Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 06:16 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 187
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 187
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72891 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
In General, is there any disadvantage of taking the test when it is not necessary? I would like to do the gmat for a possible future mba application in 2-3 years therefore I wouldn’t select schools to send my score to but just want the result as email within the 7 working days they mentioned. I started to prepare for the gmat one week ago and I am thinking about doing the online gmat exam in the end of may to get a feeling for it. What I would like to say is that maybe it works out and I will be happy af But if it doesn’t and I score low I couldn’t care less and would do it again in July or august in a real test centre. Would there be any disadvantage of this plan? Could the fact that I screwed up the online gmat diminish my chances of getting in the top bs? Thank you for getting this clear to me.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Bookmarks
2-3 years down the line, will B schools look at the gmat online test results as inferior or invalid compared to test center tests?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 146
GMAT 1: 610 Q46 V28
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V36
Send PM
Apart from only the online whiteboards being allowed in the exam, i have few more concerns
1. Will the applicants get practice tests according to the new format
2. Will we be allowed to use mouse or will we need to use the laptop's trackpad
3. Will we be allowed to use the touch screen of the laptop in case the laptop is touch screen enabled
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Would anyone know if I can change my schedules exam (currently at the test centre), to an online exam?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Concentration: Finance
Schools: CBS (M)
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
Send PM
SnehaSadani wrote:
Would anyone know if I can change my schedules exam (currently at the test centre), to an online exam?

I think you can cancel the exam that is at the centre, get the full refund and then opt of the online one.

Originally posted by d999 on 15 Apr 2020, 04:50.
Last edited by d999 on 15 Apr 2020, 06:00, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Is this online version even worth taking from an admissions standpoint?

No writing section, no whiteboard/notes, and a different version of the test altogether - Even if you got a great score, would someone in admissions see it as inferior to its normal test center equivalent?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GPA: 3.87
Send PM
[quote="mira93"][quote="Ramadityanand"]Was anyone able to register for the exam? For the scratchpad part, I feel they should atleast allow touch screen laptops. Otherwise it will be incredibly difficult to solve all the math questions in the give time. Also there is no optional break between Quant and Verbal. I don't know why they did that, Can't think of any reason for doing that. If anyone can comment on these it would be really helpful. Thanks in advance.[/quote]

I think if they allow touch screen, it will disadvantage some test takers, particularly me, because mine is not touchscreen. In general, to make it fair, they must allow to take notes on erasable board. As per no break regulation, i also think it is a fresh hell, cause i have no idea how to manage 2h of intense pressure with no break. they could have allowed us at least 1-2 min break, so we could run to bathroom at least. But maybe not, because we could remember qs and have them written down during break -_-[/quote]

[size=80][b][i]Posted from my mobile device[/i][/b][/size]
I totally agree with you. Its a huge disadvantage. I dont have a laptop touch screen.. Its unfair!
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
You were totally right about the ability to send score reports to schools only after seeing the score. Sorry for doubting you :-)

M
AjiteshArun wrote:
The last few posts show that test takers seem to be very concerned about the Online GMAT, but here is the advice I'm giving my students: for most test takers, the risk is limited to $200 (and some time).

1. For test takers concerned about security: The GMAC must assume that the entire question pool will be leaked. I don't know if they'll tell us what they're doing about that, but any reasonably organized group of test takers can obtain the entire pool even with the limit on the number of attempts (only one attempt allowed).

2. For test takers worried about the impact of various policies on their score: The Online GMAT doesn't count towards either the twelve month or the lifetime limits. In other words, taking the Online GMAT doesn't hurt your ability to take the exam at a test center when that option becomes available.

3. For anyone who already has a score and is concerned about the "advantage" that people taking the Online GMAT will receive: I'm not sure whether this will actually be an advantage, but the main point is that in these times, we have to be willing to support measures to help people who simply must take the GMAT now (whatever their reasons). I'm not an applicant, but I do work with test takers every single day, and I believe it would be better to help genuine applicants than to deny options to everyone because of (1).

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
bb wrote:
Andreacesare wrote:
I am going to be taking the test on the first day available, 20 April. However, I am really concerned about the fact that we will not be able to take notes on paper/whiteboard: I am really scared about the amount of time we will lose writing on the "online whiteboard" provided, instead of using pen and paper. What do you think? I guess I will have to improve my pace in the Quant section.

It is tough.... will be awkward and I think the best thing to do is do a few hours of practice of doing shorthand with an online whiteboard (just google for one - quite a few available) and figure out how to manage questions and what you want to write down.

It's not going to be "tough" it will be objectively more difficult than if you had the scratch paper like for the standard test experience, and more difficult than the Online GRE, which allows scratch paper.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
I have a portable urinal that I sometimes use at work due to bladder control issues. With no break, will they allow me to use it mid-test? I know this sounds like a joke but I'd be willing to show the camera the inside to ensure no writing, etc. Would even go in front of them if requested, although I'm sure the proctor wouldn't agree.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 613 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
GMAT 1: 630 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36 (Online)
Send PM
I've tried solving quant problems with the whiteboard. It's definitely more difficult to solve problems with the whiteboard... I think it's time to choose GRE or wait until GMAT can be taken as it used to be.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 95 [0]
Given Kudos: 58
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GPA: 3.1
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
bb wrote:
MastersOfBusiness wrote:
Are we allowed to use an iPad or tablet to take the online GMAT?

Can’t use iPad per the tech requirements.
Not unless you can Run windows or MacOS on them ;)

This link is supposed to allow you to run a System Test but it is not working right now :(
https://service.proctorcam.com/system_t ... ystem_test

Mine still not working. Anyone else experiencing "system test" broken link?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
rosemary7 wrote:
Is this online version even worth taking from an admissions standpoint?

No writing section, no whiteboard/notes, and a different version of the test altogether - Even if you got a great score, would someone in admissions see it as inferior to its normal test center equivalent?

I think it is worth if you have an exploding deadline for applying right now (Extended R3/R4 deadlines). But even then, schools are allowing the applicant to take the test later. But maybe it is better applying with a Online score than without any, who knows.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 95 [0]
Given Kudos: 58
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GPA: 3.1
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Isnt this a hacked website? GMAC is an international organization and there are three huge bugs on their most important announcement article:

https://www.gmac.com/exams/gmat-online/ ... quirements System requirements page not found

https://www.gmac.com/frequently-asked-q ... ng-my-exam technical issues page not found

https://service.proctorcam.com/system_t ... ystem_test "we are sorry but something went wrong"

am I the only one experiencing this?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
YashKothari94 wrote:
Can you take the test on an iPad and use the Apple pencil on the online board?

Well this is unacceptable, now for the exam one has to invest in apple pencil and tablet?
LBS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 775 [0]
Given Kudos: 1577
Send PM
Tbh I did not think that GMAC would allow home-tests in the first place! The fact that it is still an option is a step forward. Some schools are accepting submission of application forms with the option to take GMAT at a later date. People might want to consider that option?

As far as switching to GRE is concerned, I think by the time you prepare to give the GRE, the chances of lock-down to cease and normalcy to return is high.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Tablets are prohibited. Touch screens are also prohibited. Your investment comment is irrelevant

Durkhe wrote:
YashKothari94 wrote:
Can you take the test on an iPad and use the Apple pencil on the online board?

Well this is unacceptable, now for the exam one has to invest in apple pencil and tablet?

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  64   65   66   67   68  ...  183