Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:47 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: Bocconi '21
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 252 [0]
Given Kudos: 1696
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Simon '24 (A)
GMAT 1: 610 Q46 V28
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40 (Online)
GPA: 3.37
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
Anybody want to shed some thought on my insidious, yet intelligent plan...

So I'm trying to schedule face-to-face time with a Veritas Prep expert instructor for $185/hr. I'll be taking the online exam within 7 days, so I feel that I need some genuine interaction and communication; that's just me. Anyhow, Veritas Prep said I have to become a "Veritas client" first, which I was told on phone meant buying a class. The cheapest class they offer is a Self-Study plan for $699. Thus, my plan was to buy the course, then have the instructor hour, then ultimately refund my course. There website mentions "a full refund is available" if nothing is opened within 7 days, and I plan not to even touch it. Additionally, I spoke with Veritas Prep's Sales Director and she said my loophole would work.

Ultimately, do you think my loophole plan would work. The Director seemed genuine, but then again their goal is to get money, so I'm not sure. I would appreciate any thoughts on if my plan of buying the course and tutoring, receiving only the tutoring, and then refunding the course would work and if Veritas truly means what they say. It would mean a lot for someone trying to save money.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jlfriedman wrote:
On MBA site, there is a new button for "Send GMAT Online Score," but I still have not gotten the email with my score. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there any way to find out my online score aside from the email?

Did you end up receiving your score? I took my exam on 5/1 and this button just popped on my account as well, but no email yet.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
I would be very interested in figuring out a way to see the score on mba.com - that would be super helpful. If anyone figures it out, please let me know!!! :-)
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sorry :(

Please do join us in the Q&A with GMAC on Friday. And also we will also have a Chat in the GMAT Club main Chat room right AFTER the YouTube for any afterthoughts and comments.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 640 Q48 V28
GMAT 3: 680 Q50 V32
GMAT 4: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Hey guys, had a quick question on GMAT online. I had previously registered for GMAT on 3rd June at a test centre nearby, but with GMAT online facility, do I have to cancel my registration/reschedule my GMAT date at the test centre? tqia!

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
You don’t have to cancel your physical test center registration to take the GMAT Online.... but you may want to if you don’t need to take the test or if you want your money back.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 640 Q48 V28
GMAT 3: 680 Q50 V32
GMAT 4: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Got it! Thank you bb! And I’m assuming there is no 16 calendar day rule in re-taking gmat online and gmat at a physical test centre right?

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
acedrmonstaa wrote:
Got it! Thank you bb! And I’m assuming there is no 16 calendar day rule in re-taking gmat online and gmat at a physical test centre right?

Your assumption is correct. The online and offline tests can be taken without waiting.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
No way! I had the same issue and was given a case number after calling pearosn vue. However I retried after restarting my mac and it worked, but I had so many glitches that I couldnt see the timing which made me rush through the whole exam, and couldnt read parts of the text in verbal too, it was ridiculous.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Does anybody know if gaming mice with extra buttons are allowed? My mouse has buttons for next, back, and DPI sensitivity up/down.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
sjung92 wrote:
Does anybody know if gaming mice with extra buttons are allowed? My mouse has buttons for next, back, and DPI sensitivity up/down.

I believe it is OK but we will ask in the GMAC interview on Friday on YouTube to clarify (hope there is enough time...)

https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-club-in ... 23028.html

Intern
Intern
Send PM
shuchi7777 So wihtout question we can't take the exam for another 2 weeks? Or are we all waiting for the glitches to be resolved?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
vreddy1

GMAC is not offering any slot till 18th May.
I am just assuming that it is working on the glitches.

I am not sure ?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb so for those unfortunate ones, we have to wait 2 weeks regardless? I'm also emailing a Pearson VUE rep, who said he can "start the process" of scheduling an exam at my convenience. Does that actually mean he can find a time for me, and bypass the 2 week wait, or it's not possible for a rep for schedule an individual's exam? Thanks.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
pabpinor wrote:
Hi all,

I did not get an update from GMAC yet (from my experience I expect them to take some days or a week to reply), but I have seen that now I can register as soon as next Monday, the time slots available are consistent with what the demand looks like, so maybe it is unlocked again? Anyone that had it also locked for 15 days can double-check?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Pablo

Thank you. That’s great. Good luck on your next attempt!

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Hi guys,
Yesterday I took the online GMAT but unfortunately my screen went black during verbal section, and the camera also got deactivated. When I logged in again after a while they said I had been off camera and they would need to revoke the exam. Last night I chatted with them and they gave me a case number and said their team will review your case. I read a few other people also had their exam revoked.
Does anyone know what will happen next? or how long does it take them to make a decision?
Will they let us resume the exam or at least give us another chance to take the exam?
bb is there a thread or something for people who've experienced this?
Thanks.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
ZM308 wrote:
Hi guys,
Yesterday I took the online GMAT but unfortunately my screen went black during verbal section, and the camera also got deactivated. When I logged in again after a while they said I had been off camera and they would need to revoke the exam. Last night I chatted with them and they gave me a case number and said their team will review your case. I read a few other people also had their exam revoked.
Does anyone know what will happen next? or how long does it take them to make a decision?
Will they let us resume the exam or at least give us another chance to take the exam?
bb is there a thread or something for people who've experienced this?
Thanks.

Hi. Sorry about your experience. I think next they will review and likely you will get a code to register for the test again. Several users reported that's what happened like with the pabpinor
We do not have a separate topic about it. pabpinor - do you want to create one?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  82   83   84   85   86  ...  183