Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 07:03 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [36]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [1]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63671 [2]
Given Kudos: 1774
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V170

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [2]
Send PM
Re: GMAT ONLINE Experience - 750 (Q50, V41) [#permalink]
Kudos
Quote:
:oops: :shock: :(

Ugh. Not cool. The whiteboard seems damaging enough without the glitches. :?

Thank you so much for the debrief, Andreacesare! You deserve a cookie for giving this a shot on the first day of it. Please let us know once you receive your score? We're rooting for you!

Of course I’ll let you know :)

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [2]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 610 Q49 V25
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

You are a god among us fearful mortals. Good luck on your scores.

Just one query,
How was the onscreen whiteboard, with regards to diagrams for geometry, equation solving and calculations.

Do I really draw grid lines on MS paint and start practicing?

Thanks.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
creed4truth wrote:
Hi,

You are a god among us fearful mortals. Good luck on your scores.

Just one query,
How was the onscreen whiteboard, with regards to diagrams for geometry, equation solving and calculations.

Do I really draw grid lines on MS paint and start practicing?

Thanks.

Ahaha you got me with “fearful mortals”.

Anyway, the Manhattan Prep whiteboard is 99% accurate in any aspect (that 1% is just because it does not simulate the glitches of the real one). Learn how to use it, it works exactly the same.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Kudos
Andreacesare wrote:

Quant section was neither harder nor easier than expected for me (compared to official practice exams). The only issue I had is this: I finished 6 minutes in advance, so I decided to wait 5 minutes before submitting the last question, so that I could take some rest before verbal: however, with 1 minute remaining, the proctor contacted me to ask if everything was fine, and I risked not submitting the last question because of that. Again, everything went fine and I managed to submit it, but it was another potential source of stress.

Thank you Andreacesare for this super useful debrief.
So interesting that you finished quant 6 minutes in advance! How does this compare to your regular quant timing when you use a physical whiteboard and actually write down notes? Do you normally finish with few minutes extra or you think not having to taking notes may actually (positively!!!) contributed to your time management?
Also, could solve quant questions as efficiently as if you use a scratch pad and get to correct answer?
Thanks
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2301 [1]
Given Kudos: 114
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GRE 1: Q169 V168

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
What a brave soul!

I still cannot image solving quant questions on an virtual whiteboard. How much screen space does the whiteboard occupy? You can see both question prompt and whiteboard at the same time, can you?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
https://cdn2.manhattanprep.com/whiteboard/index.html Is this whiteboard an adequate simulation to practice? Is a touchscreen allowed?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [7]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
sag129 wrote:
https://cdn2.manhattanprep.com/whiteboard/index.html Is this whiteboard an adequate simulation to practice? Is a touchscreen allowed?

Seriously? Did you read this thread? If you ignore what other people have written and said why do you think anyone will pay attention to your post?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 223
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
GMAT Date: 02-03-2015
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.4
WE:Account Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
sag129 wrote:

Touch screen is not allowed. unfortunately. According to GMAC guideline. There was a similar question before.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Andreacesare wrote:
Hi guys!

I am going to tell my experience taking the online Gmat.

First of all, the check-in procedure can be quite long if something goes wrong (which happened to me, since the system was not accepting the photo of my passport for some unspecified reason), so be sure to log in 30 minutes before the scheduled time for your exam (as the gmat website suggests) to avoid unnecessary sources of stress.

You have no contacts with the proctor before the start of the exam: after you click “begin exam” and upload photos, you wait for a proctor to start your exam (10 mins more or less), but he does not ask you to show the inside of your room, your ID or anything else in live (which is something that happens for example with TOEFL online). Also, you have no contacts with the proctor during the exam unless something happens.

Yes, the online whiteboard glitches quite often, and everything you wrote disappears: it happened to me 2/3 times during quant and 2 times during verbal: fortunately, it did not happen while I was doing calculations or something like that, so it did not create any problems, but it could be an issue if you are less lucky than I was.

Quant section was neither harder nor easier than expected for me (compared to official practice exams). The only issue I had is this: I finished 6 minutes in advance, so I decided to wait 5 minutes before submitting the last question, so that I could take some rest before verbal: however, with 1 minute remaining, the proctor contacted me to ask if everything was fine, and I risked not submitting the last question because of that. Again, everything went fine and I managed to submit it, but it was another potential source of stress.

Verbal: In my opinion, RC was a bit harder than expected, SC was very easy, CR was normal. I feel that overall it was a little bit harder than expected, but I think it mainly depended on the fact that you have no break after quant.

IR was absolutely fine.

At the end, no unofficial score was displayed and no option to cancel score/exam appeared. Also, you are not asked to choose universities to send scores.

I feel that the main issue may be the absence of an optional break between quant and verbal, rather than the online whiteboard (especially if they will solve glitches).

My opinion is that all considered (glitching whiteboard, no break, potential technical issues), you should take the online version only if you really need a score immediately. Otherwise, do not renounce to those potential 30/50 more points you could get in normal testing conditions.

Feel free to ask anything if you have any doubts.

Thanks for sharing your experience with all of us.

Can you please tell us a little about a differences you face between online white board and Normal Scratch Board ? Like you said that you did your Quant section , 5 minutes earlier, How was the experience doing calculations on Digital board as compare to normal paper ?

Wish you a very best of luck for Scores :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
ZM308 wrote:
Andreacesare wrote:

Thank you Andreacesare for this super useful debrief.
So interesting that you finished quant 6 minutes in advance! How does this compare to your regular quant timing when you use a physical whiteboard and actually write down notes? Do you normally finish with few minutes extra or you think not having to taking notes may actually (positively!!!) contributed to your time management?
Also, could solve quant questions as efficiently as if you use a scratch pad and get to correct answer?
Thanks

As a strategy, I normally finish quant 5/10 minutes in advance with a score of Q48/49/50. It allows me to have more or less 15 minutes (including 8 minute break) to refresh and aim for V40+.
However, I usually guess on only a couple of questions in quant, while yesterday I think I guessed 4: so yes, it may have slightly impacted on my pace.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Is it possible to split screen and work on the whiteboard while also being able to see the question/answers? I am thinking about longer equations or being able to glance back and forth between my scratch and the answers.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Given Kudos: 132
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28 (Online)
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.23
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Congrats Andreacesare !

You see, seem despite all the issues it can be done.

Let's hope you get the grade you expected.

Regards,
Pablo
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22055 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Andreacesare,

It sounds as though you had a pretty decent experience. Thank you for sharing and good luck with things moving forward.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 176
Send PM
Great debrief.
Helped a lot.
In my understanding GMAC People are not going to use the heavy calculation Questions or Graphs or Drawing questions for time being.
May be after getting to know the average Quant score of 1000+ exams the Question difficulty level might increase, when GMAC get the inkling of difficulty/easy level without a note pad.
So for time being Quant maybe more Wordy or Tricky ones.
Good for the people who doesn't need much calculations while solving.
Verbal is going to be the decider for scoring.

Just My Thought nothing concrete.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [4]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
This is how GMAC thinks people with laptops are going to take the GMAT exam... yeah, right

Paste this after your youtube browser:

DO NOT TAKE THIS EXAM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
GMATwhiteboard wrote:
This is how GMAC thinks people with laptops are going to take the GMAT exam... yeah, right

Paste this after your youtube browser:

DO NOT TAKE THIS EXAM

Thank you for posting and recording! One of the tips I have heard is to use the shorthand and typing out the equations like you would on GMAT Club - e.g. x+2=4. What is x?
It is not ideal but it is faster than drawing with a mouse....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Andreacesare

Thanks brave one. However, on the quant, were the calculations and solving-process of a problem lengthy? I recall my multiple official attempts, and quant was quite lengthy on the pad. To replicate all that on the blackboard seems very time-consuming.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts