GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 03 Aug 2020, 19:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
P
Joined: 17 Aug 2018
Posts: 387
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 610 Q43 V31
GMAT 2: 640 Q45 V32
GMAT 3: 640 Q47 V31
GRE 1: Q155 V155
WE: General Management (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User
GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 22 Jul 2020, 11:47
8
36
GMAT ONLINE - EVERYTHING WE KNOW!
(this post is stickied at the top to provide a quick reference about GMAT Online)

  • Online exam registration is $200 USD; there is no cost to reschedule even if you miss the test
  • Appointment dates are available beginning April 20, 2020, until June 15, 2020, July 17, 2020, Aug 14, 2020, Dec 31, 2020
  • Physical dry-erase white-board is allowed
Spoiler: :: Click to Expand full summary

  • The GMAT™ Online exam can be taken on both Windows and Mac personal computers and laptops. Tablets are NOT allowed
  • The sections are as follows:
    31 Quantitative / 62 minutes
    36 Verbal / 65 minutes
    12 IR / 30 minutes
    *Please note that the Section Order for the GMAT ™ Online exam is fixed at this time as Quantitative Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning, Integrated Reasoning
  • You will be allowed one, optional 5-minute break before you begin the Integrated Reasoning section.
  • Unlike the in-person exam at a testing center, the GMAT™ Online exam does not permit the use of a whiteboard during the exam. To assist you with the ability to take notes and/or draw shapes, there is an online whiteboard feature you can access during the exam. To learn more about Whiteboards, or Try one in action, see GMAT Club's Master Whiteboard Discussion
  • Tablets are also forbidden. Devices must have a physical keyboard
  • Touchscreens are a controversial item. Originally GMAC said touchscreens were forbidden. However, later they relaxed the requirements and are permitting use of touchscreens but not using touchscreens for the whiteboard
  • When you complete the exam, you will not receive a score immediately. Scores available in 7 days
  • Scores cannot be canceled
  • You can choose to send your scores to Schools (unlimited number) AFTER seeing the score instead of before taking the test (positive change)
  • Your online GMAT scores will NOT show up in the regular score reports and vice versa - New!
  • You can only take 1 GMAT Online test
  • Full details here: https://www.mba.com/exams/gmat-online/gmat-online-experience/about-the-gmat-online
  • You cannot get ESR report to analyze your performance https://www.mba.com/frequently-asked-questions/gmat-online-exam#question27

Image

Whiteboard Questions

GMAT Online Debriefs

Originally posted by mykrasovski on 23 Mar 2020, 11:37.
Last edited by bb on 22 Jul 2020, 11:47, edited 90 times in total.
Update
Manager
Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 31 Mar 2017
Posts: 136
Location: Canada
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 560 Q44 V24
GMAT 2: 540 Q31 V34
GMAT 3: 590 Q36 V34
GMAT 4: 600 Q42 V30
GRE 1: Q159 V152
GPA: 4
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2020, 09:04
4
bb wrote:
Chethan92 wrote:
Keep in mind that with the GMAT™ Online exam currently there is not an opportunity to preview your unofficial score at the end of your exam. So, if you are unsure, you can wait to select programs until after receiving your official score report via email.

Your official score will be sent to you via email (to the email on your registration record) within 7 business days of completing your exam.

We cannot view our scores?



:lol: :lol: :lol: This is GMAT from Hell, not GMAT at Home



I have a touchscreen laptop and I am thinking how feasible this will be to use a stylus on the screen but is a stylus or touch screen feature even allowed?

This is worse than GRE at home. I will prefer to sit through a 6 hr GRE exam again than to appear for an exam with no way to solve using my hands or on a pad. This is insanity. I want to know which dumbass consultant came up with that IDEA? :lol: :shock:
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Dec 2019
Posts: 5
GMAT 1: 600 Q46 V27
GMAT 2: 620 Q40 V35
GMAT 3: 690 Q48 V37 (Online)
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2020, 09:09
2
ari.banerjee wrote:
Ok updated now. Ya'll can go book your dates now.

Very interesting feature that you can add Schools that you wish to report your scores to right away before taking the exam!!!!!!!!

One can take the exam from 12 am to 6:45 pm lol

All the night owls are licking their chops right now haha


It is even crazier for Indian test-takers. You can take it from 12 am to 11:45 pm.
NUS School Moderator
avatar
V
Joined: 18 Jul 2018
Posts: 1143
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 590 Q46 V25
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V34
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2020, 09:13
3
1
ari.banerjee wrote:
bb wrote:
Chethan92 wrote:
Keep in mind that with the GMAT™ Online exam currently there is not an opportunity to preview your unofficial score at the end of your exam. So, if you are unsure, you can wait to select programs until after receiving your official score report via email.

Your official score will be sent to you via email (to the email on your registration record) within 7 business days of completing your exam.

We cannot view our scores?



:lol: :lol: :lol: This is GMAT from Hell, not GMAT at Home



I have a touchscreen laptop and I am thinking how feasible this will be to use a stylus on the screen but is a stylus or touch screen feature even allowed?

This is worse than GRE at home. I will prefer to sit through a 6 hr GRE exam again than to appear for an exam with no way to solve using my hands or on a pad. This is insanity. I want to know which dumbass consultant came up with that IDEA? :lol: :shock:


I can't even write numbers properly with a mouse. Imagine solving problems :lol:

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Apr 2020
Posts: 18
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2020, 09:14
2
No notepad/whiteboard is actually absurd. How are you supposed to solve any quant questions using a digital notepad?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 31 Mar 2017
Posts: 136
Location: Canada
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 560 Q44 V24
GMAT 2: 540 Q31 V34
GMAT 3: 590 Q36 V34
GMAT 4: 600 Q42 V30
GRE 1: Q159 V152
GPA: 4
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 14 Apr 2020, 15:29
8
Chethan92 wrote:
ari.banerjee wrote:
bb wrote:
Chethan92 wrote:
Keep in mind that with the GMAT™ Online exam currently there is not an opportunity to preview your unofficial score at the end of your exam. So, if you are unsure, you can wait to select programs until after receiving your official score report via email.

Your official score will be sent to you via email (to the email on your registration record) within 7 business days of completing your exam.

We cannot view our scores?



:lol: :lol: :lol: This is GMAT from Hell, not GMAT at Home



I have a touchscreen laptop and I am thinking how feasible this will be to use a stylus on the screen but is a stylus or touch screen feature even allowed?

This is worse than GRE at home. I will prefer to sit through a 6 hr GRE exam again than to appear for an exam with no way to solve using my hands or on a pad. This is insanity. I want to know which dumbass consultant came up with that IDEA? :lol: :shock:


I can't even write numbers properly with a mouse. Imagine solving problems :lol:

Posted from my mobile device



GMAC is a corrupt entity and all they ever care about is how to gouge prices and deceive innocent people and poor students with multiple attempts, ESR purchases and an elusive algorithm that produces haywire fluctuations that are incomprehensible. This is another example of how GMAT doesn't care about students and at a time of crisis is just trying to make money and make the experience even harder so that students will have to give the GMAT again when the testing centers open back up.

I hope people choose GRE and that this time it destroys GMAT for good. I hope it goes bankrupt.

Originally posted by ari.banerjee on 14 Apr 2020, 09:21.
Last edited by ari.banerjee on 14 Apr 2020, 15:29, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Oct 2019
Posts: 10
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2020, 09:22
1
At this point I'm really tempted to go all in with GRE

Posted from my mobile device
NUS School Moderator
avatar
V
Joined: 18 Jul 2018
Posts: 1143
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 590 Q46 V25
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V34
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2020, 09:23
1
ari.banerjee wrote:
Chethan92 wrote:
ari.banerjee wrote:
bb wrote:
Chethan92 wrote:
Keep in mind that with the GMAT™ Online exam currently there is not an opportunity to preview your unofficial score at the end of your exam. So, if you are unsure, you can wait to select programs until after receiving your official score report via email.

Your official score will be sent to you via email (to the email on your registration record) within 7 business days of completing your exam.

We cannot view our scores?



:lol: :lol: :lol: This is GMAT from Hell, not GMAT at Home



I have a touchscreen laptop and I am thinking how feasible this will be to use a stylus on the screen but is a stylus or touch screen feature even allowed?

This is worse than GRE at home. I will prefer to sit through a 6 hr GRE exam again than to appear for an exam with no way to solve using my hands or on a pad. This is insanity. I want to know which dumbass consultant came up with that IDEA? :lol: :shock:


I can't even write numbers properly with a mouse. Imagine solving problems :lol:

Posted from my mobile device



GMAC is a corrupt entity and all they ever care about is how to gauge prices and deceive innocent people and poor students with multiple attempts, ESR purchases and an elusive algorithm that produces haywire fluctuations that are incomprehensible. This is another example of how GMAT doesn't care about students and at a time of crisis is just trying to make money and make the experience even harder so that students will have to give the GMAT again when the testing centers open back up.

I hope people choose GRE and that this time it destroys GMAT for good. I hope it goes bankrupt.


I would rather wait for the centers to reopen to retake GMAT. One of the main reasons I chose GMAT is because I can learn something from it. For me, GRE is just mugging up some words that I'll hardly or never use.
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 3653
GRE 1: Q168 V154

GRE 2: Q169 V152
GPA: 3.44
WE: Engineering (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2020, 09:29
xzip03 wrote:
At this point I'm really tempted to go all in with GRE

Posted from my mobile device


Come over to greprepclub.com :lol: :-P
_________________
Manager
Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 31 Mar 2017
Posts: 136
Location: Canada
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 560 Q44 V24
GMAT 2: 540 Q31 V34
GMAT 3: 590 Q36 V34
GMAT 4: 600 Q42 V30
GRE 1: Q159 V152
GPA: 4
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 14 Apr 2020, 09:35
I would argue against that. I gave the GRE with 1 week of preparation. I dont think vocabulary plays as big a role as people say it does. If you go by that logic then GMAT is an exam that makes you want to mug up a bunch of grammar rules that we never apply in technical or formal english, some quite bizarre and awkward if you ask me and you will never see your attorney or manager speak in that fashion.

GRE verbal is context driven and often times it is easier to guess the word and what it means. Sure, if you are going for a score of above 160 in Verbal then it will test your vocabulary to a higher degree but you can still do well if you understand the context. You can leverage your RC and CR learnings from GMAT and get a very high verbal score.

Originally posted by ari.banerjee on 14 Apr 2020, 09:30.
Last edited by ari.banerjee on 14 Apr 2020, 09:35, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 31 Mar 2017
Posts: 136
Location: Canada
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 560 Q44 V24
GMAT 2: 540 Q31 V34
GMAT 3: 590 Q36 V34
GMAT 4: 600 Q42 V30
GRE 1: Q159 V152
GPA: 4
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2020, 09:31
Chethan92 wrote:
I would rather wait for the centers to reopen to retake GMAT. One of the main reasons I chose GMAT is because I can learn something from it. For me, GRE is just mugging up some words that I'll hardly or never use.


I would argue against that. I gave the GRE with 1 week of preparation. I dont think vocabulary plays as big a role as people say it does. If you go by that logic then GMAT is an exam that makes you want to mug up a bunch of grammar rules that we never apply in technical or formal english, some quite bizarre and awkward if you ask me and you will never see your attorney or manager speak in that fashion.

GRE verbal is context driven and often times it is easier to guess the word and what it means. Sure, if you are going for a score of above 160 in Verbal then it will test your vocabulary to a higher degree but you can still do well if you understand the context. You can leverage your RC and CR learnings from GMAT and get a very high verbal score.[/quote]
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 10 Sep 2019
Posts: 68
Location: India
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
Schools: Booth, Ross'23, Duke Fuqua
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 2.6
WE: Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2020, 09:35
1
Shadi123 wrote:
It's going to be challenging not to take notes!

Whiteboard Usage During the Exam
Unlike the in-person exam at a testing center, the GMAT™ Online exam does not permit the use of a whiteboard during the exam. To assist you with the ability to take notes and/or draw shapes, there is an online whiteboard feature you can access during the exam.
This online whiteboard allows candidates to:

Enter text and draw shapes and lines
Change the stroke size of lines, the fill and background colors of shapes, and the size and font of text
Erase or clear to start something new


What is the source of this information?
I read it on the GRE website (in the webinar presentation that they released) that you can use the whiteboard with erasable marker during the online home test, provided you erase all notes taken in view of the proctor. Now that makes sense!
I read somewhere (on gmat club) that GMAC will be hosting a webinar on April ~17th I guess. Maybe they'll release the official test conditions then!
But seriously, what is the source of the 'Online Whiteboard only' info?
Attachments

Screenshot 2020-04-14 at 11.08.04 PM.png
Screenshot 2020-04-14 at 11.08.04 PM.png [ 793.2 KiB | Viewed 6713 times ]

Manager
Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 31 Mar 2017
Posts: 136
Location: Canada
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 560 Q44 V24
GMAT 2: 540 Q31 V34
GMAT 3: 590 Q36 V34
GMAT 4: 600 Q42 V30
GRE 1: Q159 V152
GPA: 4
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2020, 09:38
TheGuyDangerous wrote:
Shadi123 wrote:
It's going to be challenging not to take notes!

Whiteboard Usage During the Exam
Unlike the in-person exam at a testing center, the GMAT™ Online exam does not permit the use of a whiteboard during the exam. To assist you with the ability to take notes and/or draw shapes, there is an online whiteboard feature you can access during the exam.
This online whiteboard allows candidates to:

Enter text and draw shapes and lines
Change the stroke size of lines, the fill and background colors of shapes, and the size and font of text
Erase or clear to start something new


What is the source of this information?
I read it on the GRE website (in the webinar presentation that they released) that you can use the whiteboard with erasable marker during the online home test, provided you erase all notes taken in view of the proctor. Now that makes sense!
I read somewhere (on gmat club) that GMAC will be hosting a webinar on April ~17th I guess. Maybe they'll release the official test conditions then!
But seriously, what is the source of the 'Online Whiteboard only' info?



go here https://www.mba.com/exams/gmat-online/p ... nvironment
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Oct 2019
Posts: 21
CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2020, 09:47
2
I am a little confused by the no writing policy. How will we answer Quant questions? If we have the same 2 minute per question time, the whiteboard will eat up more of our time as it takes more time to write solutions online.

Also, if we decide not to send scores upon registration. Will this score get added to our official score report after (along with other accepted GMAT scores from previous takes)?
Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 20633
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2020, 09:47
1
Here is a screenshot from mba.com for the record in case they change it.

Posted from my mobile device
Attachments

D5C5582C-E0F6-46AF-B8B8-A0B865A070B7.jpeg
D5C5582C-E0F6-46AF-B8B8-A0B865A070B7.jpeg [ 382.06 KiB | Viewed 6640 times ]


_________________
Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
WAMC! - What Are My Chances - Automated Profile Evaluation Tool is Here!
Everything we know about GMAT ONLINE is Here!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
G
Status: Professional GMAT Trainer
Affiliations: GMAT Coach
Joined: 21 Mar 2017
Posts: 94
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GMAT 2: 770 Q51 V44
GMAT 3: 770 Q50 V44
GMAT 4: 770 Q50 V45 (Online)
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2020, 09:52
2
4
Kritisood wrote:
I use a white paper in verbal as well, for each question to mark/ eliminate the answer choices.. how will we be able to do this??

I highly recommend the Finger Method for process of elimination -- you eliminate answer choices by pulling in the corresponding finger on your off-hand. For example, if you are right-handed, pull in your left pinky for A, ring finger for B, etc. When you have 1 finger left, you have your answer. It takes a bit of practice but is very efficient! I find it is particularly helpful for speed on SC, because you can eliminate multiple answers at the same time, without looking away from the problem. Big thanks to the GMAT Club Community for originally teaching me this great technique!

However, I think no whiteboard will be a significant challenge for the quant. You could use the Finger Method above for Data Sufficiency.

One tip that could help for pacing is to memorize some benchmarks, below:
Attachments

GMAT Pacing Benchmarks (per 5 questions).png
GMAT Pacing Benchmarks (per 5 questions).png [ 70.81 KiB | Viewed 6613 times ]


_________________
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Mar 2020
Posts: 9
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2020, 09:57
1
Anyone still getting the error that our profile isn't filled out? Mine has all the information they're looking for.
CBS J-Term School Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 06 Mar 2020
Posts: 106
Location: India
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2020, 10:00
1
I hope they provide a sample link to the "whiteboard"- at least that way we can get used to the whole thing.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Apr 2017
Posts: 7
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2020, 10:01
Kimchili72 wrote:
Anyone still getting the error that our profile isn't filled out? Mine has all the information they're looking for.

i am getting this error "your profile missed below fields for online gmat exam - phone country code. when i update it it doesnt update as well. i can see the same old details on the home page.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
P
Joined: 17 Aug 2018
Posts: 387
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 610 Q43 V31
GMAT 2: 640 Q45 V32
GMAT 3: 640 Q47 V31
GRE 1: Q155 V155
WE: General Management (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2020, 10:17
1
Maybe one can use a tablet to take an exam?... I do not understand how one is supposed to solve most of the GMAT Quant questions without taking good notes. I guess this is how GMAC plans to bring the Quant percentile issue back to normal - everyone will suddenly starts getting Q30 in the test, lol.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
G
Status: Professional GMAT Trainer
Affiliations: GMAT Coach
Joined: 21 Mar 2017
Posts: 94
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GMAT 2: 770 Q51 V44
GMAT 3: 770 Q50 V44
GMAT 4: 770 Q50 V45 (Online)
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2020, 10:21
770GMAT wrote:
I hope they provide a sample link to the "whiteboard"- at least that way we can get used to the whole thing.


Good point, that would be helpful.

In the meantime, to practice, here is a whiteboard tool that I've used for tutoring and recommend: https://app.ziteboard.com/
_________________
GMAT Club Bot
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]   [#permalink] 14 Apr 2020, 10:21

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  11   12   13   14   15  ...  112    Next  [ 2221 posts ] 

GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne