Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 22:31 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 22:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72862 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [3]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 392 [2]
Given Kudos: 93
GRE 1: Q166 V159

GRE 2: Q165 V156

GRE 3: Q166 V159
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 392 [0]

Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
Vinay1992 wrote:
Me and my friends have started bombarding them with emails, social media tags/DMs about this whiteboard business already. Really disappointed. If Corona wasn't enough.

Posted from my mobile device

Hey, that's a good idea , could you please share contents of email here so that we could also send them and probably the email addresses
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Gosh, what a terrible start for something that seemed like a thought through solution in those extreme times. Neither does the registration process work probably, nor is this "not note-taking policy" anywhere near acceptable. Surely, many test takers will not be able to maintain their former avg. time/question with this extreme obstacle.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
jbatra wrote:
Honestly, this is a disaster and most of the people would now move to GRE. Such a disappointment when you have been preparing for GMAT on GMATClub all the day but in vain.

Can anybody let me know what portion of GMAT is same in GRE in Verbal at least. I am totally clueless with GRE

https://greprepclub.com/forum

The Qant is pretty much the same. You will have to master vocabulary but there is no Sentence Correction. workout knows a lot more than I do :cool:

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 888 [1]
Given Kudos: 354
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V27
GMAT 2: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Kudos
maxsmi wrote:
Gosh, what a terrible start for something that seemed like a thought through solution in those extreme times. Neither does the registration process work probably, nor is this "not note-taking policy" anywhere near acceptable. Surely, many test takers will not be able to maintain their former avg. time/question with this extreme obstacle.

I just tried a whiteboard online and trust me it took me close to 2 mins for a simple sub-600 quant question. I wonder what will it take to solve a 700 level question.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
ahhh this is awful i have been trying to register for it for like 2 hours now and the same mistake of missing profile information keeps appearing...

has anyone actually been able to register or are the servers just **** in general?
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2412 [2]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Chethan92 wrote:
Keep in mind that with the GMAT™ Online exam currently there is not an opportunity to preview your unofficial score at the end of your exam. So, if you are unsure, you can wait to select programs until after receiving your official score report via email.

Your official score will be sent to you via email (to the email on your registration record) within 7 business days of completing your exam.

We cannot view our scores?

Yes, of course you can view your scores once the exam is over--it's just that you won't have a chance to "preview" your scores before you decide whether to cancel them on the spot, as is now done with the regular test-center GMAT.

This is just GMAC's roundabout way of saying that GMAT Online scores cannot be cancelled, except in the case of verified technical issues (see below).

Like everyone else, I am bummed about the absurd online whiteboard requirement, which effectively makes the Quant section 50% harder, but I might try the at-home exam anyway, since it doesn't count toward my 8 lifetime attempts.

I guess this means that I get the privilege of taking the GMAT 9 times. :shock:

EDIT, 4/16/20: The more GMAC literature I read about this, the more I am starting to believe Chethan92 's interpretation: that you cannot in fact view GMAT Online scores of any type until they are released about 7 days later, presumably to give GMAC time to "curve" the online test questions. The wording is vague, however, so I look forward to some clarification during the webinar tomorrow.

Originally posted by mcelroytutoring on 14 Apr 2020, 13:00.
Last edited by mcelroytutoring on 16 Apr 2020, 16:33, edited 15 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
alexmeier1899 wrote:
ahhh this is awful i have been trying to register for it for like 2 hours now and the same mistake of missing profile information keeps appearing...

has anyone actually been able to register or are the servers just **** in general?

Appears messed up for everyone. OfficialGMAT twitter says they are working on resolving the issue.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
alexmeier1899 wrote:

I haven't been able to register either. Same error.

Their website says "NOTICE: We are experiencing unusually high traffic, which may impact your ability to complete some actions on our site. We appreciate your patience as we work towards a resolution."

I'm just gonna wait until traffic is down. I doubt it it's gonna fill out quickly. There are apparently tons of appointments 24/7.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72862 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Wow this is definitely a step back and an unpleasant surprise. At the same time, this is how GMAT used to be five years ago. You could never preview your score and you could never cancel it after seeing the score.

PS. I will inquire about cancellations specifically and directly with GMAC. There is a general webinar on the 17th but I’ll see if I can get the answers ahead of time.

mcelroytutoring wrote:
Chethan92 wrote:
Keep in mind that with the GMAT™ Online exam currently there is not an opportunity to preview your unofficial score at the end of your exam. So, if you are unsure, you can wait to select programs until after receiving your official score report via email.

Your official score will be sent to you via email (to the email on your registration record) within 7 business days of completing your exam.

Yes, of course you can view your scores--it's just that you won't have a chance to "preview" your scores before you decide to cancel them or not.

This is just GMAC's roundabout way of saying that GMAT Online scores cannot be cancelled, except in the case of verified technical issues.

Kudos
Q1: What if internet is going to be disconnected for 1 hour due to electricity?
Q2: What if people's passport is already in expired mode?
Thanks__
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72862 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Asad wrote:
Thanks__

The scratchpad will work in off-line mode, so you can draw stick figures and doodle around - be prepared to explain your drawings when internet connection resumes :lol:
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 392 [0]

Send PM
bb wrote:
jbatra wrote:
Honestly, this is a disaster and most of the people would now move to GRE. Such a disappointment when you have been preparing for GMAT on GMATClub all the day but in vain.

Can anybody let me know what portion of GMAT is same in GRE in Verbal at least. I am totally clueless with GRE

https://greprepclub.com/forum

The Qant is pretty much the same. You will have to master vocabulary but there is no Sentence Correction. workout knows a lot more than I do :cool:

Thanks bb, I am not sure maybe overthinking thanks to Quarantine and no human contact for last 30 days I have been practicising SC a lot as it used to be my weakness topic. Being an Engineer I am okay in Quant

Do you think it's good idea to consider GRE from home in one month or less knowing that Vocab is something I adore.

Would there be a difference in selection process in B-schools in US,Singapore and countries nearby India but not India ?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
bb wrote:
Wow this is definitely a step back and an unpleasant surprise. At the same time, this is how GMAT used to be five years ago. You could never preview your score and you could never cancel it after seeing the score.

PS. I will inquire about cancellations specifically and directly with GMAC. There is a general webinar on the 17th but I’ll see if I can get the answers ahead of time.

mcelroytutoring wrote:
Chethan92 wrote:

Yes, of course you can view your scores--it's just that you won't have a chance to "preview" your scores before you decide to cancel them or not.

This is just GMAC's roundabout way of saying that GMAT Online scores cannot be cancelled, except in the case of verified technical issues.

Does this mean that at the end of exam we will have the chance to cancel the test before seeing the score, and if we decide not to cancel and see the score, it will always be in the record?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools: LBS '24
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
Send PM
bb wrote:
Asad wrote:
Thanks__

The scratchpad will work in off-line mode, so you can draw stick figures and doogle around - be prepared to explain your drawings when internet connection resumes :lol:

Can I apply with GMAT Online Score for 2021 intake?
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Yes. Your score is valid for 5 years after you take it.

gmat1102 wrote:
bb wrote:
Asad wrote:
Thanks__

The scratchpad will work in off-line mode, so you can draw stick figures and doogle around - be prepared to explain your drawings when internet connection resumes :lol:

Can I apply with GMAT Online Score for 2021 intake?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
I keep getting the message "Your profile missed below fields for online GMAT exam
Phone Country Code" when I tried to register.. anyone has an idea what is going on here?
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
lesliehwl wrote:
I keep getting the message "Your profile missed below fields for online GMAT exam
Phone Country Code" when I tried to register.. anyone has an idea what is going on here?

There seems to be an issue with the profile update and GMAC appears to be aware of it and working on it... so it is not just your profile. Seems quite a few folks are affected (not sure if it is everyone)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17  ...  183