Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:48 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 608 [0]
Given Kudos: 1348
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 613 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
GMAT 1: 630 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36 (Online)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
I'm feeling very anxious about using the online whiteboard instead of pen + paper - does anyone know of any sample online whiteboards which I could practice with? To me, the use of an online whiteboard feels like a disadvantage and that I may spend extra time figuring out how to use it. Any advice would be much appreciated!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 418 [0]
Given Kudos: 596
Concentration: Operations, Technology
Send PM
I have a question.

bb Did I read correctly that there will be no break allowed between Quant and Verbal section??
If it is correct, this is a really big disadvantage.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
eeagle wrote:
I'm feeling very anxious about using the online whiteboard instead of pen + paper - does anyone know of any sample online whiteboards which I could practice with? To me, the use of an online whiteboard feels like a disadvantage and that I may spend extra time figuring out how to use it. Any advice would be much appreciated!

It does not look the same as this one, but someone suggested https://app.ziteboard.com/ as a tool to try online whiteboarding.... but the GUI looks completely different.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
warrior1991 wrote:
I have a question.

bb Did I read correctly that there will be no break allowed between Quant and Verbal section??
If it is correct, this is a really big disadvantage.

That's how I am reading it - NO BREAK between Quant and Verbal.

My understanding is that this is to minimize people's ability to walk into a bathroom/closet and save/write down questions they saw on the exam. This way they would be less likely to still remember/memorize questions if they do Verbal after Quant or remember them no better than they would at a test center.
Tutor
Affiliations: GMAT Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 851 [0]
Given Kudos: 198
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GMAT 2: 770 Q51 V44
GMAT 3: 770 Q50 V44
GMAT 4: 770 Q50 V45 (Online)
GMAT 5: 780 Q51 V48
Send PM
Expert Reply
eeagle wrote:

Good question, here is a whiteboard tool that I've used for tutoring and recommend: https://app.ziteboard.com/
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Are we allowed to use an iPad or tablet to take the online GMAT?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 189
Send PM
The whiteboard is ridiculous. Its quite hard to manage time while using a whiteboard.
Also, Its how accustomed we're with a scratch paper.
I think it will be suitable for someone who is used to using less paper. And does most calculation in the head.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GPA: 3.18
Send PM
Honestly the AWA is the only section that would have seamlessly transitioned to an at-home test format and they cut the section out. I get the AWA isn’t as important as the others, but how is anybody supposed to take quant/verbal/IR with an online whiteboard anyways?? An AWA score would be the only comparable score coming out of this situation.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
Send PM
bb wrote:
Question: Was anyone able to successfully register and schedule their Online GMAT?

Unfortunately Yes!
Before I found out about online whiteboard fantasy they came up with, I was even ready to purchase Win 10 to comply with system requirements, as they don't accept Win 7 that I have. Thanks for the "solution" GMAC anyways...
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Maybe it is destiny... that’s trying to nudge you towards your future... or just life strikes again.

BoburMirzo26 wrote:
bb wrote:
Question: Was anyone able to successfully register and schedule their Online GMAT?

Unfortunately Yes!
Before I found out about online whiteboard fantasy they came up with, I was even ready to purchase Win 10 to comply with system requirements, as they don't accept Win 7 that I have. Thanks for the "solution" GMAC anyways...

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 136
Send PM
Hello
even i am little spectacle about this interim gmat.
it would be great if you help a littlebb
1)using this desktop feature to take notes will not affect our speed?
after all you have select the white board option and pen/pencil/shape/text option before writing/drawing anything on the board.
Erase it to solve other question. Consider a quant problem where combination of numbers, text and shapes is used. One has to select text to write one line ,then select a shape to draw. Then how will i label the sides of the triangle i have drawn? or make any notes on the diagram itself or shade a portion of diagram if needed. Some time and comfort level will be lost in doing all of it.
will this not affect our solving speed?
2)also, since now we had option to select the order of section in actual gmat, which we do not have in this interim gmat format. Do you think this change matters? Because otherwise i would have selected verbal and then quant. So does this affect our performance?
thankyou in advance :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 136
Send PM
bb thankyou so much for such a quick response.
So in general what is your suggestion-
should one register for this online exam considering the whiteboard shift and all other factors?
any important think one should keep in mind for both the options - i)delaying the exam ii)vs taking it online.
PS- I know these question do not a clear answer but since you are an expert your insight will help us to take decision.:)
Since gmat is such an exma where 1/2 ques and as lil as 5 min can make an impact of 10/20 pts on your score easily i think this is an important decision to take.
thankyou :)
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thanks. I think identification requirements seem to be a pretty big concern among the test takers. Some have expired documents and others may not have it with them. I’ll ask.

neob2k007 wrote:
Hi BB,
I had a small request to make.
if you get the change to speak to them or raise any questions, would you please be kind enough to raise the question below:

1. Most of us India are stuck in different places and may not have our passports with us. in such a situations, would a driving license, or a AADHAR card, or a Tax Identification (PAN) card work?

thanks a lot!

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
THANK YOU!!! I should probably spend more time with the documentation. This helps!!!

anak93 wrote:
bb wrote:
Silly question - what if you have a touchscreen laptop? Can you use the touchscreen for the virtual whiteboard? I have a feeling they won't be able to restrict it technically (though the proctor may be able to do so verbally).... Any thoughts?

No, touch screens are not allowed. The information is buried in the website. If you go to System Requirements, then click the link meant for network administrators, you'll see that they mentioned that touch screens are not allowed on page 4.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bb
Do you know if we can practice with the whiteboard before registering for the gmat online exam? I would like to see if I can get use to the whiteboard before spending 200 dollars + 30% off taxes in my country= 260 at least
Manager
Manager
Send PM
People are crying because they can’t use paper on the gmat exam. The main problem is that if you take the exam with papers, then you can pass those exercises to somebody else. That’s why we are not allowed to use paper. And it’s quite understandable.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 146
GMAT 1: 610 Q46 V28
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V36
Send PM
There won't be any scratch pads during the test, instead we would have to work on digital scratchpads provided by GMAC. I haven't really practiced using the digital scratch pad, will the committee be providing any mock tests following the new system.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  63   64   65   66   67  ...  183