Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 11:21 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 11:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72869 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 228 [0]
Given Kudos: 116
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V44 (Online)
GPA: 3.61
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72869 [1]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 146
GMAT 1: 610 Q46 V28
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V36
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
For the Online GMAT exam, we are supposed to share our photo and a photo of our passport during the Check in process. I have downloaded the OnVUE application for the exam, however how am I supposed to share my pic and a pic of my passport.
Is there a separate software that I am supposed to download in my mobile phone or in my laptop?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 243 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GPA: 4
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
DivyanshuGupta61 wrote:
For the Online GMAT exam, we are supposed to share our photo and a photo of our passport during the Check in process. I have downloaded the OnVUE application for the exam, however how am I supposed to share my pic and a pic of my passport.
Is there a separate software that I am supposed to download in my mobile phone or in my laptop?

They will send you a link on mobile phone and you have to upload all documents and photos using the link.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Harsh2111s wrote:
DivyanshuGupta61 wrote:

They will send you a link on mobile phone and you have to upload all documents and photos using the link.

Thank you for sharing the details Harsh2111s
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2412 [0]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
jayarora wrote:
Does anyone know till how long would the GMAT ONLINE scores continue to be accepted? I recently attended a webinar in which the adcom mentioned that they will continue to accept the scores as long as GMAC offers the at-home version of the exam. Now if next year GMAC stops offering the Online exam, won't the scores be valid to apply in 2021 admission cycle?

Now that GMAC has gone on record as saying that the GMAT Online will be extended into 2021, and suggested that "there are plans to transition to a permanent solution," there is no reason to believe that GMAT Online scores won't be valid for business-school applications for up to 5 years, just like test-center GMAT scores.

In addition, many of us who have taken both the test-center and online GMATs can attest to the fact that the GMAT Online comes with its own set of challenges, and is arguably the tougher of the two experiences.

Originally posted by mcelroytutoring on 11 Sep 2020, 12:13.
Last edited by mcelroytutoring on 11 Sep 2020, 13:30, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 228 [1]
Given Kudos: 116
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V44 (Online)
GPA: 3.61
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
jayarora wrote:
Hey,

Does anyone know till how long would the GMAT ONLINE scores continue to be accepted? I recently attended a webinar in which the adcom mentioned that they will continue to accept the scores as long as GMAC offers the at-home version of the exam. Now if next year GMAC stops offering the Online exam, won't the scores be valid to apply in 2021 admission cycle?

There are thousands of business schools and each business school could come up with their own policy. At the same time, today some top schools are excepting MCAT and LSAT in lieu of GMAT. So it seems that GMAT and LIne will be a pretty safe test it will be excepted for years to come.

I have heard of only one MBA program, Wharton that has made statements about acceptance of the online scores that were confusing. Which school did you hear this from?

Posted from my mobile device

Hey bb, what's up?

Indeed you are correct. It was the webinar conducted by Wharton. To clear all doubts, I gave the admissions team a call today to understand better how long would they consider the GMAT Online score. To my surprise the team member said they would accept the online scores as long as they are valid i.e 5 years from the date of the exam :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 84
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V27 (Online)
Send PM
Yes, its valid for 5 years and that would be the answer. But some might say in future they prefer test center scores if they want to look at awa or if they don’t trust gmat online scores.
I doubt it will happen.

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
I guess even a broken clock is right twice a day :-)

This brings us back to the state of all programs seem to be honoring and planning to honor the online scores for the next five years.

jayarora wrote:
bb wrote:
jayarora wrote:
Hey,

There are thousands of business schools and each business school could come up with their own policy. At the same time, today some top schools are excepting MCAT and LSAT in lieu of GMAT. So it seems that GMAT and LIne will be a pretty safe test it will be excepted for years to come.

I have heard of only one MBA program, Wharton that has made statements about acceptance of the online scores that were confusing. Which school did you hear this from?

Hey bb, what's up?

Indeed you are correct. It was the webinar conducted by Wharton. To clear all doubts, I gave the admissions team a call today to understand better how long would they consider the GMAT Online score. To my surprise the team member said they would accept the online scores as long as they are valid i.e 5 years from the date of the exam :)
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Yes... but I think unlikely that schools will feel confident enough to drive people to test centers. Only if something extraordinary happens which is clearly not out of the question, but only if there is a breach or some major cheating scandal the schools would tell people to take tests at the test center. Outside of those events, it would put schools into a weaker position since at this point at least six months worth of candidates have taken the GMAT online and they would be reducing their applicant pool if they told applicants their scores are no good. If anything we see the opposite movement with schools welcoming LSAT, MCAT... or no cat at all such as Wharton that said people could apply without a score and take the test a bit later.... Which makes me think that Wharton gnu or put pressure on the GMAC to allow retakes. Don’t you think it’s a funny coincidence?

edison2020 wrote:
Yes, its valid for 5 years and that would be the answer. But some might say in future they prefer test center scores if they want to look at awa or if they don’t trust gmat online scores.
I doubt it will happen.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
A friend of appeared for the Online GMAT exam, although he doesn't seem very confident about his performance but he did get a Bold Face CR question towards the 3rd part of the verbal section ie) around question num 24-27.
Does that mean that his performance was pretty good in the exam because he got a Bold Face question ?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1807 [0]
Given Kudos: 203
Send PM
DivyanshuGupta61 wrote:
A friend of appeared for the Online GMAT exam, although he doesn't seem very confident about his performance but he did get a Bold Face CR question towards the 3rd part of the verbal section ie) around question num 24-27.
Does that mean that his performance was pretty good in the exam because he got a Bold Face question ?

These sorts of statements are floated around regularly. I would like to see scientific evidence for such claims.

Btw, what does your post have anything to do with the master topic in this thread? This thread is specifically about issues connected to GMAT Online.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
DivyanshuGupta61, I don’t know why this actually matters or how you would use this piece of information.... there may be many explanations to this but I am not seeing how they help a test taker. Your friend could have a high score or maybe they don’t because there are easy bold face questions. There are experimental questions. What if you take the test and do not get a bold face question between 24 and 27?

Things like these only distract people from the work they should be doing preparing for the GMAT and focusing on the studies. Also this has a lethal potential to torpedo your score on the actual test if you worry about reading and understanding of your performance during the test. It has been proven many times by many people that testtakers are not good judges of their performance. Even tutors and experts have many times misjudged and misread their performance.

Hovkial wrote:
DivyanshuGupta61 wrote:

These sorts of statements are floated around regularly. I would like to see scientific evidence for such claims.

Btw, what does your post have anything to do with the master topic in this thread? This thread is specifically about issues connected to GMAT Online.

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1807 [0]
Given Kudos: 203
Send PM
bb wrote:
DivyanshuGupta61, I don’t know why this actually matters or how you would use this piece of information.... there may be many explanations to this but I am not seeing how they help a test taker. Your friend could have a high score or maybe they don’t because there are easy bold face questions. There are experimental questions. What if you take the test and do not get a bold face question between 24 and 27?

Things like these only distract people from the work they should be doing preparing for the GMAT and focusing on the studies. Also this has a lethal potential to torpedo your score on the actual test if you worry about reading and understanding of your performance during the test. It has been proven many times by many people that testtakers are not good judges of their performance. Even tutors and experts have many times misjudged and misread their performance.

Decades of research in decision making, biases, cognition, emotion and others have repeatedly shown that people perform very poorly in terms of making accurate judgments or judging themselves and others faily and equitably. We are simply not equipped to take in a large amount of information and set aside our biases and still arrive at accurate conclusions. One of the most interesting findings is that both inexperienced and experienced people make the same kinds of mistakes. We are even bad at admitting our misjudgments.

Coming to the test, it would be very bad for someone to judge how they are performing while they are completing the task and while judging the task after completion. We do not have reliable data to perform such analyses. The test has experimental, easy, medium easy, medium difficult, difficult and many categories of questions. Just because a question is not seen often by some people in no way leads to the conclusion that if a person saw that type of question, then that person must have done well or poorly. These are the kinds of mistakes in judgments that people should be wary about.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [0]
Given Kudos: 163
Schools: IIMA PGPX'23
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39 (Online)
Send PM
Does anyone have any idea whether lip movement is allowed or not in a GMAT Online exam? I am planning to take GMAT Online soon for the first time and I tend to read passages more actively when I silently "mouth-read" the passage.

Any information on the same?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
sssanskaar wrote:
Does anyone have any idea whether lip movement is allowed or not in a GMAT Online exam? I am planning to take GMAT Online soon for the first time and I tend to read passages more actively when I silently "mouth-read" the passage.

Any information on the same?

sssanskaar mouthing while reading is not a big issue as a lot of people do that, however be careful that it is not very evident, try to reduce it as much as possible, and make sure that you are not audible.
Follow the above points and you shouldn't face any issues, however it depends on the proctor as well to some extent .
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hello Guys,

Finished my GMAT online test 2 hours ago but did not get any confirmation yet. Is that normal or am I supposed to get a confirmation email from GMAC/Pearson.

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 363 [0]
Given Kudos: 162
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V45
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Anyone could give me a quick info on how smooth the GMAT went on a MacBook Pro?
I still feel anxious about the whole check in process. From my experiences with GMAC, I can imagine that it could be very tedious and loaded with technical errors.

What I don't get - we are not supposed to wear headphones but how we should then ensure to have a proper quality of audio and video when taking the test on a notebook?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Avinash4448 wrote:
Hello Guys,

Finished my GMAT online test 2 hours ago but did not get any confirmation yet. Is that normal or am I supposed to get a confirmation email from GMAC/Pearson.

Avinash4448 Even I didn't get any such mail after the exam, however just check the status of your test on the Online GMAT portal, the status should be 'submitted successfully'.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  128   129   130   131   132  ...  183