GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 10 Jul 2020, 15:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2020, 11:07
Sorry, I was wrong. I just re-read the instructions and it says that you can book all online. All can be online. Sorry about that.

aditya2491 wrote:
Hi bb. Thank you for the prompt response. So you're saying that if someone wants to retest GMAT Online with a physical whiteboard they have to call the GMAC and book a new slot. But for someone who is taking GMAT Online for the first time with a physical whiteboard they can do it online. Is my understanding correct?

bb wrote:
It looks like for GMAT Online retest, you have to call. For a physical test, you can do it online.

aditya2491 wrote:
Hi bb. When someone who has already given the GMAT Online with a whiteboard, tries to book the GMAT again (a date after 11th July), can they directly do it online, or they have to call the GMAC helpline and then do it? The reason why I ask is that earlier you were allowed to book the exam only once, so I'm sure they would have had some restrictions on this. Ideally they should remove that change that now. But still. GMAC helpline from what I've heard is super slow. Hence, checking.

Hi souvik101990. Since you've given the exam, can you just try booking the slot online (not actually book it)?

bb wrote:
What part of this statement are you doubting?

For test takers who took the GMAT™ Online exam before the ability to use a physical whiteboard (June 11, 2020) was made available, we are offering the option to take the GMAT™ Online exam an additional time.

arora1 wrote:
mcelroytutoring : Thanks. I hope what you are saying happens to be what the GMAT also meant. But it is strange for them to leave that sort of a loophole.. They could have allowed to use the physical whiteboard (from the very next day of the announcement) for each new exam booked and provide the option of retake to the other candidates who used the online board
I am so used to using the online board that i know feel confident of giving the exam. Will surely attempt once before June10

Posted from my mobile device

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
WAMC! - What Are My Chances - Automated Profile Evaluation Tool is Here!
Everything we know about GMAT ONLINE is Here!
Manager
Manager
G
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2020, 11:12
bb wrote:

For test takers who took the GMAT™ Online exam before the ability to use a physical whiteboard (June 11, 2020) was made available, we are offering the option to take the GMAT™ Online exam an additional time.

arora1 wrote:
mcelroytutoring : Thanks. I hope what you are saying happens to be what the GMAT also meant. But it is strange for them to leave that sort of a loophole.. They could have allowed to use the physical whiteboard (from the very next day of the announcement) for each new exam booked and provide the option of retake to the other candidates who used the online board
I am so used to using the online board that i know feel confident of giving the exam. Will surely attempt once before June10

What if after June 11, I dont get a restest option? They might just say "oh!, you booked the exam on 7th June and that is well past the announcement date and hence you could have booked a slot for 11th June and used a physical board. Therefore, you are not eligible for another online exam. The retest was only was those who BOOKED and took the exam before 10th June".
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2020, 11:20
Is that really what you are concerned about? Just BOOK the date NOW. There are no cancelation fees for GMAT online.
But I see no basis for your fear. You can equally fear that they would make the change any day.

arora1 wrote:
bb wrote:

arora1 wrote:

What if after June 11, I dont get a restest option? They might just say "oh!, you booked the exam on 7th June and that is well past the announcement date and hence you could have booked a slot for 11th June and used a physical board. Therefore, you are not eligible for another online exam. The retest was only was those who BOOKED and took the exam before 10th June".

Manager
Manager
S
GPA: 4
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2020, 11:26
Thanks for the reply. As you have said, I want to be 100% sure so that I don't face any complications later.

If I send out my score this year but I apply next year do I still need to resend the score or will the score be available always?

bb wrote:
Hi. What makes you think that GMAT online scores would not be valid past this year? They are valid for a year. It is clearly written that the test scores are valid for 5 years.

It is also clearly written that 1 marker is allowed.

PS. Seems you have a bit of mistrust of authority. 😂 which is understandable in these times of misinformation. Hope this does not impact your RC timing and process. Good luck!

Bjartskular wrote:
bb

I have a few questions.

1.) When I give the online exam, and I decide to apply next year(2022 intake) instead of this year, can I still use this score itself? I want to take the exam as I am prepared now.

This online score will be reusable right? Even if I send the score this year to colleges, can I apply next year? Do I need to resend the scores next year?

2.) For the physical whiteboard, can we have multiple markers? It is mentioned only one marker but we know that the ink gets used up pretty fast.

Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2020, 11:34
Sending score reports is FREE for GMAT Online so your question is really about just logging into the system and clicking a button once vs. doing it two times. It will probably be faster than for me to type this. However, you can share the scores only once AND if the school for some reason says they don't see them, you can share/submit them again and in that case, you will have to dust off your computer, turn it on, login to mba. com and click a button.

Bjartskular wrote:
Thanks for the reply. As you have said, I want to be 100% sure so that I don't face any complications later.

If I send out my score this year but I apply next year do I still need to resend the score or will the score be available always?

bb wrote:
Hi. What makes you think that GMAT online scores would not be valid past this year? They are valid for a year. It is clearly written that the test scores are valid for 5 years.

It is also clearly written that 1 marker is allowed.

PS. Seems you have a bit of mistrust of authority. 😂 which is understandable in these times of misinformation. Hope this does not impact your RC timing and process. Good luck!

Bjartskular wrote:
bb

I have a few questions.

1.) When I give the online exam, and I decide to apply next year(2022 intake) instead of this year, can I still use this score itself? I want to take the exam as I am prepared now.

This online score will be reusable right? Even if I send the score this year to colleges, can I apply next year? Do I need to resend the scores next year?

2.) For the physical whiteboard, can we have multiple markers? It is mentioned only one marker but we know that the ink gets used up pretty fast.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2020, 14:00
arora1 My suggestion would be to concentrate on the exam and try to score best according to your ability in a single try. Thinking about the retest even before you try would have a negative effect on your preparation.
If you are not comfortable with online whiteboard then give the test with physical whiteboard. I hope that helps.

Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2020, 14:39
Nicoz wrote:
arora1 My suggestion would be to concentrate on the exam and try to score best according to your ability in a single try. Thinking about the retest even before you try would have a negative effect on your preparation.
If you are not comfortable with online whiteboard then give the test with physical whiteboard. I hope that helps.

Agreed! As per GMAC's email:

Reminder: If you choose to retest, you must schedule your exam between June 11 and July 17.

The EA email that went out today, says this in addition to the above:

Retests will not be allowed after July 17, 2020.

Bottom line: You can retest any time after June 11 as long as you do it before July 17, regardless of when you schedule your retest.

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2020, 16:45
Hi guys, a question from people who have taken the online GMAT:

I took my online GMAT this afternoon. It went smoothly this time, unlike last time around one month ago that the screen went black (they gave me another chance to take the exam). At the end of IR when I clicked next for last question, there was only one option to "End Exam" and it was telling me to click it, I clicked it and it said do you want to end the exam, I clicked YES. Then the window was closed and now my profile says delivery successful. My question is shouldn't have been an option to cancel the exam or not?
I read somewhere that at the end of exam it asks you whether you wanna cancel.
I'm concerned that maybe I messed up something and somehow canceled my test be clicking
"end exam". Appreciate it if you could clarify if you have taken the exam.
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2020, 16:49
Congrats!!!! Fingers crossed for a great score! You did not want to wait for the physical whiteboard?

What did you think about the virtual whiteboard?

(I have spent some time asking Souvik about this when he took the test in April and just verified again). There is actually no options to cancel the test. Very early on, before anyone has taken the test, there was information that you could cancel the score before seeing it. However, that was not true after people started taking GMAT online. It is basically not possible to cancel the test or the score.

PS. Of course you can just walk out of the room during the test and violate the policy and they will cancel the test for you but that’s a different story :-)

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2020, 16:58
Thank man! Hopefully haha, we will see. I hope I did everything well in the end and they actually gave me a score (I think I did, there was only one thing to click in the end and it was "End Exam".)
As for exam with physical whiteboard, my work is gonna open up next week so I wanted to do this before that.
The exam and questions were normal I think. I didn't find them (both Q and V) harder or easier than GMAT Prep questions tbh.
I will write more details about it when I receive the score, as I think that'd be a better analysis when I know how I have done.

Also thanks for clarifying that. So I think that was it then, right after IR there was only one window to click "end exam" and then the screen was closed and automatically went to a survey in Chrome browser.

bb wrote:
Congrats!!!! Fingers crossed for a great score! You did not want to wait for the physical whiteboard?

(I have spent some time asking Souvik about this when he took the test in April and just verified again). There is actually no options to cancel the test. Very early on, before anyone has taken the test, there was information that you could cancel the score before seeing it. However, that was not true after people started taking GMAT online. It is basically not possible to cancel the test or the score.

PS. Of course you can just walk out of the room during the test and violate the policy and they will cancel the test for you but that’s a different story :-)

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39 (Online)
GPA: 4
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2020, 17:05
ZM308 wrote:
Thank man! Hopefully haha, we will see. I hope I did everything well in the end and they actually gave me a score (I think I did, there was only one thing to click in the end and it was "End Exam".)
As for exam with physical whiteboard, my work is gonna open up next week so I wanted to do this before that.
The exam and questions were normal I think. I didn't find them (both Q and V) harder or easier than GMAT Prep questions tbh.
I will write more details about it when I receive the score, as I think that'd be a better analysis when I know how I have done.

Also thanks for clarifying that. So I think that was it then, right after IR there was only one window to click "end exam" and then the screen was closed and automatically went to a survey in Chrome browser.

bb wrote:

Yeah, that's exactly what happened with me as well. You should get your score in a couple of days so keep an eye on your My Account page on MBA.com. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2020, 17:12
Great, thanks. Good to know. Does the score appear (or do you see any change when score is available) on the main page of your account? Or you need to click on "view appointment" on the gmat online part and then click on the recent completed exam, and then see it? Thanks

nsaharan1990 wrote:
ZM308 wrote:

bb wrote:

Yeah, that's exactly what happened with me as well. You should get your score in a couple of days so keep an eye on your My Account page on MBA.com. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45 (Online)
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V39

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2020, 17:17
Hi Guys,

In online GMAT, Can anyone please confirm do we have to save the last sectional (Q/V) answer as well or is it auto submitted as long as an answer (radio button) is selected.

In Gmatprep software I clearly remember I ran out of time in verbal before saving my last answer but it was counted and my answer was auto saved.

Director
Director
P
Affiliations: AB, cum laude, Harvard University (Class of '02)
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169
WE: Education (Education)

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2020, 19:37
Top Contributor
Yes, I took it two nights ago and all that remained at the end of the IR section was an "End Exam" button, which I clicked of course (I wonder whether you have to click this button for the score to be officially sent?).

For a moment I panicked and thought that I had somehow cancelled my score, until I realized that's impossible on the GMAT Online, and then of course I got the "test delivery successful" message.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2020, 20:55
I'm thinking about taking those 2x GMAT Online strategies.
However, upon looking, GMAT Online FAQ. Will this FAQ answer be a concern?

"My appointment is prior to June 11, can I still use the physical whiteboard?
If you prefer to use the physical whiteboard during your exam, you must test on or after June 11. You can only take the GMAT Online exam once. Appointments can be rescheduled through July 17 at no cost. "
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2020, 21:10
Gmat prep does not auto save. Unless of course you have something more concrete to offer than “I clearly remember”

FYI.
https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-prep-sc ... 01819.html

Shivam1809 wrote:
Hi Guys,

In online GMAT, Can anyone please confirm do we have to save the last sectional (Q/V) answer as well or is it auto submitted as long as an answer (radio button) is selected.

In Gmatprep software I clearly remember I ran out of time in verbal before saving my last answer but it was counted and my answer was auto saved.

Director
Director
P
Affiliations: AB, cum laude, Harvard University (Class of '02)
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169
WE: Education (Education)

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 05 Jun 2020, 21:41
Top Contributor
I received my GMAT Online scores via my mba.com account less than 48 hours after the completion of my exam!

Not bad for having to take notes with a mouse, but I also plan on taking advantage of the physical whiteboard retake option after June 11th.

I was hoping for a perfect score, but the good news is that I've taken the GMAT 6 times now, and my 700+ streak is still alive (700, 710, 730, 730, 750, 770)! I might not have the highest scores of any GMAT tutor, but I can stake a claim as one of the most consistent--even in my old age, taking the GMAT in a house with 3 kids and 2 dogs, without a physical whiteboard at 10 pm.

I am thinking that with the physical whiteboard I can at least bring the Quant back up to 49 or 50, since I've already scored Q50 on the test-center GMAT. Verbal is always a crapshoot, but I welcome another chance to try for 51, especially now that I know I can't do any worse than 730, since GMAC will allow you to keep the better of the two composite scores. In retrospect, I probably should have taken my time on Verbal more--I finished 25 minutes early, but I didn't feel rushed. Then again, I must have made about 5 mistakes (out of the 30 counted questions) to have earned a V42, based on my prior ESR studies.

I now have the luxury of taking my second GMAT Online exam and not worrying about a low score: if I don't score 740 composite or above on the second try, then the first score of 730 will remain on my account.

-Brian

Originally posted by mcelroytutoring on 05 Jun 2020, 21:20.
Last edited by mcelroytutoring on 05 Jun 2020, 21:41, edited 5 times in total.
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2020, 21:29
[quote="bb"]Gmat prep does not auto save. Unless of course you have something more concrete to offer than “I clearly remember”

FYI.
https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-prep-sc ... 01819.html

Bb
Thanks for the clarity !

I wish I had more to add than ' I clearly remember' , maybe 'if my memory serves me right'. :P

3percentile drop on an already bad Quant (online whiteboard) outing is going to be tough.

Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2020, 21:55
mcelroytutoring wrote:
I received my GMAT Online scores via my mba.com account less than 48 hours after the completion of my exam!

Not bad for having to take notes with a mouse, but I also plan on taking advantage of the physical whiteboard retake option after June 11th.

I was hoping for a perfect score, but the good news is that I've taken the GMAT 6 times now, and my 700+ streak is still alive (700, 710, 730, 730, 750, 770)! I might not have the highest scores of any GMAT tutor, but I can stake a claim as one of the most consistent--even in my old age, taking the GMAT in a house with 3 kids and 2 dogs, without a physical whiteboard at 10 pm.

I am thinking that with the physical whiteboard I can at least bring the Quant back up to 49 or 50, since I've already scored Q50 on the test-center GMAT. Verbal is always a crapshoot, but I welcome another chance to try for 51, especially now that I know I can't do any worse than 730, since GMAC will allow you to keep the better of the two composite scores. In retrospect, I probably should have taken my time on Verbal more--I finished 25 minutes early, but I didn't feel rushed. Then again, I must have made about 5 mistakes (out of the 30 counted questions) to have earned a V42, based on my prior ESR studies.

I now have the luxury of taking my second GMAT Online exam and not worrying about a low score: if I don't score 740 composite or above on the second try, then the first score of 730 will remain on my account.

-Brian

Congratulations Brian !

Streak Stands :)

One quick question:

In my GMAT online section I am not getting any retest options (although I gave my online test yesterday and I am yet to receive even the score) , are you able to reschedule your physical board online attempt ?

Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2020, 22:20
I guess the question is - do we invite Vineet from GMAC for another interview about GMAT Online and new rules

What does everyone feel? Y/N?

Or should we perhaps invite a member perhaps who has aced their GMAT such as https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-online- ... 26070.html ?

GMAT Club Bot
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]   [#permalink] 05 Jun 2020, 22:20

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  63   64   65   66   67   68   69  ...  97    Next  [ 1923 posts ] 

GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep