which I had marked before my previous GMAT attempt. On the exam day and the night before I was very nervous and I just wanted everything to go fine. I took the verbal-quant-IR-AWA order. Verbal went great and I was quite surprised since I was scared of that the most. Quant was disappointing as I was too stressed and took too much time carefully reviewing and double checking the answers and had to rush with the last 8 questions. I scored a 710 (Q47 V41). I was very happy with my attempt since I never thought that with my quant attempt I would manage such a score.

I think that the material- videos and mocks- from Experts Global is super good and i could see almost all my error logs and basics tested in the mocks. Since the mocks appear to start at a good level in quant and verbal, they manage a good indicative score which to my surprise was very close to my GMAT prep and GMAT exam score.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
GmatDaddy wrote:
Congratulations arjun110989 on scoring 710 !!

Hats off to your patience, writing GMAT 3 times in a month !
I am really curious to know if you did see any repeats in the actual exam ?

Gmac stresses on a minimum gap of 16 days between two successive attempts, probably because they reuse questions accordingly.

Hi. Yes I did. I did see a couple of repeats in both quant and verbal. I remember one RC passage repeated as well.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 418 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 4
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Congratulations arjun110989 on your 710.

How did you do in your mock tests that you gave prior to giving the GMAT? Were they all from Experts Global or you tried some other mocks as well?

Anyway, hope you get into your dream school.

Regards,
nkin
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 232 [0]
Given Kudos: 90
Send PM
Expert Reply
Earthandsky17 wrote:
Very nice to read your story. I had a similar experience with Experts' Global as I scored a 760 in the first attempt, using mainly their material and the official stuff.

The study material is really comprehensive but extremely crisp and to the point, it keeps you engaged. I found it equally good for quant as well as verbal and the test series is peerless! The software platform is truly amazing, world class with some amazing features and engaging analytics.

Congratulations on your success! I will be writing my detailed review of Experts' Global’s complete course soon.

Thank you Earthandsky17. This means a lot.

Very happy that our program could help you in your journey. We look forward to reading your detailed review :-)

All the best!

GyMrAT wrote:
Congratulations!!

Totally agree, Experts Global content is really good especially for Quant & SC. I found their explanations for Quant concepts very helpful.

Also they have a good database of 1000 SC explanations.

Cheers!

Thank you, GyMrAT (interesting nick :-)). We are not sure whether you completed your GMAT. Happy to learn that you find the resources helpful. Keep us updated over emails.

All the very best! Thanks again for your kind words.

Experts' Global team
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 733 [0]
Given Kudos: 362
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Congrats on the great score and thank you for sharing your insights and experiences!

All the best for your applications!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Hi Arjun,

Many congrats for your great score..!! What course did you attend from Experts Global? Their classroom course or Online course??
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37406 posts