Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:48 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 51
Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Given Kudos: 395
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40 (Online)
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
Kudos
KSL98 wrote:
Hi will there be any software that checks the 360 view of your room? Because I am working on a desktop computer, so am able to turn the computer around with difficulty

There is no software. You just have to move the web-cam around. If you will be using a desktop computer, I guess you'll have to use portable web-cam.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
mcelroytutoring wrote:
GRS wrote:
I have the m1 mac book air and it's not possible to downgrade it to Catalina. so, I am going ahead with this laptop, lets see what happens. I will update you tomorrow on whether it worksor not.

Hi GRS,

That would be great, thanks!

Good luck, and I hope that the exam works for you on your M1 Macbook.

Thanks mcelroytutoring. Just got over with the test. The laptop worked fine.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [1]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
GRS wrote:
Just got over with the test. The laptop worked fine.

The real test? How did it go? You posting a debrief? :angel:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
GRS wrote:
Just got over with the test. The laptop worked fine.

The real test? How did it go? You posting a debrief? :angel:

Yeah, the real test. It didn't go well. I scored 680 (Q48 V35 IR 05 AWA 05); I was expecting 700-720. I was scoring 700-720 in the OG mocks.

I Will post a debrief soon.
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2414 [1]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Kidbeat wrote:
• The score flashes as soon as you are done with the AWA but you cant write it down. My report was up on the official website in around 5-6 hours.

Hi Kidbeat, are you saying that there is no "transition screen" where you decide to report or cancel your scores, as there is on the test-center exam (see below)? This would make sense, since GMAT online scores can't be cancelled.

Kidbeat wrote:
In terms of prep I would score around a Q50-51 in all tests and V37-45. One major difference that I felt while attempting the GMAT was the level of the questions, especially in quant. After the 15-16th question or so there will barely be any question where you will be able to recover time. Almost all questions will require around 2 mins to solve. Some might even have really big question stems. Hence, time management is extremely critical, especially at the start.

Yes, it is generally agreed upon that overall, GMAT online Quant questions are more challenging and wordier than their test-center counterparts.

Kidbeat wrote:
Also I had a question, is it possible for me to order the ESR for the GMAT Online? If yes, how can I do it?

Unfortunately, after more than a year of GMAT onlines, GMAC has still failed to offer an ESR option. Cue the conspiracy theories as to why.

Anyway, great score and debrief. Thanks so much for the detailed info, good luck on your test center retake, and I hope that you write another debrief to compare the two experiences.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
Send PM
Kudos
Hey mcelroytutoring,

Thanks for clearing my doubts regarding the ESR.
Yes, I dont recollect seeing the screen asking one to accept their scores.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
seashell wrote:

Hi Kidbeat,

Can you really see your exam result after 5-6 hours? I took my exam on 22 May and I have not receive my score yet, my exam status is still Pending. Did you see your unofficial result in appointment status area in your account? Do you guys see your results in enhanced gmat exam so fast, should I be suspicious about my situation :?

Thank you for your replies

Hey seashell,

I gave my exam in the morning and got the completion mail after like an hour or so and the report by evening.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
Thanks so much Kidbeat for sharing your GMAT-Online Enhanced Experience! Sorry about the score not quite hitting the mark :(

I have also copied the text of your debrief into the Share My GMAT Experience forum: https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-online- ... 59327.html so it would be a bit easier to find and follow

Thank you bb for creating the new post link! GMAT Club has played a big role in brining my score quite up to the mark. The GC Quant tests especially were the biggest reason for my score improvement in Quant. Really grateful for it.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [1]
Given Kudos: 60
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.49
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
tomasppp wrote:
I think I might be having trouble trying to install the Secure Browser on a Mac that uses oS Catalina. I just downloaded the secure browser, and if I try double clicking on it, I get an error message saying something that likely translates to ESSecure Browser can't be launched because the developer can't be verified.

Is this the expected behaviour? The PDF with the instructions mention Browse the test-taking LINK and login with valid credentials to to view the following
screen. I'm not sure if there's actually a link I should try and I'm not being able to find it, or if the system test just consists on being able to launch the downloaded program (as in Pearson's case), and my computer won't support it.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Hi tomasppp,

You may want to look into this attached user guide (not official), previously posted which has an extra step to ensure that the ESSecureBrowser launches correctly. MacOS sometimes blocks external developers' apps and creates a notification inside System Preferences->Security & Privacy. When you launch the app and you get the error message, check in the security settings for the prompt. You may have to click on the unlock button and enter your admin password. Post that, it should launch without the warning every time. This could help you avoid some stress on exam day given that there's no way to test the browser before the date.

Cheers,
Sid.
Attachments
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
seashell - You should have received the results at the very end of the test. You should have seen your score. You did not see it?

seashell wrote:
Kidbeat wrote:
Hello,

So this is my first post on Gmat Club and I would like to thank everyone, especially the moderators at GC, for building such a helpful community which is so conducive for tackling the GMAT.
Day before yesterday I gave my first GMAT attempt which was on the Enhanced GMAT Online. The information on the new Enhanced GMAT Online is scarce as of now and that is why I wanted to post my experience here.

Starting with my score, which was a 700 (Q50 V35 IR 7 AWA 5), was lower than my expectations and I will definitely give one more attempt as my target is 760. I have not given the in-centre test yet so I cannot compare the difficulty with the in-centre test. But here are some procedural tips which might be helpful to boost your score a bit:

• My order was Verbal Quant IR AWA (which I feel I should have changed). The check-in procedure may or may not take time. In my case it took a lot of time almost 45-50 mins and when the questions start, they just pop up. This 45-50 min break might pose some problems at the start in terms getting in the flow despite of doing warmup before the quiz. So, I would suggest starting with your stronger section as getting the flow might take some time. For me, I should have started with quant as the first few questions of quant were extremely simple (first question as simple as arithmetic addition) and helped me get in the flow more.
• My very first hiccup started at the examity page where I could not see the link despite refreshing the page several times. I then got on chat support and they were reviewing it but by this time it was the time for my appointment so I refreshed the page once again and even lost the chat support. As a last ditch measure, I closed everything, logged back on the GMAT site and there in future appointments I saw the launch exam link which led me to the examity page with the connect to proctor link.
• The proctor was super friendly and helpful and answered all my queries right from the stupidest things.
• A debrief that I had read initially said that his proctor monitored him on zoom so having it installed a priori might be helpful. But for me the software was different. Although as the setup file was very light, the installation didn’t take much time. It has an interface similar to that of any other video calling application, so you won’t face any problems there. However, one big change that I feel with the Enhanced GMAT is that you can talk to your proctor if you want, rather than sending him a text thus making everything faster and clearer. All of the procedure will be orally dictated by the proctor. This includes verifying your identity to showing your room and surroundings.
• You will be asked to take a photo of your PC (both front side and back side) so you might require your phone for that. You don’t have to upload the photo anywhere but just show the phone screen through your webcam to the proctor.
• My check-in process might have taken some time due to the ambiguity of the rules as initially the proctor was okay having my phone in the same room (although in a cupboard), but later asked me to put it outside the room.
• Although the site says that drivers license etc would be okay, I suggest you have your passport with you, as in my case I had to go out of the room and fetch my passport despite of having my driver’s license and aadhar card with me which was already linked.
• But rest assured the proctors are really supportive and will make you feel at ease (this was at least in my case :p)
• The optional breaks are 8 mins each which are inclusive of the time required to show your whiteboard twice (once before getting up and once after coming back) and show your room and area under the desk. This process requires somewhere close to 2 mins so I suggest you plan your break accordingly
• You can have even two water bottles with you on the condition that they must be clear. One of my bottles had a label so he asked me to remove it. In one bottle I had an energy drink so it is not necessary that it must have water only as long as the bottle is clear.
• An important tip is regarding the camera positioning. The proctor will ask you to come back in frame the moment you start swaying away from it (which generally happens as we take notes or lower our head to think). So, keep your camera position such that you will be in frame despite of these movements (the farther the better).
• You can have the air-conditioner remote in the same room but not in an arm’s reach and can use it only in the breaks to change the temperature.
• The score flashes as soon as you are done with the AWA but you cant write it down. My report was up on the official website in around 5-6 hours.
• In case the connection breaks, the secure browser will shut down with your progress saved. You can reconnect to the internet and join back. (This is what at least the proctor told me)
• I suggest no matter what question or action, run it through the proctor by calling out for him. They are very prompt in addressing it.

In terms of prep I would score around a Q50-51 in all tests and V37-45. One major difference that I felt while attempting the GMAT was the level of the questions, especially in quant. After the 15-16th question or so there will barely be any question where you will be able to recover time. Almost all questions will require around 2 mins to solve. Some might even have really big question stems. Hence, time management is extremely critical, especially at the start.

Also I had a question, is it possible for me to order the ESR for the GMAT Online? If yes, how can I do it?

All the information that I shared was my experience, so I would suggest you to cross check, if you have any doubts, with the necessary authorities.

That being said, I wish you all best of luck for your GMAT and your future endeavours and hope you get the dream score that you want!

Thanks and Regards
Kidbeat

Hi Kidbeat,

Can you really see your exam result after 5-6 hours? I took my exam on 22 May and I have not receive my score yet, my exam status is still Pending. Did you see your unofficial result in appointment status area in your account? Do you guys see your results in enhanced gmat exam so fast, should I be suspicious about my situation :?

Thank you for your replies

Posted from my mobile device

Hi bb,

I saw at the end of the exam my unofficial result but the screen disappeared after 1 minute. Unfortunately, the system didn't allow me to take screenshot or photos. I got confirmation mail 1 hour after the exam. I can't see my unofficial result at my mba account, also the official scores have not announced yet. ( My exam was on 22 May)

The exam appointment status is still pending and when I click on Learn More button, the pop-up message which says "GMAT™ Online scores are typically available within 7 business days of completing your exam." opens. I added the screenshot of the account page.

I have to send my unofficial results to business school until tomorrow, I wrote many emails to Examity and Gmat Customer Care to get a screenshot or proof of the my unofficial scores but I have no replies. I think I will lose my chance to apply .

I think there should be a way to access or see the unofficial scores after the exam. I didn't take the test center exam but I read that the unofficial scores is given in paper after the test center exams.
Attachments

gmat mba account page.png
gmat mba account page.png [ 167.32 KiB | Viewed 2941 times ]

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Kudos
pgwodehouse wrote:
Hey,

Does anyone know if we can wear earplugs or any noise cancelling headphones while giving online gmat?

Thanks

Nope we can't - someone could very well be cheating if the headphones are connected to some external source hence its forbidden
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Kudos
Hi - just wanted to post about my experience with the online exam. I ended up scoring a 710, but there were several technical issues / glitches while I was taking the exam:
- The choice buttons were unresponsive and there were delays while the time was running for both choosing an answer and submitting an answer (delays of up to 10 seconds)
- I was kicked out of the session 4 times throughout the duration of the exam and the proctor had to let me back into the exam through an extensive process that involved typing in a password
- The Examity proctor was a bit more unresponsive than I would have hoped and a few times when I was asking for whether he could help resolve the issue with the answer buttons not responding, he did not respond; other times, he would take 30+ seconds to respond
- I was unable to use the calculator during the IR section, because the same issues with the buttons being unresponsive - I tried it once, noticed the glitches and then just closed it
- Similar to some of the other issues, there was a significant lag between typing and the characters actually showing up on the screen on the AWA

The last issue was partially on me... Because the choice buttons were unresponsive, I got in the habit of clicking quickly several times and on Q31 of Quant, I clicked a couple of times before it actually and surprisingly switches to the window on the next page where I accidentally clicked one more time than I should have on the button "Continue exam" :lol: So I didn't get the 8 minute break between Q and V...

Overall, a pretty bad experience that probably to some extent influenced my score. I am not sure I would advise anybody to go through the online version of the exam, given these issues. I had a stable internet connection (office of my work) and passed all the system requirements. Will try to retake the exam in the test center soon - hopefully a better experience.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Kudos