Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 18:43 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 18:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31 (Online)
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 146
GMAT 1: 610 Q46 V28
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V36
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 363 [0]
Given Kudos: 162
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V45
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
Had anyone issues with moving his or her laptop after the quant session? For quant, I will need the whiteboard and thus the distance to the monitor will be more spaced out. For verbal, however, I feel much more confident sitting at a closer range to the monitor. Do you think this will be an issue if I pull the laptop closer and lay aside the whiteboard as I never take notes on the verbal section?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Send PM
I guess better keep it at table and dont move forward and backward.

they should not suspect anything IMO.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
I have a doubt. If I give an online attempt say tomorrow, when is it possible to give another offline gmat attempt next time? Or there is no need for a minimum no. of days?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [0]
Given Kudos: 231
Send PM
pradiptirastogi wrote:
I have a doubt. If I give an online attempt say tomorrow, when is it possible to give another offline gmat attempt next time? Or there is no need for a minimum no. of days?

There is no minimum time. you can book one straightaway on mba.com

Between 2 online attempts there is probably a 16 day gap needed but not between 2 different delivery modes.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
Schools: ISB'22 (S)
GPA: 4
Send PM
In how many days are the official scores being generated after the online GMAT these days?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 101
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38 (Online)
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
Vhr121 wrote:
In how many days are the official scores being generated after the online GMAT these days?

Its usually 2-3 days. Got mine in 2 days.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
it depends i have seen in some cases it took 2 days and in some cases appox a week.

I guess they check the video before publishing the result,
Vhr121 wrote:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V27 (Online)
GPA: 3.76
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi Friends
i am scheduled for gmat online tomorrow (10th oct). I was just wondering when do we do the room checkups and uploading of IDs. I thought we had to do it one day before but I don't see any link. I am already done with system check though.
Do i need to do anything else today apart from system check?
Also i have will have Aadhar card(only checked on gmatclub, its acceptable) as id proof because it contains my original address and the one i have put in gmac info. Rest all other ids have a different address, so can't use them. So I wanted to know do we have the drop down option for it when we checkin.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 93 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V42
Send PM
You need to submit documents when you start actual checkin process. So when you start checkin 30 mins before exam you will be prompted to enter phone no. Then you will receive text message with link to upload ID and surrounding pics.
Nothing else needs to be done today.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
So I enquired and got to know there needs to be a minimum of 16 day gap between an online and an offline attempt.
GMATaxe001 wrote:
pradiptirastogi wrote:

There is no minimum time. you can book one straightaway on mba.com

Between 2 online attempts there is probably a 16 day gap needed but not between 2 different delivery modes.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1805 [1]
Given Kudos: 203
Send PM
Kudos
pradiptirastogi wrote:

So I enquired and got to know there needs to be a minimum of 16 day gap between an online and an offline attempt.

If this is correct, then this is news. The earlier understanding to date has been that scheduling requirements for the online and offline tests are separate from each other. This meant that a testtaker could schedule online for today and an offline for tomorrow. But there had to a 16-day gap between two attempts for the *same* platform, but not two different platforms.

UPDATE1: Upon checking with official MBA.com account, it appears that the earlier understanding is still CORRECT. There is no 16 day gap required between online and offline.

The 16-day gap is only required for scheduling on the *same* platforms, i.e., online-online or offline-offline.

UPDATE2: The language on the GMAC site is ambiguous. It provides the following notification:

"GMAC® Assessments policy requires at least 16 days between appointments."

But GMAC site still allows for scheduling within 16 days if the schedules are for different platforms. It does not allow for scheduling earlier than 16 days if the platform is the same.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 346 [0]
Given Kudos: 271
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37 (Online)
Send PM
arshiji wrote:
Hi Friends
i am scheduled for gmat online tomorrow (10th oct). I was just wondering when do we do the room checkups and uploading of IDs. I thought we had to do it one day before but I don't see any link. I am already done with system check though.
Also i have will have Aadhar card(only checked on gmatclub, its acceptable) as id proof because it contains my original address and the one i have put in gmac info. Rest all other ids have a different address, so can't use them. So I wanted to know do we have the drop down option for it when we checkin.

Hey arshiji,

All the very best for your Exam !!! :thumbsup:

Just a quick tip. For the online version I cannot say, but for the Offline / In-center exam version, I have personally faced a problem with other ID proofs apart from the passport. I believe they don't mention this explicitly but for Indians, passport is a must. So would suggest you to keep your passport handy, just in case somebody demands it.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 84
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V27 (Online)
Send PM
arshiji wrote:
Hi Friends

I had the same question before my exam.
Dont worry you will do it just before starting exam.
Not sure about aadhar card. I took it in USA and used Driving license. Keep passport also ready. They want to check your name and photo should match. what ever ID details you have given in mba.com should be good.
Good luck.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 146
GMAT 1: 610 Q46 V28
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V36
Send PM
arshiji wrote:
Hi Friends

arshiji You'll get a link roughly 30 mins before your exam, just follow the instructions mentioned and assuming things haven't changed, then you'll have to upload photos of your room. The application would ask you to upload photos of areas towards the right, left, front and back of the place where you'd be giving the exam.
As far as Id is concerned, I think passport is the only acceptable id proof for the candidates from India, however you may check the identity requirements on mba.com.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V27 (Online)
GPA: 3.76
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
DivyanshuGupta61 wrote:
arshiji wrote:
Hi Friends

arshiji You'll get a link roughly 30 mins before your exam, just follow the instructions mentioned and assuming things haven't changed, then you'll have to upload photos of your room. The application would ask you to upload photos of areas towards the right, left, front and back of the place where you'd be giving the exam.
As far as Id is concerned, I think passport is the only acceptable id proof for the candidates from India, however you may check the identity requirements on mba.com.

Hi Divyanshu
thanks for information
so the thing is i do have the ID but the address is not where i live now and only aadhar card has the permanent correct address.
Which 2 information they compare for address? the address i have put in my mba.com profile? because that i can still change right to one with my passport address?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1805 [0]
Given Kudos: 203
Send PM
arshiji wrote:

so the thing is i do have the ID but the address is not where i live now and only aadhar card has the permanent correct address.
Which 2 information they compare for address? the address i have put in my mba.com profile? because that i can still change right to one with my passport address?

Your passport with your name and country is sufficient. The address is not essential.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 368 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
WE:Operations (Retail)
Send PM
arshiji wrote:
DivyanshuGupta61 wrote:
arshiji wrote:
Hi Friends

Hi Divyanshu
thanks for information

as such proctor doesn't match addresses
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  136   137   138   139   140  ...  183