Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:40 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V40
GPA: 3.85
WE:Sales (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
Hi. As we know that mobile hotspot is prohibited for GMAT online. Can I appear for exam using Wi-Fi Dongle (that uses a SIM card)? I couldn't find any relevant information on this. Let me know if anyone is aware.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39 (Online)
GPA: 4
Send PM
hollyh338 wrote:
Does anyone know how long it takes to send the online GMAT scores to the schools? Is it still 20 days? So... because we don't get our score until a week after the test, the school will not receive my official score for a month? ? If that's the case.... yikes

They claim that it takes 24 hours after you report your scores but it took more than a week for me and for some others it took even longer so a bit hard to tell.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 184
Send PM
bb souvik101990 - Please guide me with the below two questions of online GMAT (appologies if these questions are already answered on previous pages of this topic).

1. Around sharing score with Schools
I am yet to take GMAT: If I take online GMAT (my first attempt: Say I get 650) and score lower than my expected/required score. When I take test center GMAT (2nd Attempt and score 700): when I would share my score with schools will they receive both the scores (from online and test center GMAT) or I will have option to share only test center score?

2. Arround Infrastructure:
a. Whiteboard- Does it need to be a hard/wooden or can it be a dry erase whiteboard sheet
b. Is wireless/wired external mouse and keyboard, laptop stand allowed during the exam? (I believe it is as per the picture of Souvik table sent by BB, but want to confirm)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Hello,

Do you reckon the following whiteboard sheet will be permitted?
https://www.amazon.in/Angel-Bear-Magnet ... 24&sr=8-10

Thanks
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Also, buy a marker from a good company like Camlin or Faber castell so that it doesn't dry out or give other issues.

Cheers.

Bjartskular wrote:
I guess that could work. But you could also try this - https://www.amazon.in/Pragati-Systems-N ... 51&sr=8-15

I can vouch for the dimensions at least. It is well within the limits and as this is a typical white board you shouldn't have any problems. Be careful of some of the other ones though. They have chalk board on the other side, and so might create issues.

MS2020 wrote:
Hello,

Do you reckon the following whiteboard sheet will be permitted?
https://www.amazon.in/Angel-Bear-Magnet ... 24&sr=8-10

Thanks
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72891 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
AH! Thanks for posting. I did not consider things would be changing so much. Glad they made it more reasonable. ?

Bjartskular wrote:
bb That's because the rules have changed now.

You are allowed two markers now. Yay! :)

Here is the quote:

Whiteboard Requirements:

1 erasable whiteboard no larger than 12 inches x 20 inches (30 centimetres x 50 centimetres)
Up to 2 dry erase markers
1 dry erase whiteboard eraser

bb wrote:
Ideally you would get a dry erase marker with a fine tip. A fine tip will allow you more efficient use and better writing and less frustration and likely more accuracy. I would spend and extra $1 or 5 to get a fine tip marker.

PS. Souvik did not have one and that made it harder. He was able to use the whiteboard for only about 4 questions before he has to erase.

PS. Make sure you practice and feel good with the whiteboard.

PPS. He had 2 markers on his desk and the proctor did not say anything ?

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Send PM
souvik101990 / bb,

can you tell me if we have to chat with the proctor before wiping the board - informing that I am now gonna wipe. This is for the 3 mandatory wipes mentioned in this thread.
Do we just need to show the wiped board or wipe in front of the camera? I was planning on keeping it similar to souvik so I would need to rethink this if I have to wipe in front of the camera.

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
Send PM
Has anyone confirmed that the MGMAT yellow whiteboard sheets are good for the Online test?

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72891 [1]
Send PM
Expert Reply
arora1 wrote:
This thread has 75 pages now.
bb : I think creating a new discussion for Gmat online-physical board can be useful.

Thank you for the suggestion. Does anyone want to start one? I am happy to do it. Just wondering if anyone wants to take the initiative and maintain it. I’m always happy to if no one jumps in ?

VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2301 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GRE 1: Q169 V168

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
bb wrote:
Ideally you would get a dry erase marker with a fine tip. A fine tip will allow you more efficient use and better writing and less frustration and likely more accuracy. I would spend and extra $1 or 5 to get a fine tip marker.

I have bought quite a few erase markers from Amazon so far. But I do not think their tips are fine enough. Could anyone recommend one or two genuine fine-tip erases?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
What'a really frustrating is that if GMAC doesn't release my online GMAT score say till mid-July, in another two weeks, then I would not have the chance to retake the GMAT online exam. Given the shut down around the country, if I'm not able to find an available slot for the offline testing, basically I can't even apply for Round One this year. GMAC / Pearson's representatives basically said it's not their problem and they have no idea why I didn't receive the score in 10 days, and the worst part is that a retake will not be available for me until further notice . GMAC should really put a little more effort in its customer support division...
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2301 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GRE 1: Q169 V168

Send PM
bb wrote:
zhanbo wrote:
bb wrote:

I have bought quite a few erase markers from Amazon so far. But I do not think their tips are fine enough. Could anyone recommend one or two genuine fine-tip erases?

Thanks!

I just ordered these to test them out: Ultra Fine Tip (I think you actually want better than just Fine tip based on the gradation)
https://amazon.com/1884309-Low-Odor-Mar ... B00I8OBAOU

Upon reading your reply, I almost placed the order right away... but I clicked on "4-count" option box and was told that "You purchased this item on April 8, 2020." Within that package, their tips are not particularly fine, let alone ultra fine.

Please let us know your experience with the 8-count version. Maybe I have unrealistic expectations of fine tips.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72891 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
I also bought the variety pack that should get to me tomorrow. I will let you know how it compares to the official non permanent steadtler marker at the test center

zhanbo wrote:
bb wrote:
zhanbo wrote:
bb wrote:

Thanks!

I just ordered these to test them out: Ultra Fine Tip (I think you actually want better than just Fine tip based on the gradation)
https://amazon.com/1884309-Low-Odor-Mar ... B00I8OBAOU

Upon reading your reply, I almost placed the order right away... but I clicked on "4-count" option box and was told that "You purchased this item on April 8, 2020." Within that package, their tips are not particularly fine, let alone ultra fine.

Please let us know your experience with the 8-count version. Maybe I have unrealistic expectations of fine tips.
PM Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 182 [0]
Given Kudos: 197
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
Send PM
souvik101990 : What was the division? Was the quant or verbal any harder or difficult than in your previous attempts? Was it easier with the physical board? Is showing the whiteboard on video at all time necessary? Any other peculiar thing?
PM Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 182 [1]
Given Kudos: 197
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
Send PM
Update: I booked my first GMAT-online exam on 7th June. Gave the exam on 9th June. Got the result on 11th June.
And I can now (13th June) see the option to book a new GMAT-online exam
So for me, the time between each step has been perfect.
Current Student
Send PM
Awesome score! Congratulations.

HSW2021 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Just received my Online gmat (with physical whiteboard) score.
First of all, feeling sorry for guys who are waiting for scores to come out. Hold on tight guys!!!

I attempted my test on 11th 11:45am Japan Standard Time and received scores today 13th 6:13am. So, that's around 40hours after completion of the test. Pretty fast !!!!

The proctor told me before exam that I was the first one to take the test with physical whiteboard. Was expecting a delayed release on my score considering the changed format, but that was quicckkkkkk.

Scored 770 (Q50 V45).

It has been a wonderful (and painful) experience of 9 months prep and over 25 mocks ( I lost the count midway).

One of my best friend reddy10d scored the same score last week.
We prepared together for this and now sharing a beer with a huge smile on our faces. So happy and relieved this is over.

I will let this feeling sink in for this weekend and will post my debrief soon.
Btw, great story coming up soon from reddy10d .

Cheers,
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2413 [0]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Congrats to everybody on their amazing scores on the physical whiteboard exam so far!

I'm now hearing from other GMAT test-takers that they have now been able to re-register for the physical whiteboard exam, regardless of when they took their last (pre-physical whiteboard) exam, and that retest dates are available to these students as soon as Monday 6/15.

Thus, it appears that the required duration between GMAT Online exams (online whiteboard and physical whiteboard) might be closer to 10-12 days than the 14-16 days originally predicted.

Originally posted by mcelroytutoring on 13 Jun 2020, 10:42.
Last edited by mcelroytutoring on 13 Jun 2020, 14:31, edited 5 times in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  100   101   102   103   104  ...  183