Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:09 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 613 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
GMAT 1: 630 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36 (Online)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 84
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
GPA: 4
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
obsidianstorm wrote:
patto wrote:
Chandrahaskrishna
Avgffzi

I've seen in another post on the section Share Gmat Experience that one student got a bold face question without the bold parts... (I mean the bold phrases were not bold..). I'm not sure if that was what happened in this case.

On other hand, he already answered that Gmat sent the student a message (not the other way).

:shock: Boldfalce without bold parts? Now, that's just unacceptable...

Makes one think on the accuracy and veracity of the online exam. But for many people, the test center is simply not an option because of rising number of cases. No other choice than the online version. Hopefully GMAC looks into these issues.

Did the guy who got the weird bold face face any technical issue during his exam?

I really don't know. I read that yesterday.. I was just looking for gmat experiencess and I found that..

Originally posted by patto on 07 Aug 2020, 17:02.
Last edited by patto on 07 Aug 2020, 17:02, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 186
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Can we order ESR for online exam?
And what is the time duration for reattempt after attempting online one?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 84
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
patto wrote:
Is anyone else angry because we don't get an unofficial score as soon as we finish the online gmat exam?

That’s not a bad question... It pricks... Yeah
But it’s just 2-3 business days that the GMAC needs to give your official score...

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Schools: LBS '23 (A)
GRE 1: Q165 V159
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
In-person question:

Instructions advise I get to the testing center 30 min early. However, I have a 6:30am test. Do you think that's really necessary?

Thanks in advance.
Current Student
Send PM
Logo wrote:
In-person question:

Instructions advise I get to the testing center 30 min early. However, I have a 6:30am test. Do you think that's really necessary?

Thanks in advance.

Yes. You have to go through the registration process by having your photo and fingerprints taken and so on. So it is better to be early so that everything goes smoothly.

Hit kudos if this helped.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V29
GPA: 3
Send PM
What happens if the internet is slow or gets disconnected for some reason?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34 (Online)
WE:Project Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
KaramveerBakshi wrote:
What happens if the internet is slow or gets disconnected for some reason?

You might get another chance but the final decision rests with GMAC.

Thanks

Gagan

Hit Kudos if this helps!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
vaibhav1446 wrote:
Chandrahaskrishna wrote:
vaibhav1446 wrote:
bb wrote:
zhanbo wrote:

Give me a dump of official GMAT questions, I can likely get an 800, home or homeless.

Maybe you also want the answers? :lol:

GMAC has experience with compromised questions and how to identify test takers that have cheated. Their systems have been hacked before about 20 years ago or so. They also had people in 2005 still questions from the test centers in different ways. They’ve been able to retroactively identify the individuals once they figured out the pattern.

If I were them I would not bust the test takers right away, I would actually wait for them to submit their scores to business schools and then ban them for 3 years or smth like that.

Guys,

I took GMAT Online around a month back and got screwed up. GMAC is not allowing a second attempt for GMAT Online. I want to create a new account with different email id and contact number to utilize the GMAT Online. Since Driving Licence is a valid ID for GMAT Online, I plan to use that.

My questions are-

1. Has anybody tried it? Please share the experience.
2. What can be the consequences?
3. Experts, your thoughts on the probability of getting through it successfully?

I do not wish to give GMAT @ centre because I am not comfortable with all the face shield and mask. Note that I wear glasses.

Please suggest!

There is a poll here- https://gmatclub.com/forum/2-gmat-onlin ... 31144.html

Hey!
That’s not gonna work.. You’ll be assigned a GMAT ID and that’s gonna be there, no matter what you do. Even if you were to change the email ID, you’ll still have the same GMAT ID.. So creating a new email ID would not work in your favour.

I am talking about creating a new account with new details.

Do you really think that they won't notice that? Come ooon....
Current Student
Send PM
vaibhav1446 wrote:
patto wrote:

Do you really think that they won't notice that? Come ooon....

Lol! I Want them not to notice. GMAC account is up and running as we speak with only 3 details the same as old account- Name, Nationality & DOB. Shoot me with questions, WE WANT TO MAKE THIS WORK.

Here- https://gmatclub.com/forum/2-gmat-onlin ... l#p2586228

Ok. First of all, what do you mean by the first attempt got screwed up? Was there any technical issues? Or did you not perform well. For technical issues, they allow retest in most cases.

Next, they have the combination of Nationality, DOB, and name. If they cross-check your face, there is a very real chance you will be banned by GMAC and schools notified of you. Why would you want to take such a risk?

Most of the experts believe GMAC believes GMAC will allow retakes in some time so just wait it out. If you cannot wait, then the only option is to take the test center exam. This is not some local thing where you can scrape by using a jugaad.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
I agree with McElroy. You don’t want this to impact you in some inactive updates way.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 590 Q47 V27
Send PM
mcelroytutoring wrote:
GMAC has clearly anticipated this work-around, so tread lightly: trying to take the GMAT Online exam under an alternate mba.com account is an offense that sure to get you banned from taking the GMAT, potentially ruining your chances for admission at an elite b-school.

I once tried to create an additional mba.com account as an experiment, and although I was successful, GMAC eventually merged the two accounts, so now I can log in under either account and see all my test-center GMAT scores from the last 5 years, as well as my GMAT Online scores.

That being said, I wouldn't try to take the GMAT Online under an alternate account, even if it worked, since that's unethical and disallowed by the exam rules. Even if no one noticed right away, you would have to be looking over your shoulder constantly.

Considering that all exams are fully recorded, photo IDs are verified and tied to your real identity, and facial recognition software is used, you are highly likely to get caught, so I would strongly advise you to think twice before trying this particular experiment--assuming that you aren't already kidding in the first place.

As others have already noted, just try to stay patient and wait for updates from GMAC in the coming weeks: with the pandemic not going away anytime soon, GMAT Online retakes seem inevitable.

Thanks for sharing your experience of having 2 accounts. Was waiting for some actual real-life experiences regarding the same only. Gonna wait.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1807 [0]
Given Kudos: 203
Send PM
vaibhav1446 wrote:

I took GMAT Online around a month back and got screwed up. GMAC is not allowing a second attempt for GMAT Online. I want to create a new account with different email id and contact number to utilize the GMAT Online. Since Driving Licence is a valid ID for GMAT Online, I plan to use that.

My questions are-

3. Experts, your thoughts on the probability of getting through it successfully?

I do not wish to give GMAT @ centre because I am not comfortable with all the face shield and mask. Note that I wear glasses.

GMAC are not fools. They have decades of accumulated experience in ferreting out cheats and administering the most severest of punishments. The fact that you are willing to even think and try out such a daring illegal act is beyond comprehension. By asking such a question and enticing others to act in illegal ways, you may be committing further misdeeds.

In addition to banning you for life and publicizing your case, GMAC will initiate legal proceedings against you. You are looking at a lifetime of ruin.

If you "screwed up" your online test, the only retake option for you is to go to a test center or live with the score you obtained.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: ISB '23 (S)
Send PM
How does the photo upload process work during check in for online GMAT ? Can you transfer the photos from your phone using google drive and you use the drive ( if allowed to open ) to upload ? Or should it be a physical USB connection from you phone to your PC to upload your photos ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
pc25 wrote:
How does the photo upload process work during check in for online GMAT ? Can you transfer the photos from your phone using google drive and you use the drive ( if allowed to open ) to upload ? Or should it be a physical USB connection from you phone to your PC to upload your photos ?

I took the pictures on my phone and I uploaded them through a web
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34 (Online)
WE:Project Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
vaibhav1446 wrote:
bb wrote:
zhanbo wrote:

Give me a dump of official GMAT questions, I can likely get an 800, home or homeless.

Maybe you also want the answers? :lol:

GMAC has experience with compromised questions and how to identify test takers that have cheated. Their systems have been hacked before about 20 years ago or so. They also had people in 2005 still questions from the test centers in different ways. They’ve been able to retroactively identify the individuals once they figured out the pattern.

If I were them I would not bust the test takers right away, I would actually wait for them to submit their scores to business schools and then ban them for 3 years or smth like that.

Guys,

My questions are-

Please suggest!

There is a poll here- https://gmatclub.com/forum/2-gmat-onlin ... 31144.html

This is a Joke!!!
Current Student
Send PM
I have my online exam tomorrow and had a few last-minute doubts.

• Since I keep the whiteboard to the left of the laptop, I would be constantly looking away from the computer(or turning my head). Is this ok? Or should I keep the whiteboard in front of the laptop so that I look down? Please let me know what you did.
  • I tend to play around with the marker or shift around in my chair while I am thinking. Is this allowed? This sounds silly but I read that a student was warned for covering his mouth(he was probably propping his chin with his hands - I also tend to do that).

The ones who have already taken the exam, please give your inputs. Also, any other advice or tips would be appreciated.
bb mcelroytutoring

Thanks in advance.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 469
Send PM
obsidianstorm wrote:
I have my online exam tomorrow and had a few last-minute doubts.

• Since I keep the whiteboard to the left of the laptop, I would be constantly looking away from the computer(or turning my head). Is this ok? Or should I keep the whiteboard in front of the laptop so that I look down? Please let me know what you did.
  • I tend to play around with the marker or shift around in my chair while I am thinking. Is this allowed? This sounds silly but I read that a student was warned for covering his mouth(he was probably propping his chin with his hands - I also tend to do that).

The ones who have already taken the exam, please give your inputs. Also, any other advice or tips would be appreciated.
bb mcelroytutoring
Yes, a simple advice would be to avoid any unnecessary suspicious activity that may raise red flags. Try to not look away from screen and board- so keep the board as much in sight as possible and not out of sight. Murmuring is also not appreciated. Understand from proctor's perspective. Anything in your own home environment that could raise suspicion. Also be wary of making unwanted noises. Good luck!

Stretching a lil bit, and normal face gestures or flipping of markers etc shouldn't be a problem, as long as you are not out of frame.

Thanks in advance.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  130   131   132   133   134  ...  183