Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:55 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [5]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [2]
Given Kudos: 1158
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 580 Q47 V22
GMAT 2: 650 Q49 V29 (Online)
GMAT 3: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT 4: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 5: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.29
WE:Architecture (Other)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 117 [2]
Given Kudos: 64
Send PM
Re: GMAT Club Interviews GMAC on May 8, 2020 - Post Your questions Here! [#permalink]
Kudos
Thanks GMAT Club team for organizing this interaction.

To add some more detail on Q5:

Since GMAT Online was supposed to provide flexibility with 24*7 availability of testing slots, why is there a lag time of atleast 10-15 days on appointment availability for GMAT Online? Is it because of lack of proctors? Is anything being done to resolve the same?
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Re: GMAT Club Interviews GMAC on May 8, 2020 - Post Your questions Here! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
sukritchadha123 wrote:
Thanks GMAT Club team for organizing this interaction.

To add some more detail on Q5:

Since GMAT Online was supposed to provide flexibility with 24*7 availability of testing slots, why is there a lag time of atleast 10-15 days on appointment availability for GMAT Online? Is it because of lack of proctors? Is anything being done to resolve the same?

Thanks so much! Will definitely add this question in the next batch of questions we send over and include them in the interview.
Thanks,
BB.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2163 [1]
Given Kudos: 368
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 560 Q41 V26
GMAT 2: 550 Q43 V23
GMAT 3: 650 Q47 V33
GMAT 4: 650 Q44 V36
GMAT 5: 600 Q38 V35
GMAT 6: 710 Q47 V41
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
GMAT Club Interviews GMAC on May 8, 2020 - Post Your questions Here! [#permalink]
Kudos
Does he even lift, brah?

I'm kidding. In all seriousness, it would be good to understand what GMAC intends to do as percentile rankings become even more competitive.
For example, a Q47 is 60th percentile. If that ranking deteriorates, then presumably the GMAT score is lower, so what does GMAC intend to do?

Maybe it has something to do with supply-demand of b-school applicants... (thinking out loud).
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [1]
Send PM
Expert Reply
I will also add a question about Gaming mice and any concerns about those.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Kudos
Hi
We all came to know about this new method of GMAT online around 8 weeks before 15th June.
Will this date be extended?
Extension of date will do the following:
1. Help in preparation
2. Better practice of using whiteboard for which no decision has been taken to discard the same and use pen-paper.
3. The lockdown is extended throughout the world and its risky to give exam in test center even if lockdown ends in June end.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
Send PM
In the case that Shelter in Place gets extended past June in many metropolitan areas, will GMAC reconsider the 1x limit for the GMAT Online? I would hate for there to be only one option to take the test for those applying this year.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Can we use pen and paper during GMAT online. The instructions don't allow for it but for Maths section solving questions without pen and paper isn't feasible. So clarity on this would be highly appreciated.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: Tuck '23 (II)
Send PM
Kudos
Has there been communication with testing centers on opening with reduced capacity (maybe 1/2 or even 1/3) so social distancing can be maintained? My city in the Northeast USA has begun to open businesses, yet there are no test slots available until mid-July. It doesn't seem to me like safe testing arrangements would be too complex to arrange.

I attempted the GMAT online and didn't even have the opportunity to answer 1 question before it crashed. I lack confidence that it will go any smoother during my next attempt. Additionally, it's been 6 days and I have yet to hear anything about even scheduling my next attempt.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
I have not heard about any openings but my understanding is that tests and openings will be handled in a very localized manner. Some test centers in some countries have never closed, Brazil for example and some have open this week in Dubai for example. Your location may open sooner than the California location for example or vice versa...

Still, it is a Good question. The interview is about to begin in less than 30 minutes. Do you mind posting this during the interview in the YouTube chat comments? I can also post it as well during the discussion.

Thx
BB

esm8193 wrote:
Has there been communication with testing centers on opening with reduced capacity (maybe 1/2 or even 1/3) so social distancing can be maintained? My city in the Northeast USA has begun to open businesses, yet there are no test slots available until mid-July. It doesn't seem to me like safe testing arrangements would be too complex to arrange.

I attempted the GMAT online and didn't even have the opportunity to answer 1 question before it crashed. I lack confidence that it will go any smoother during my next attempt. Additionally, it's been 6 days and I have yet to hear anything about even scheduling my next attempt.

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
anshu170494 wrote:
Can we use pen and paper during GMAT online. The instructions don't allow for it but for Maths section solving questions without pen and paper isn't feasible. So clarity on this would be highly appreciated.

You cannot use pen or paper on the GMAT online test. You can only use an online whiteboard. More info can be found here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-whitebo ... 21999.html

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Hi
Can you pl ask/put my question too which I sent day before yesterday.

Hi
We all came to know about this new method of GMAT online around 8 weeks before 15th June.
Will this date be extended?
Extension of date will do the following:
1. Help in preparation
2. Better practice of using whiteboard for which no decision has been taken to discard the same and use pen-paper.
3. The lockdown is extended throughout the world and its risky to give exam in test center even if lockdown ends in June end.

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Is GMAC planning to increase the availability of GMAT online (e.g. taking it more than one time)?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
What are the chances of GMAC extending this interim test beyond June 15 ? I really wish to go give it in the standard way
GMAT Club Bot