Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 04:39 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 04:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2412 [3]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72865 [1]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 608 [0]
Given Kudos: 1348
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
I am not sure how 25% increment in exam fee is justifying for no changes in exam pattern or no updates in break options. Nothing is changing except people will be able to retake exam once again. I am not able to understand gap behind this increment in fee :D

From GMAC perspective, I think Online GMAT is in its favour. GMAC doesn't have to bear cost of Pearson exam centres, AC, machines, people etc.

Yesterday, I did a CR in which it was mentioned Income= Revenue - fixed cost. Manufacture didn't pay salary for 6 weeks to its employees so Manufacture's income increased.

I can apply same analogy here :lol: :lol: , and second every person who said GMAC is back on milking money.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [0]
Given Kudos: 3160
Send PM
mcelroytutoring wrote:
MBBDorBust wrote:
Has anyone heard if ESR's are going to be available for GMAT Online? I'm guessing no news means no - but thought it was worth asking.

Despite the retake announcement (and the $50 price increase!), it appears that there is still no ESR option for the GMAT Online.

https://www.mba.com/exam-prep/gmat-enha ... ore-report

As for me, I'll probably pass on retaking the online exam, now that it counts toward the 8-test lifetime limit, to which I am perilously close.

https://www.mba.com/frequently-asked-qu ... #question3

What about those who took the online exam twice already? (Before the whiteboard and after). Will they be able to take the exam again or their 2 attempts are up?
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2412 [0]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Quote:
What about those who took the online exam twice already? (Before the whiteboard and after). Will they be able to take the exam again or their 2 attempts are up?

"Candidates that have not taken the GMAT™ Online exam will now have the option to take the exam two times.

Candidates that have already taken the GMAT™ Online exam prior to September 23, 2020 and received a valid score, will have the ability to take the exam one additional time."

-GMAC

I would interpret this to mean that students who took the GMAT Online with the online whiteboard requirement, then took advantage of the physical whiteboard retake option, will indeed be allowed one more attempt at the GMAT Online for a cool $250. Keep in mind, however, that this 3rd (and final?) attempt at the online exam will count toward your yearly (5) and lifetime (8) exam limits.

https://www.mba.com/frequently-asked-qu ... #question3

Originally posted by mcelroytutoring on 17 Sep 2020, 17:12.
Last edited by mcelroytutoring on 17 Sep 2020, 17:20, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 84
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V27 (Online)
Send PM
Businessconquerer wrote:
Back to milking the CASH COW!!!
Way to be supportive GMAC

Money runs it all, doesn't it?

Yes finally back to original fees, if they are doing it then they should also give ESR. There is no mention of it though.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1805 [0]
Given Kudos: 203
Send PM
Jsound996 wrote:

The new distinction is only between the two time periods occurring before and after September 23rd. Those who got a valid score before that date are eligible for a retake.

Note that the physical whiteboard option for those who took the online test with only the electronic whiteboard was a privilege provided by GMAC. The highest of those scores would have been the one official attempt. This would mean that a second and final retake option would be available after September 23rd. This interpretation is based on what GMAC has officially communicated.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 84
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V27 (Online)
Send PM
MBBDorBust wrote:
Has anyone heard if ESR's are going to be available for GMAT Online? I'm guessing no news means no - but thought it was worth asking.

Everyone should send an e-mail to GMAC or we can start a petition and collect signatures. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34 (Online)
WE:Project Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
mcelroytutoring wrote:
Quote:

"Candidates that have not taken the GMAT™ Online exam will now have the option to take the exam two times.

Candidates that have already taken the GMAT™ Online exam prior to September 23, 2020 and received a valid score, will have the ability to take the exam one additional time."

-GMAC

I would interpret this to mean that students who took the GMAT Online with the online whiteboard requirement, then took advantage of the physical whiteboard retake option, will indeed be allowed one more attempt at the GMAT Online for a cool $250. Keep in mind, however, that this 3rd (and final?) attempt at the online exam will count toward your yearly (5) and lifetime (8) exam limits.

https://www.mba.com/frequently-asked-qu ... #question3[/quote

For me, this is insignificant if no break is given between quant and verbal. The mail is completely silent on this, lets wait till 23rd September if the changes GMAC has made are worth the price increase.

Gagan
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 533
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V32
GRE 1: Q166 V164
Send PM
I have scheduled my online gmat exam on September 28.This is my first gmat online exam.Received a mail from gmac that from september 23rd ,it will be considered in the yearly limit.Will they include my 1st online gmat exam also or will they consider retest from september 23rd as in lifetime limits and yearly limits.Experts please help.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Pranithare wrote:
I have scheduled my online gmat exam on September 28.This is my first gmat online exam.Received a mail from gmac that from september 23rd ,it will be considered in the yearly limit.Will they include my 1st online gmat exam also or will they consider retest from september 23rd as in lifetime limits and yearly limits.Experts please help.

Already answers a few posts before. Use your reading and critical reasoning skills.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
bb wrote:
kshankarlz wrote:
If I take my first online attempt after 23rd September does it count towards the maximum 5 attempts in a year? And is it maximum 5 (including test centre takes) or is it max 6(1 online and 5 test centre)? Shud I rush for an online attempt before 23rd to take advantage of the online test not counting in the lifetime counts?

It counts. Every Test counts after the 23rd as it said in writing that it counts. Why would 1 not count?

Just to confirm, if I have taken 5 in person GMATs in the last 12 months, am I ineligble for the GMAT online "retake"?
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
I believe that is the case ... you will have to wait until the limit expires. It is implied about taking the gmat and lifetime/annual limits.

sunstreet12 wrote:
bb wrote:
kshankarlz wrote:
If I take my first online attempt after 23rd September does it count towards the maximum 5 attempts in a year? And is it maximum 5 (including test centre takes) or is it max 6(1 online and 5 test centre)? Shud I rush for an online attempt before 23rd to take advantage of the online test not counting in the lifetime counts?

It counts. Every Test counts after the 23rd as it said in writing that it counts. Why would 1 not count?

Just to confirm, if I have taken 5 in person GMATs in the last 12 months, am I ineligble for the GMAT online "retake"?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
GMAT 1: 680 Q41 V41
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Why would GMAC make the GMAT Online count towards the annual/lifetime limits? Seems like a policy targeted at test prep professionals.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
I know it’s been redundantly posted, but can someone send the amazon India links to the whiteboard required for online gmat ?

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [1]
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34 (Online)
WE:Project Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
Anushka25 wrote:
I know it’s been redundantly posted, but can someone send the amazon India links to the whiteboard required for online gmat ?

Hey

This worked for me

https://www.flipkart.com/lifekrafts-sma ... qREALw_wcB

Gagan
Hit Kudos if this helped!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
I was checking with Pearson agent if it is already possible to schedule a retake. He told me that retakes are only for exams schedule after Sep 23rd. Very wired.

"Please be informed that effective Sep 23, 2020 you will be entitled for 8 life time attempts including both the exam modes with a maximum of 2 attempts for online exams and 6 (if 2 attempts were for online mode) for test center mode with 5 attempts in a rolling 12 months period. You can also schedule 2 exams with a gap of 16 days.
Sunny at 12:02, Sep 18:
Please be informed that for any online exam scheduled before Sep 23, 2020, you will not be able to retake the exam.
Sunny at 12:03, Sep 18:
In such a case, you can retake the exam only if you had faced any technical issues during the exam.

Sunny at 12:10, Sep 18:
Please be informed that as per the recent update, you can retake the online exam only if the original exam has been scheduled starting Sep 23, 2020."
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM