Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 17:58 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72887 [1]
Given Kudos: 18868
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2413 [1]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
mcelroytutoring wrote:
I also agree with the suggestions of others that the moderators should create a new thread specifically for GMAT Online debriefs, especially now that this thread has stretched to an unmanageable 37 pages and counting, and the exam has already concluded for some test-takers.

So, who's going to be the first to write a GMAT Online debrief here on GMAT Club? I'm looking forward to finding out.

By the way, my best guess given GMAC's vague wording is that you do NOT receive an "unofficial" score right away, though I initially read it differently as the lack of a unofficial score "preview" before deciding whether to cancel the score, as is done with the test center GMAT.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will be happy to start offshoot topics for debriefs and also a few other potential topics such as tips for the online whiteboard and any others you think we should split up and link from this 37-page monster :-o

As to the reason for not showing the score right away, very logic explanation. Quite likely that’s the case.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [9]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Kudos
Hey yall,

I took the test at 8am today. Some notes:

- I took a practice test Saturday with the Manhattan prep white board, and decided I could handle it. I primarily used the typing function to type out formulas. Barely used the pencil.
- I was a little more pressed for time on Quant and IR than I would have liked, but not so much more than normal.
- If you hold your hand to your face, your face goes off camera (if you're looking down or hunched over), or if you are mouthing words to yourself, the proctor will chat you and tell you to stop. That was a bigger distraction for me than using the white board.
- Quant seemed easier and Verbal seemed harder to me than the practice tests I've taken. Could to totally subjective though.
- I didn't get an unofficial score. I'll let yall know when I get my score in.

Good luck!
Moose

P.S. Dedicated Topic: https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-online- ... 21732.html

Originally posted by allmoosenoantlers on 20 Apr 2020, 13:05.
Last edited by bb on 20 Apr 2020, 13:43, edited 1 time in total.
Link to dedicated debrief
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hey. Good to know that you did your test well. Was touch screen allowed? And how did you work out sums for quants?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
allmoosenoantlers wrote:
Hey yall,

I took the test at 8am today. Some notes:

- I took a practice test Saturday with the Manhattan prep white board, and decided I could handle it. I primarily used the typing function to type out formulas. Barely used the pencil.
- I was a little more pressed for time on Quant and IR than I would have liked, but not so much more than normal.
- If you hold your hand to your face, your face goes off camera (if you're looking down or hunched over), or if you are mouthing words to yourself, the proctor will chat you and tell you to stop. That was a bigger distraction for me than using the white board.
- Quant seemed easier and Verbal seemed harder to me than the practice tests I've taken. Could to totally subjective though.
- I didn't get an unofficial score. I'll let yall know when I get my score in.

Good luck!
Moose

How was the difficulty level of the questions?

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [2]
Given Kudos: 149
Concentration: Finance, Statistics
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
Send PM
Kudos
Guys guys! take it easy don’t migrate to GRE and decrease their Quantitative reasoning percentile (with your strong Quant muscles) they beg :lol:

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
I have updated the first post of the topic and added a link to the new debrief: https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-online- ... 21732.html

I will create separate discussions and link to them from the first post as needs arise. Please check the first post of the topic for the latest info.
Thank you!
GMAT Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 597 [5]
Given Kudos: 75
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V51
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Hi all! I'd be happy to jump in on a few of your questions. I just sat for the online exam - it was an experience, for sure!

While I've reached out and have not yet heard back from GMAC, the proctor was not aware of whether or not writing aids such as the use of a touchscreen or an external writing tablet are permitted. In general, the proctor is only aware of Pearson-specific policies. Anything GMAC specific needs to be fielded GMAC's way. (I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from them - though others may have thoughts or GMAC-specific responses!) I know a few have reached out and received seemingly-conflicting responses on the note of touchscreen use/etc.

Scores are not immediately released. The prompt mentioned a time window "within two weeks," though I know other sources on MBA.com cite a shorter window (7 business days, generally).

I would also mention for those taking the online exam soon that there were some glitches associated with the online whiteboard. Nothing major - but I did occasionally have an "enter" delete my text rather than move to the next line, etc. I've reached out to GMAC on that note as well.

The sections definitely required some approach adjustments, and anyone preparing for the online portion will want to know ahead of time how they plan to approach the use of keyboard vs. mouse tool, etc. There are also some strange nuances with the geometric figures/etc. that are worth noting (spaces have an automatic "fill" of white, etc.)

I unfortunately have to scoot right over to a tutoring session post-test, but I'll be running a webinar on the Veritas Youtube page tomorrow at 8pm eastern if anyone wants to jump in and ask any questions/hear my thoughts on how to make the best of the format. (I know that falls at a somewhat funky time for many of my GMATClub friends around the world - so feel free to leave a comment if you miss the live stream!)

If you have any questions, you're more than welcome to tag me here as well, and I'll try my best to hop back on the thread and get to them :)

Best of luck to anyone braving this format over the next few days!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72887 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
VeritasPrepHailey wrote:
Hi all! I'd be happy to jump in on a few of your questions. I just sat for the online exam - it was an experience, for sure!

Thanks so much for posting your debrief! I have creates a separate topic for your debrief as well to make sure it does not drown in this sea of posts :-)
https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-online- ... 21735.html

I have also embedded a link to your webinar into your post.

P.S. First post has also been updated with this link.

Thank you!
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Third debrief from today has been posted!!!!

https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-online- ... 21743.html

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
One more debrief was posted (auto-posted by via MGMAT blog but still better than nothing)

https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-online- ... 21850.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Sorry guys, not giving up that easily. GMAC is now responding on Twitter "...we are actively working on a solution, which will take some time to complete... we will share additional information on the whiteboard as soon as it’s available." https://twitter.com/OfficialGMAT/status/1252372979205279751

I already replied asking when updates can be expected, but at least they are working on something.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Kudos
Not sure how hard it is to just say "we will allow you to use a pencil and scratch paper/whiteboard provided you prove they are blank at the start of the exam to the proctor" or something like that...really having a hard time justifying they can't make this happen if GRE can

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Kudos
If they make changes now, wouldn’t it be unfair to the people who wrote it already... it makes me sceptical if they would actually do anything

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Right, should have added the fact that we have been voicing our concerns and frustrations for a week-week and a half. That should have given them plenty of time to scratch the online whiteboard idea and proceeded to the pen and scratch paper method before the first online GMAT exam date (4/20)

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Does anyone has confirmation that an external mouse is allowed? What about a base for the mouse? Finally, does anyone know if we are allowed a bottle / glass of water? In the security test launch program it says that we are not allowed any drinks but i would find it very odd if we were not allowed at least a glass of water
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51450 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply
My test is supposed to start in 33 minutes and I see no link for my test! WTF!!!!
GMAT Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 597 [1]
Given Kudos: 75
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V51
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hey souvik101990 - mine didn't show up until *exactly* 30 minutes before :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  35   36   37   38   39  ...  183