GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 07 Jul 2020, 03:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2020, 02:15
Hi bb. Yes please, on both!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39 (Online)
GPA: 4
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2020, 02:56
ZM308 wrote:
Great, thanks. Good to know. Does the score appear (or do you see any change when score is available) on the main page of your account? Or you need to click on "view appointment" on the gmat online part and then click on the recent completed exam, and then see it? Thanks

nsaharan1990 wrote:
ZM308 wrote:

Also thanks for clarifying that. So I think that was it then, right after IR there was only one window to click "end exam" and then the screen was closed and automatically went to a survey in Chrome browser.

bb wrote:
Congrats!!!! Fingers crossed for a great score! You did not want to wait for the physical whiteboard?

Posted from my mobile device

Yeah, that's exactly what happened with me as well. You should get your score in a couple of days so keep an eye on your My Account page on MBA.com. Good luck!

You will see an option to view your score on your MBA.com account page. I have attached the screenshot for your reference. This usually appears after 48 hours from completion of the test.
Attachments

GMAT Online Score.png
GMAT Online Score.png [ 39.61 KiB | Viewed 1264 times ]

Manager
Manager
S
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2020, 08:13
Guys who have taken GMAT online, did it feel tiring not having a break between Quant and Verbal? Also, I see some posts where the users have mentioned that the quality of the questions was different. Is this true? Also, I have seen many people who got black screens during their tests. Can you please tell me about your experiences?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39 (Online)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2020, 09:05
Bjartskular wrote:
Guys who have taken GMAT online, did it feel tiring not having a break between Quant and Verbal? Also, I see some posts where the users have mentioned that the quality of the questions was different. Is this true? Also, I have seen many people who got black screens during their tests. Can you please tell me about your experiences?

I am not sure whether the quality of the questions were different but I definitely felt that not having the break affected my performance on Verbal. Perhaps one way to get around it is to try and finish the Quant section a minute or two early and use that time to get a break between the two sections.
Director
Director
P
Affiliations: AB, cum laude, Harvard University (Class of '02)
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169
WE: Education (Education)

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 06 Jun 2020, 10:06
Top Contributor
A word of caution for anyone seeking to verify his/her GMAT Online scores on this forum: it's not yet clear whether the GMAT Club score verification system can handle more than one verified GMAT Online score.

If you plan on retaking with the physical whiteboard in hopes of a higher composite score, then you might want to hold off on verifying until you receive the 2nd score.

Originally posted by mcelroytutoring on 06 Jun 2020, 09:46.
Last edited by mcelroytutoring on 06 Jun 2020, 10:06, edited 1 time in total.
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2020, 09:58
People are not great judges of difficulty and I would definitely discard and ignore comments of quality. What does that even mean? Quality of questions? My guess is people were expecting to see the exact same questions they were practicing with and suddenly they got some questions they’ve never seen before. That is going to happen. It will always happen on your test if you are doing well and you should be prepared how to handle that situation. GMAT is not about taking 2000 questions and figuring out every single pattern. Some people advocates taking a lot of questions and learning from them but usually their scores will never be more than 700. That is because hard questions tend to be out of the box questions that rely on your knowledge of the fundamentals and not your ability to act like a machine and regurgitate answers based on your past experience solving thousands of questions.

I especially love when somebody gets a 600 and they complain about the quality of questions. What makes them an expert in GMAT questions is what I wonder 😂

nsaharan1990 wrote:
Bjartskular wrote:

I am not sure whether the quality of the questions were different but I definitely felt that not having the break affected my performance on Verbal. Perhaps one way to get around it is to try and finish the Quant section a minute or two early and use that time to get a break between the two sections.

V

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2020, 10:04
We got one vote for both. That’s not helpful 😂

PS. We had an awesome GMAT Club member on YouTube today by the way.

bb wrote:
I guess the question is - do we invite Vineet from GMAC for another interview about GMAT Online and new rules

What does everyone feel? Y/N?

Or should we perhaps invite a member perhaps who has aced their GMAT such as https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-online- ... 26070.html ?

S
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2020, 10:07
I was mostly referring to people who are part of an institute and would have a good idea. But I guess you are right that those who get less than their expected score will crib about it.
My major concern was the whiteboard and since it is resolved I will be taking the exam as soon as I get the whiteboard I ordered. As I see it the online version is all pros and no cons now. I can save a ton of money with the free reporting :) .

bb wrote:
People are not great judges of difficulty and I would definitely discard and ignore comments of quality. What does that even mean? Quality of questions? My guess is people were expecting to see the exact same questions they were practicing with and suddenly they got some questions they’ve never seen before. That is going to happen. It will always happen on your test if you are doing well and you should be prepared how to handle that situation. GMAT is not about taking 2000 questions and figuring out every single pattern. Some people advocates taking a lot of questions and learning from them but usually their scores will never be more than 700. That is because hard questions tend to be out of the box questions that rely on your knowledge of the fundamentals and not your ability to act like a machine and regurgitate answers based on your past experience solving thousands of questions.

I especially love when somebody gets a 600 and they complain about the quality of questions. What makes them an expert in GMAT questions is what I wonder 😂

nsaharan1990 wrote:
Bjartskular wrote:

Manager
Manager
S
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2020, 10:10
Both if possible ;). If there was only one choice then I would prefer the GMAC representative I guess.

bb wrote:

bb wrote:
I guess the question is - do we invite Vineet from GMAC for another interview about GMAT Online and new rules

Or should we perhaps invite a member perhaps who has aced their GMAT such as

Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2020, 10:18
Yes! You got it! People are making up excuses about getting a lower score.

The GMAT questions are well tested by the algorithm to be consistent. That’s why you have the experimental questions.

Bjartskular wrote:
I was mostly referring to people who are part of an institute and would have a good idea. But I guess you are right that those who get less than their expected score will crib about it.
My major concern was the whiteboard and since it is resolved I will be taking the exam as soon as I get the whiteboard I ordered. As I see it the online version is all pros and no cons now. I can save a ton of money with the free reporting :) .

bb wrote:

nsaharan1990 wrote:
Bjartskular wrote:

Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2020, 10:24
bb wrote:

bb wrote:

Or should we perhaps invite a member perhaps who has aced their GMAT such as https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-online- ... 26070.html ?

Is it just me or Souvik's way of speaking was a bit different on this one

Just toying around to those who think I am being offensive lol
Free Admissions and GMAT consulting "GMAT Club special"
No spams No bullshit; Purely FACT BASED SOCIAL SERVICE
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2020, 17:23
Hi all - thanks for your helpful tips. I was wondering if it is okay to mumble Reading passages/critical reading prompts in the GMAT Online exam? Don't want to cause any red flags for the proctor but mouthing the passage helps me concentrate better.
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2020, 17:48
pn16 wrote:
Hi all - thanks for your helpful tips. I was wondering if it is okay to mumble Reading passages/critical reading prompts in the GMAT Online exam? Don't want to cause any red flags for the proctor but mouthing the passage helps me concentrate better.

Sorry, you can’t mumble unfortunately. The proctor will intervene and ask you to be quiet. There were a few mentions of it in debriefs. Sorry.

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2020, 19:04
bb wrote:
pn16 wrote:

Sorry, you can’t mumble unfortunately. The proctor will intervene and ask you to be quiet. There were a few mentions of it in debriefs. Sorry.

Ahh, I see. I will approach accordingly. Thanks for the advice!
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2020, 19:19
I was mumbling and the proctor interrupted me twice through chat. So try not to do that otherwise you will be distracted and lose time.
pn16 wrote:
Manager
Manager
S
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2020, 19:58
Do we have a list of points to note before/during the GMAT Online exam? Like do's and don't's?

bb wrote:
pn16 wrote:

Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38 (Online)
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 07 Jun 2020, 01:02
One more question from people who have given the test.
Are hand gestures allowed?
Even if I try no to mumble, I tend to make a lot of hand gestures.
Is it only me or others also find this approach comfortable to approach a diffucult level ques ?
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45 (Online)
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V39

Show Tags

New post 07 Jun 2020, 02:25
gmat2020trgt740 wrote:
One more question from people who have given the test.
Are hand gestures allowed?
Even if I try no to mumble, I tend to make a lot of hand gestures.
Is it only me or others also find this approach comfortable to approach a diffucult level ques ?

Sorry no, you can not mumble or do hand gestures, it might raise flags as proctor might think you are signalling someone.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V28

Show Tags

New post 07 Jun 2020, 02:45
Hey guys, hope all of you stay healthy

Can I take Gmat ONline if a test-center is opened in my city?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34

Show Tags

New post 07 Jun 2020, 02:51
LevanKhukhunashvili wrote:
Hey guys, hope all of you stay healthy

Can I take Gmat ONline if a test-center is opened in my city?

I think you can, I just take the test last wed and the test center already open in my city. Also, please CMIIW, but I don't think they know where you live right now so even if they did prohibit online gmat for those who lives in city with open test center. You could always say you live in a remote area haha

GMAT Club Bot
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]   [#permalink] 07 Jun 2020, 02:51

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  64   65   66   67   68   69   70  ...  93    Next  [ 1854 posts ] 

GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep