Last visit was: 20 Sep 2024, 17:54 It is currently 20 Sep 2024, 17:54
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2464 [1]
Given Kudos: 278
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 353
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 75374 [0]
Given Kudos: 21014
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2464 [1]
Given Kudos: 278
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Did anyone else receive this email from GMAC this morning?

"👏👏wow, (Name)! You aced the GMAT exam"

I wonder whether this mass email is a GMAT Online thing, or just a GMAT thing in general.

I also wonder what GMAC considers to be a "really high" GMAT score.

Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 101
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38 (Online)
GPA: 4
Send PM
mcelroytutoring
mayajoshua
...what exactly happens to the 1st GMAT online score, if I write it again? (Just in case my score happened to be lower than the 1st attempt, or something)
Good question! If your composite retake score (aka "2nd score") is the same or lower than your score from the 1st attempt, then you will still receive the 2nd GMAT Online score (the prior policy dictated that an equal or lower retake composite score would be hidden from view, but GMAC's official policy changed on 9/23).

You can then choose to send only the higher GMAT Online score, or both GMAT Online scores, to b-schools.

(I suppose you could send only the lower score, too, but I'm not sure why you would want to do that!)

Thank you for the reply mcelroytutoring. So, would it be a wise decision if I don't send my current score to any B-School right now? Because, I really do believe I can do better in my next attempt :)

P.S: My network issues gave me a very very hard time. My anxiety had hit some new levels :cry:
Own Kudos [?]: 129 [0]
Given Kudos: 231
Send PM
Please find Amazon India Link to whiteboard, marker and Eraser in the below post :

https://gmatclub.com/forum/online-gmat- ... s#p2634409
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Send PM
Hi I have one question

After sending the Online GMAT score to schools, do we get any official confirmation mail from GMAC stating that the scores have been reported?
Own Kudos [?]: 864 [0]
Given Kudos: 381
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
can someone please share the link from which i can buy erasable scratch papers/board( similar as in Gmac centers during test)
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 75374 [0]
Given Kudos: 21014
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
You can look on Amazon. It is called gmat test simulation booklet.

Posted from my mobile device
Send PM
imSKR
can someone please share the link from which i can buy erasable scratch papers/board( similar as in Gmac centers during test)

imSKR here you go
https://www.amazon.in/GMAT-Test-Simulat ... B07FDJBNLT
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 408 [0]
Given Kudos: 161
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V45
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Has anyone actually had trouble with the following rules:

"Pearson VUE Test centers in the country you currently reside must be closed due to COVID-19 (coronavirus). For an up to date list of countries where Pearson VUE Test centers are currently closed due to COVID-19 visit: mba.com/articles-and-announcements/announcements/update-on-coronavirus"

I've read from so many people who took the test in person and later online or vice versa that I never even figured that such policy exists.
Does the GMAC enforce it? As of right now, I could register for an Online exam without any restriction.

I don't think they will then not let me take the exam or not accept my score, right? Cause one could always argue that the test center based version isn't safe enough due to personal health circumstances.
Send PM
chrtpmdr

"Pearson VUE Test centers in the country you currently reside must be closed due to COVID-19 (coronavirus). For an up to date list of countries where Pearson VUE Test centers are currently closed due to COVID-19 visit: mba.com/articles-and-announcements/announcements/update-on-coronavirus"

I've read from so many people who took the test in person and later online or vice versa that I never even figured that such policy exists.
Does the GMAC enforce it? As of right now, I could register for an Online exam without any restriction.

I don't think they will then not let me take the exam or not accept my score, right? Cause one could always argue that the test center based version isn't safe enough due to personal health circumstances.

Hi, I did not get your question completely. However, from what I understood, you can take any version if the test center or online is showing an available appointment, and once you
get an appointment, you WILL get an option to accept scores and they will be valid.
Current Student
Send PM
GMATaxe001
chrtpmdr

Hi, I did not get your question completely. However, from what I understood, you can take any version if the test center or online is showing an available appointment, and once you
get an appointment, you WILL get an option to accept scores and they will be valid.

GMAC says you are only allowed to write the exam online when the test centers in your country are closed.
I never knew about that since a whole lot of people have been ('succesfully') violating that rule.
Own Kudos [?]: 129 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
chrtpmdr
GMATaxe001
chrtpmdr

GMAC says you are only allowed to write the exam online when the test centers in your country are closed.
I never knew about that since a whole lot of people have been ('succesfully') violating that rule.

Just called Pearson to check the same. They said that its up to Candidate to opt for online or offline. What is listed on the website might not be applicable to all countries. its a
very specific rule that is not generally applicable. He clearly said that even if test centres are delivering , u can opt for an online If you think you are at risk of infection. (but its not mandatory to feel that way). then he asked my location and told that for India its valid and allowed to book online irrespective of offline delivery being conducted( I think he said that just to tell me that I am not in an exceptional location). I think the same will be applicable to almost all locations.

Other things i asked him :

you should keep the phone more than 1 hand distance away and it should be visible to proctor. you will be contacted only if all mediums of communication are lost.
you can cover the bookshelf if there is one nearby. nO need to remove all books.
Current Student
Send PM
Okey thanks. Do you know the exact specification for taking pictures? I couldn't find proper instructions online. I've ran the system with the pearson software but there is no option to take picture for testing purposes.
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Hello, can anyone help me regarding opening of centers in India? Preferably at Surat and Mumbai? Has anyone given the offline gmat under these circumstances?
Own Kudos [?]: 2017 [1]
Given Kudos: 203
Send PM
Kudos
chrtpmdr

You are allowed to take the online test if it is available to you and you believe you may be at risk of infection if you went to a physical test center that is open.
Send PM
GMDavies
I wish the requirements of the "at home" version of the exams allowed to keep an espresso machine in the test room

GMDavies, There isn't one in the offline version as well!
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 146
GMAT 1: 610 Q46 V28
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V36
Send PM
pradiptirastogi
Hello, can anyone help me regarding opening of centers in India? Preferably at Surat and Mumbai? Has anyone given the offline gmat under these circumstances?

pradiptirastogi Pearson Exam center in Mumbai has been conducting the GMAT exam since August, you may check the availability once.
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Thank you Divyanshu. Umm...Hinduja seems to be closed. Are you referring to Pearson center at Andheri? Is Pearson functional now?
DivyanshuGupta61
pradiptirastogi

pradiptirastogi Pearson Exam center in Mumbai has been conducting the GMAT exam since August, you may check the availability once.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  135   136   137   138   139  ...  183